Healthworks Fitness Centers Reviews | Glassdoor

Mark Harrington

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Front desk"

I have been working at Healthworks Fitness Centers part-time

Pros

Good staff and even better environment

Cons

None really. I like it

2. "Massage therapist"

I worked at Healthworks Fitness Centers full-time

Pros

Hourly pay i guess? Free membership? Im only writing this because i need to have something in this section

Cons

Low comission. Lack of xlear leadership. Wouldnt pay you for services preformed if a client complained about aylnything even if they were in the wrong. Imo they still owe me quite a bit of money. Only paid you half for employee massages

3. "Sales Manager"

I worked at Healthworks Fitness Centers full-time

Pros

Amazing staff, fun place to work, decent pay, great benefits on club amenities.

Cons

Long hours, little or no PTO, corporate management untrustworthy, no clear vision or game plan, disorganized from top down.

4. "Front Desk Associate"

I have been working at Healthworks Fitness Centers part-time

Pros

Great community and dedication to mission

Cons

Long hours of standing, with no sitting at all; customer service can get tough

"High stress, low reward"

Former Employee - Membership Advisor
    Former Employee - Membership Advisor

I worked at Healthworks Fitness Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team members, friendly members, good managers and beautiful facilities.

Cons

No transparency in how well / poorly company is doing, extremely high goals and expectation to work long, stressful hours to reach them. No employee feedback or manager feedback to improve on situations. No opportunity for professional growth, raise or promotion no matter your position or how well you exceed in it. Very high turnover rate and for roles that are commission based there is a much higher promise in the offer packet than is ever really achieved. No position is safe and no person is safe from company politics and agenda change.

Advice to Management

Invest more in your employees who love and are passionabte about working at your company. It's hard to find loyal employees in a place with such high turnover, so when you do treat them well. Listen to the individuals who have been there the longest and seen all the ups and downs because if they feel valued, protected and empowered they can probably offer some great insight or suggestion for helping to see the business succeed.

6. "Personal Trainer (less than a year)"

Former Employee - Personal Trainer
    Former Employee - Personal Trainer

I worked at Healthworks Fitness Centers full-time

Pros

A great place to start off as a personal trainer. The company provides tons of training and on boarding, getting you up to date on everything you need to know to be a great trainer including movement assessments and weekly meetings for new trainers.

Cons

The $15/hr salary before you hit 60 training hours in a month. Although it's above minimum wage it's really hard to live off this and you have to be really dedicated to work to start making some real money. Which doesn't provide for great work/life balance at first.

Advice to Management

Give trainers a $15/hr + trainer pay for each session.

7. "healthworks front desk"

I worked at Healthworks Fitness Centers part-time

Pros

Friendly staff, free gym membership

Cons

occasional member dissatisfaction, same schedule every week

"Personal Trainer and Health Coach"

Current Employee - Personal Trainer and Health Coach in Chestnut Hill, MA
    Current Employee - Personal Trainer and Health Coach in Chestnut Hill, MA

I have been working at Healthworks Fitness Centers full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Healthworks is a family owned company that takes care of its’ employees. The pay and benefits are great and the support systems that are in place to help their employees succeed are impressive. The atmosphere is great and the community feel is unparalleled!

Cons

If you work hard you will do great.

Advice to Management

Keep up the supportive atmosphere and ability to take feedback and act on it in a positive way.

"Manager"

I have been working at Healthworks Fitness Centers part-time

Pros

I get to work with the most dedicated fitness professionals. Beautiful facitlites. Benefits including: health insurance, 401K,, Incentive Trip, bonuses, etc

Cons

We are open all the time.

Advice to Management

The managers listen to employee feedback and want to make Healthworks the best place to work in the fitness industry!

Healthworks Fitness Centers Response

Oct 12, 2017 – President

Thanks for the great review!
    Mark

10. "Great Company to Work With!"

I worked at Healthworks Fitness Centers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Healthworks was my first sales job and it was a great experience! Be ready to take initiative and hit the groud running. Management makes sure to develop a close relationship. Truly felt supported by my direct manager. You're valued as an individual.

Cons

The nature of the job can be taxing over time. You have to work weekends and around holidays.

Healthworks Fitness Centers Response

Oct 12, 2017 – President

Thanks for the review. I understand how taxing it can be to support an operation that runs 7 days a week and appreciate everyone's effort to make our clubs a great experience for our members.
    Mark... More