KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 235 of over 241 reviews

3.2
HearingLife President Dean Pappous
Dean Pappous
Pros
  • "Great helping people hear sounds they have not in a long time(in 8 reviews)

• "people hear better(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Worst part is there is a palatable riff between upper management and lower making it awkward most of the time(in 10 reviews)

• "Let's face it Dean, no one is in the market for overpriced hearing aids right now(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of HearingLife and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Genuinely care about their team members

Sep 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

They genuinely care about their team members' growth and development, and they are always looking for ways to improve their people programs.

Cons

No cons. I truly enjoy being a part of this team.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Management makes it miserable

Oct 21, 2021 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

My first three years with the company I had a great manager who encouraged me to learn and grow. There were training opportunities and it was a pleasant work environment. It wasn't perfect but I liked my job.

Cons

After several changes in management the department is a miserable place to work if you aren't a director. The top management only cares what the directors think, and the directors all spend their time covering their own behinds or taking credit for other people's ideas. Talented people are leaving for better opportunities. Minimal chance for growth. If the SVP likes you great. If she doesn't, you should leave ASAP.

2 people found this review helpful

HearingLife Response

HearingLife is committed to creating a transparent and positive work environment for all our Team Members, and we appreciate you taking this time to provide your feedback. We would love to speak with your further about your experience to better understand how/where we can improve. Please email us at HR@hearinglife.com to continue this conversation.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Overall compensation falls short

Nov 9, 2021 - Hearing Instrument Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Immediate leadership from district manager is wonderful. Get to help patients every day hear their best.

Cons

Poor health insurance coverage with higher then average premiums especially for a company so large, lower than average 401k match, no cost of living pay increases and honestly its hard to impossible to get a merit increase. The salary plus commission we earn is no longer competitive or enough to provide a lower middle class life for one adult.

HearingLife Response

We heard you! In 2022, our Total Rewards is one our Key Business Priorities, and many of the concerns you expressed in your feedback will have a critical seat at the table as we look for ways to improve our People Programs for current and future Team Members. Thank you!

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Run 🏃‍♂️ I'd give a -0 if possible!!

Nov 1, 2021 - PCC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The patients is all I can think of.

Cons

Raises are non existentant. No room for growth. Insurance rates through the roof. Constant changes almost daily. Constant issues with their systems. IT has no clue what is going on. Management is horrible. No bonuses for any holidays, but yet they'll give out $20 gift cards for ppl to come in to get their hearing tested. Such a waste of time. All about sales and money. This company doesn't care about you personally unless you're a money making clinic. When your boss is close with your provider who is a used car salesman and lazy, they won't listen as long as money is coming in. PCC's do nearly everything in the clinic, but yet the spoiled and entitled specialists get the rewards. I also wasn't hired to be a telemarketer. Getting yelled at by patients is a plus daily after the reject telemarketing team calls these poor ppl over and over daily/weekly. Not enough pay for the mental mind games and work.

HearingLife Response

Thank you for your feedback. We heard you! In 2022, many of the items you mentioned will have a critical seat at the table as we continue to improve on our People Programs and operational excellence to make working for HearingLife not only the best decision but the easiest one. If you have any additional feedback to share, please feel free to email us at HR@hearinglife.com.

5. 3.0

Improving

Nov 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The current management will bend over backwards to help you improve at your position, as long as they see you're giving your best. The culture within teams is fantastic, and employees are the most supportive I've seen in any position I've worked. The company matches 50% on the first 3% of the employee's pay on their 401k plan.

Cons

Until 2020, there were no annual raises for inbound or outbound schedulers, with the attitude that if you want more, just book more appointments. They have started annual raises, although the amounts still could be better for the amount of work we do.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Don't!

Nov 14, 2021 - Territory Sales Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is the only pro.

Cons

Weak leadership at the highest levels. Slow to change or even consider it. Tendency towards micro managing. Unrealistic budget expectations. Tendency to look the other way when senior leadership allows misconduct including fraud. Rampant nepotism. Zero accountability in many departments. Zero diversity in leadership.

HearingLife Response

Thank you for your feedback. We would appreciate an opportunity to connect with you to discuss your concerns further. Please email hr@hearinglife.com so we can continue this important dialogue.

7. 5.0

Great Place To Work

Aug 16, 2021 - Licensed Hearing Instrument Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company in general is extremely big on providing the best patient experience and even though this is partly a sales position, it doesn't feel that way because we put the patients and their needs first. The company is big on educating patients about hearing health, they promote that in every way, on many different social platforms. I also love that the company allows us to sell all of the manufacturers and doesn't limit us like all of our competitors who have to stick to one to three brands. We have everything the patient needs including hearing aids within their budgets. We are and were never low on PPE during the pandemic which I am grateful for, and we have the ability to order the supplies we need for all of our consults, custom products, etc. I like the flexibility in vendors.

Cons

The company does not offer any raises unfortunately so even though the cost of living in the state goes up, the salary remains the same year after year which is stressful. The only way to change that is to rely on making more commission by selling more hearing aids but with sales always comes good and bad days/months. The marketing material is extremely repetitive and we often find ourselves looking for new clientele on our own which sometimes is very frustrating when we are aiming to exceed our monthly revenue goals. The Cigna insurance premiums are so expensive and I have the absolute worst coverage with such a high deductible. The coverage is so bad that I dread ever having to go to the doctor because of the bills it leaves me with when I see any type of specialist. Lastly, there is a revolving door with receptionists, aka PCC's. I wish they would pay them more because they really do a lot of work and basically run the entire office. Because of their low salaries, we often find ourselves in positions where we are alone without a PCC because they quit or get fired.

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Patient care Coordinator

Nov 8, 2021 - Patient Care Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great location, great work environment

Cons

Pay could be more per hour

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Position was not what they said it would be

Nov 17, 2021 - Licensed Hearing Instrument Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

I liked working with my colleagues

Cons

Never made the money they said I would even following their "Sales Script" Verbatim.

10. 3.0

Corporate Focused

Oct 5, 2021 - Hearing Instrument Specialist in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They give you all the tools they need to help you help others. Offering best tech and service for patients. Difficult to get fired.

Cons

Poor management. Corporate is up your tail about anything. Micromanaging small things. They hire people who SHOULDN'T be working with the hearing impaired.

HearingLife Response

We strongly encourage all Team Members who are experiencing challenges with their leaders to reach out to the HR Team or Senior Leadership for help working through the situation. The HR team would welcome the opportunity to connect with you to better understand your particular situation. Please provide us with your email and contact number at hr@hearinglife.com to continue the dialogue.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 235 Reviews