KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 264 of over 267 reviews

4.2
Healthy Spot Founder and CEO  Andrew Kim
Andrew Kim
Pros
  • "From day one, I felt proud to be an employee of Healthy Spot(in 58 reviews)

• "An environment that truly loves pets and their pet parents(in 27 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I have yet to encounter a single negative thing about Healthy Spot(in 22 reviews)

• "Don't expect this job to be easy just because dogs are cute(in 20 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Healthy Spot and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

As a lifelong pet owner, I feel at home here - great, warm team ethos

Sep 14, 2021 - Retail Associate in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I feel so fortunate to have heard about working at Healthy Spot through a friend's recommendation. I feel like I've discovered something special! I look forward to coming in each day, honestly (even when I haven't gotten as nearly as much sleep as I need to - thanks internet!). Healthy Spot has a positive, upbeat company culture that before working here, I thought was cliché corporate marketing fantasy. Their training is modern, sensible, thorough, and I learned a lot of new things about pet nutrition in the process. Working here is making my own care for my dog even better and more informed. It's like going to school for nutrition! And the best part is that I get to bring my enthusiastic nerdiness into my conversations with customers. Healthy Spot people are encouraged to bring their full selves into work, and that really makes for authentic and energizing experiences with customers. Overall, I feel so grateful to have learned of Healthy Spot and joined the extended pup and catto support network that is fostered here.

Cons

Like any other group of humans, human mistakes can be made. This is inescapable. (But honestly, it wouldn't be nearly as fun or nurturing working alongside automaton robots that couldn't make a mistake). When a mistake is made by anyone in the company (no matter the seniority level), I've only witnessed people standing up to take accountability and making sure whatever conditions that led to the mistake are improved for the future (education, clearer/safer protocols, etc.). It's a call-in culture, not a call-out culture. That makes a huge difference in making the company a warm and welcoming space.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fun Work Environment and Opportunities to Grow

Sep 8, 2021 - Certified Key Holder
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve worked at Healthy Spot for almost two years and I am so grateful for all the knowledge and support I’ve gotten with this company. Super fun work environment and always opportunities to grow and move up within the company.

Cons

You aren’t allowed to bring home all the dogs you meet.

3. 5.0

AMAZING HIRING PROCESS

Sep 8, 2021 - Retail Store Manager in Santa Monica, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of the most amazing place to work at! I am amazed on how the responsibility that they're giving employees and opportunity for everyone to move up and grow with the company!

Cons

cons?????? there's none for me!

4. 5.0

good work environment

Sep 8, 2021 - Assistant Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

All the perks and benefits of working for a big company but with the feel of a small business. Everyone is helpful and a team player

Cons

Standing all day takes a little getting used to

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great culture, great company!

Sep 9, 2021 - Marketing Manager in Culver City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Supportive, fun, and passionate team - Room for growth - Working with dogs! - Sense of community - Discounts on Retail, grooming, and daycare

Cons

- Not much I can say here!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Passionate pet people that share the same values

Sep 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team members that care about pets, health and each other from top leadership to stores.

Cons

Start-up feel even though they've been around for 13+ years

7. 5.0

All around excellent!

Sep 5, 2021 - Retail Key Holder in Manhattan Beach, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great management, amazing and fun work environment, In depth training, employee discount, supportive and helpful coworkers!

Cons

If you are not passionate about pets and their nutrition this may not be for you

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Supportive and happy working environment

Sep 2, 2021 - Dog Bather Apprentice in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive, friendly, and helpful coworkers. They are so patient and taught me a lot. Good communication. The communication with HRs and managers is so smooth.

Cons

Working shifts include weekends. But the stores open on the weekend so it's undersandable.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee

The right spot

Sep 14, 2021 - Daycare Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I would say the pros of working at Healthy Spot is being able to work with dogs all day. I have been doing it awhile now and cannot get enough.

Cons

I'd say the con would just be that it has been a rough year which I completely understand but staffing has been short.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

A good starting place for the inexperienced to gain experience...

Mar 26, 2021 - Human Resources Coordinator (HR Coordinator) in Culver City, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

You have opportunities to learn new skills/wear a few hats, most coworkers are friendly animal-lovers and there are office dogs/free dog daycare!

Cons

We hadn't had a talent acquisition manager in over a year so we've been quite autonomous without the extra guidance and leadership, but it seems we've been managing just fine without. Pay and benefits are not competitive for the work that is being done, so please be aware of that if you are someone who has years of experience-- those with experience in their field will not be met with the salary they are expecting or were paid in the past with other companies. Having a true passion for animals helps!

1 person found this review helpful

Healthy Spot Response

HQ

Thank you for taking the time to leave an honest and detailed review. Your feedback matters, and it's how can make improvements to be the best we can be for our pack members. After all, we wouldn't be here without them!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 264 Reviews