Healthy Directions Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Good Company"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Potomac, MD
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Potomac, MD

I worked at Healthy Directions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible management with opportunity for growth. Provides a fair work life balance. The people there are great to work with and make it fun.

Cons

Senior management is a mix of long term, entrenched veterans and newer, more forward thinking executives. Can cause for mixed messages and direction.

Advice to Management

Try to communicate more to all levels of the company. Seems like some were in the know while others are not.

"About as stereotypical TV office life as you can get"

Former Employee - Marketing in Potomac, MD
    Former Employee - Marketing in Potomac, MD

Pros

Healthy Directions has frequent giveaways and prizes for the products that they promote. Since their target market is for senior citizens ages 55+, you may consider this a benefit. Being that I am under 30 and male, I wasn't able to find use for 90% of the freebies they gave away. Things like vitamins to help with joint pain and free newsletters on how to spruce up your sex life after being married for 40 years doesn't appeal to me.

Since they are a health newsletter company, they have many people who are knowledgeable about health issues and have a decent benefits package to boot. A good place to work for moms who need a flexible schedule and people who understand.

Cons

It's often a place filled with red tape and any changes can take a long time. It's hard for an employee's voice to be heard and really be recognized. It can be a very cold and lonely place to work and I had frequent memories of 'Office Space' working here.

Advice to Management

Improve on team work between divisions, there was a severe lack of communication and caring between teams. We just got used to it and learned to accept a couple of bad apples because we knew that management didn't care or knowingly didn't do anything about it.

"Trying to Escape"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager

Pros

-Free products whenever you want
    -Medical coverage
    -Free parking

Cons

-In constant fear of being let go due to the numerous layoffs that have happened.
    -Despite our hardwork, company numbers aren't doing well.
    -Constantly changing direction
    -Devalue the product with buy x, get y marketing scheme
    -Unavoidable gossip throughout the company. Closed door, secretive conversations or whispering runs rampant.
    -Not open to new ideas from lower levels of the company.

Advice to Management

-Listen to the lower levels. We have good ideas. Don't discount us because we're not part of your inner circle.
    -Be open and honest with us - we're adults and can handle the truth about the state of the business even if it will make us want to flee for the exits.
    -Have training courses for managers of staff.