KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 220 of over 225 reviews

3.4
HearingLife President Dean Pappous
Dean Pappous
Pros
  • "Great helping people hear sounds they have not in a long time(in 8 reviews)

• "people hear better(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Worst part is there is a palatable riff between upper management and lower making it awkward most of the time(in 10 reviews)

• "Let's face it Dean, no one is in the market for overpriced hearing aids right now(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of HearingLife and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place To Work

Aug 16, 2021 - Licensed Hearing Instrument Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company in general is extremely big on providing the best patient experience and even though this is partly a sales position, it doesn't feel that way because we put the patients and their needs first. The company is big on educating patients about hearing health, they promote that in every way, on many different social platforms. I also love that the company allows us to sell all of the manufacturers and doesn't limit us like all of our competitors who have to stick to one to three brands. We have everything the patient needs including hearing aids within their budgets. We are and were never low on PPE during the pandemic which I am grateful for, and we have the ability to order the supplies we need for all of our consults, custom products, etc. I like the flexibility in vendors.

Cons

The company does not offer any raises unfortunately so even though the cost of living in the state goes up, the salary remains the same year after year which is stressful. The only way to change that is to rely on making more commission by selling more hearing aids but with sales always comes good and bad days/months. The marketing material is extremely repetitive and we often find ourselves looking for new clientele on our own which sometimes is very frustrating when we are aiming to exceed our monthly revenue goals. The Cigna insurance premiums are so expensive and I have the absolute worst coverage with such a high deductible. The coverage is so bad that I dread ever having to go to the doctor because of the bills it leaves me with when I see any type of specialist. Lastly, there is a revolving door with receptionists, aka PCC's. I wish they would pay them more because they really do a lot of work and basically run the entire office. Because of their low salaries, we often find ourselves in positions where we are alone without a PCC because they quit or get fired.

2. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Unstable

Sep 14, 2021 - District Manager in Norfolk, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is good and friendly.

Cons

Lots of Turnover and Middle Managers managed based upon emotion and draw incorrect conclusions due to the lack of time spent in the field.

HearingLife Response

Thank you for your feedback. HearingLife strives to hire the best people with expertise that aligns with our company values and commitment to patient care. HearingLife has extensive onboarding and training programs for all field leaders and clinic Team Members. As part of the HearingLife values, all levels of leadership at HearingLife welcome and encourage transparent feedback. When a Team Member has challenges with their leader, they are encouraged to reach out to HR or Senior Leadership to help work through the situation. The HR team would welcome the opportunity to connect to understand your particular situation and how HearingLife can improve. Please provide us your email and contact number at hr@hearinglife.com to continue the dialogue.

3. Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals
    4. 2.0
      Former Employee

meh

Sep 1, 2021 - PCC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Monday through Friday schedule, DM is caring

Cons

The clinic team atmosphere is very controlling (ie. some come off as their salary is bigger than yours, so they feel like they are over you.) The company seems like they have no idea what they are doing and "making it up as they go". which causes a lot of changes and updates that arent always communicated properly. No raises No growth opportunities

HearingLife Response

Thank you for your feedback. Each Team Member at HearingLife plays an important role in achieving our Vision to help more people hear better. If we are unable to work together due to a precevied hieracrhy of importance, our Team Member and Patient Experience will suffer. The HR team would welcome the opportunity to connect to understand your particular situation and how HearingLife can improve. Please contact us at HR@hearinglife.com to continue this conversation.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Horrible management

Sep 2, 2021 - PCC in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great PTO Great patient relationship

Cons

Mean girl Management Push sales no matter the patients needs Management that will talk about you to all other employees and turn around and talk about others to you . There have been multiple complaints to HR and Corp has done nothing because sales are always up .

2 people found this review helpful

HearingLife Response

As part of the HearingLife values, all levels of leadership at HearingLife welcome and encourage transparent feedback. When team members have challenges with their leaders, they are encouraged to reach out to HR or Senior Leadership to help work through the situation. The HR team would welcome the opportunity to connect to understand your particular situation and how HearingLife can improve. Please provide us your email and contact number at hr@hearinglife.com to continue the dialogue.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Horrible management

Sep 11, 2021 - PCC
      Business Outlook

Pros

The patients were awesome to work with

Cons

Money driven environment that has nothing to do with helping people hear better. Making calls and selling is the only priority. Management is harsh and unsupportive

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Decent Company

Aug 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working from home is nice

Cons

System for merit increase could use some improvement

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Ok

Sep 8, 2021 - Hearing Instrument Specialist in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The base salary was ok.

Cons

Management was a mess at the time I was with them.

HearingLife Response

Thank you for your feedback. HearingLife strives to hire the best people with expertise that align with our company values and commitment to patient care. HearingLife has extensive onboarding and training programs for all field leaders and clinic team members. As part of the HearingLife values, all levels of leadership at HearingLife welcome and encourage transparent feedback. When a team member has a challenge with their leader, they are encouraged to reach out to HR or Senior Leadership to help work through the situation. The HR team would welcome the opportunity to connect to understand your particular situation and how HearingLife can improve. Please provide us your email and contact number at hr@hearinglife.com to continue the dialogue.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work and grow!

Jul 12, 2021 - Senior Director, Integrated Marketing in Somerset, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competent leadership team who invests in their team members Growing organization with many opportunities Great place to work cross functionally and learn about all facets of the business

Cons

The organization is growing at a demanding rate, so there are some immature processes and systems.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good place to work

Jul 22, 2021 - Patient Care Coordinator in Auburn, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very good management. They guide you well and are responsive. The let you be in charge of your job, don’t micromanage.

Cons

No pay raised and expect a lot of work for little pay.

11. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Very happy to work for HearingLife!

Jul 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management really cares for their employees and is passionate about helping more people hear better. Great culture and made me feel welcomed immediately.

Cons

Health benefits are expensive but that seems to be the case with most employers.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 220 Reviews