Heart2Heart Farms Reviews | Glassdoor

Heart2Heart Farms Reviews

Found 7 reviews

3.7
  1. "Barter work for Heart 2 Heart Farms"

I have been working at Heart2Heart Farms

Pros

I've enjoyed every interaction with the folks at Heart 2 Heart Farms. They have treated me more than fairly with my bartered services. They've made me feel like a valuable member of their community.

Cons

I wish I lived a little closer.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Heart2Heart Farms2015-03-14
    • "This is not a farm"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sherwood, OR

I worked at Heart2Heart Farms full-time

Pros

None. The owners have zero management skills and no idea how a farm should be organized.

Cons

This is the most disgusting farm I've ever visited. The animals are kept in below standard living situations. Their interns live in disgusting, rodent and pest infested areas without adequate facilities. The only way this place survives is because the non-profit itself is an all around welfare recipient that asks, "What can you do for me? What can I get for free? How can I exploit the situation and the people involved?"...

Heart2Heart Farms2019-01-18

"GREAT PLACE TO WORK"

Current Employee - Farm Manager in Sherwood, OR

I have been working at Heart2Heart Farms part-time for more than a year

Pros

I am thankful every day that I get to work for a place that values giving, compassion and taking care of others. I have found that working for the farm is working for a purpose and passion, not just a job.

Cons

We are busy! Work is constant, but that's not such a bad thing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Don't give up. We are working for good things for a long time to come!

"Great Farm to work at"

Current Employee - Calf Management in Sherwood, OR

I have been working at Heart2Heart Farms full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

An excellent place to learn new skills related to permaculture and farming self sufficiency . The owner IS fair and HAS lived up to every agreement I have made with him in the past. This can be hard work, IT IS A FARM not a day care center. Most people that have come to help out here come back again and again. Great food for trade if you need good eats to take home for a little labor, this is your answer!

Cons

The owner is a very busy man and can be hard to track down for help with tasks but I manage to figure things out for myself.

Advice to Management

Be more accessible sometimes

"A beautiful cause"

I have been working at Heart2Heart Farms

Pros

I love working and volunteering with Heart2Heart Farms. It's a wonderful chance for me to be outside, hold and care for animals (therapy!) and meet so many wonderful people from all walks of life.

Cons

It is a WORKING farm, so it can be busy and stinky, but hey, people should expect that. Farms that are quiet and smell like roses aren't working farms.

Advice to Management

Not so many projects at one time, but other than that, great work!

Heart2Heart Farms2014-06-06
      • "Very hard work for not much cash, but amazing environment, wonderful people, & incredible mission and cause."

Current Employee - Farm Hand in Sherwood, OR

I have been working at Heart2Heart Farms

Pros

The people here are like family, always welcoming, super flexible, fun-loving, and caring. There are opportunities to make a difference and get experience with animals, building, gardening, permaculture, aquaponics, and so many other areas. The experience and community alone is worth it!

Cons

The owners are incredibly busy, so you have to be self-sufficient and able to work well independently. Also, because they work with all sorts of people in need and give almost anyone a shot, some of the other "workers" have lots of room for improvement.

Advice to Management

Communicate expectations clearly, put everything in writing, and get rid of some of the "dead weight"...you can't help everyone.

Heart2Heart Farms2014-06-05
      • "Slave Labor and poor working conditions."

Former Employee - Labor in Sherwood, OR

I worked at Heart2Heart Farms for more than a year

Pros

Had a chance to meet some nice visitors. Neighbors are all friendly.

Cons

Paid $2.50/hr for hard labor. Never paid on time. Owners always try to get out of paying their bills. They will tell you about work that needs to be completed, then change what they said half way through the job. If you don't agree, you can quit without any compensation or do twice the work originally agreed.

Advice to Management

Get back into Life Insurance.

Heart2Heart Farms2013-12-31