Hearth & Home Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 66 reviews

4.5
Hearth & Home Technologies CEO VP (Vincent Paul) Berger
VP (Vincent Paul) Berger
Pros
  • "Excellent products, great people, cash and deferred profit sharing and generous PTO(in 8 reviews)

• "The harder tasks for a company to accomplish is making someone feel welcome long after the first few days and HHT definitely has make me feel welcome(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "If the housing market goes under again, HHT will be hit for sure(in 4 reviews)

• "Work life balance can be tough in the fall during the busy season(in 3 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - EHS Engineer in Lake City, MN

I have been working at Hearth & Home Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love that they are always working to improve. HHT has is open to hear every idea to improve and let members from the newest to longest standing each provide input for improvement.

Cons

May not be a great fit for someone who does not like change.

Hearth & Home Technologies2019-07-25

July 29, 2019Internal Communications

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. As the leaders of the Hearth Industry, we are never satisfied and always looking for ways to improve, so it’s great to hear that as a new member you recognize it as part of our culture and feel empowered to share improvement ideas.

2. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Buyer in Lake City, MN

Pros

PTO, work/life balance, profit sharing, flexible hours

Cons

must work for 1 year before you receive profit sharing.

Advice to Management

None

Hearth & Home Technologies2019-07-18

July 29, 2019Internal Communications

Thanks for leaving us a review. It’s great to hear you are enjoying HHT’s benefits and the work-life balance. We continually survey our members to get feedback on employment at HHT to make we meet members’ expectations or take action to make improvements.

3. "Not a bad place!"

Current Employee - Production Technician I in Lake City, MN

Pros

Depending on the lines, supervisors, leads, and utilities do the best make sure work is easygoing and stress free as possible so your job is more inviting, pay is decent, benefits are nice, and PTO is awesome!

Cons

Communication amongst management to employees, and knowledge of the job seriously lack in some parts of the building, making it hard to respect people that you are asked to respect; however while you do what you are asked, they are not following the same path.

Advice to Management

Know the job, the line, and your people and you will receive more respect.

Hearth & Home Technologies2019-07-31
  4. "If you liked high school, this place is for you"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeville, MN

Pros

Profit sharing, events, helping the community

Cons

Cliquey, training is showing you something once and then you should be a pro, incomplete training dont show you everything, tattle tailing, women are horrible and no one gets along, boss yells at you in front of everyone, hr is a joke!

Advice to Management

Train managers to properly train employees and not to be condescending or discipline publicly.

Hearth & Home Technologies2019-08-16
  5. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - CDL Spotter in Mount Pleasant, IA

I have been working at Hearth & Home Technologies full-time

Pros

I have really enjoyed my employment with Hearth & Home. Everyone is great to work with and are always willing to answer any questions I might have.

Cons

I have no cons at this time.

Hearth & Home Technologies2019-06-04
  6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - DFOS

Pros

Management, opportunities, team like environment

Cons

Some days can be pretty long

Hearth & Home Technologies2019-05-20

May 29, 2019Internal Communications

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We believe HHT is a special place where our members can grow their careers alongside a supportive team and it’s great to hear that your experience so far matches up to those expectations.

7. "Great company"

Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Hearth & Home Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good salary and benefits, treat employees very fair.

Cons

Work life balance can be tough in the fall during the busy season

Hearth & Home Technologies2019-05-20

May 29, 2019Internal Communications

Thank you for your review. It’s always valuable for us to hear what our members value about working at HHT and where we can improve. We have noted your feedback about work life balance and please also communicate this to your manager so they can take action to provide solutions. Thanks ...

"decent"

Current Employee - Material Handler in Mount Pleasant, IA

Pros

good hours, good training, good program.

Cons

lack of pay, no profit share till one year.

Advice to Management

90 day raise, more start pay. opportunity for more hours.

Hearth & Home Technologies2019-05-14

May 16, 2019Internal Communications

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad to hear that you are satisfied with your work hours and our training program. I would like to learn more about your concerns regarding pay and how we can improve. If you are comfortable reaching out, please email me ...

9. "After 90+ Days...."

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Randolph, VT

Pros

The easy answers are: pay, hours, and benefits. The harder tasks for a company to accomplish is making someone feel welcome long after the first few days and HHT definitely has make me feel welcome.

Cons

The only con is that all members are spread far and wide so you don't get to meet as many of your coworkers as you would in one place.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the individual person and not the employee.

Hearth & Home Technologies2019-04-18

April 23, 2019Internal Communications

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are happy to hear that you have felt welcomed and apart of the team long after your first week with HHT. Over the past year a team worked to improve and enhance our new member onboarding experience and it’s great to ...

10. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Salesforce Developer in Lakeville, MN

Pros

Great Company with a good work-life balance. Very talented and dedicated team members.

Cons

A little far from the cities.

Hearth & Home Technologies2019-04-17

April 18, 2019Internal Communications

Thank you for leaving us a review. We appreciate your input and are happy to read that you enjoy working with your new team members and the work-life balance. We understand that the commute South from the cities is a little far but we believe our culture and benefits package make ...

Found 66 reviews