Heartland Business Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Heartland Business Systems Reviews

Updated May 17, 2019

Found 67 reviews

3.5
Heartland Business Systems CEO Peter Helander (no image)
Peter Helander
Pros
  • "That being said it is truly a great place to grow your career(in 5 reviews)

• "HBS has come a long way since I started 3 years ago(in 4 reviews)

1. "Fun and Challenging"

I have been working at Heartland Business Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Heartland has a great group of employees. The company is growing in a good direction and improving processes. Hard work is encouraged and rewarded.

Cons

The environment is fast-paced and ever-changing, which can be challenging for some. It's all about mindset and the effort you're willing to put in.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Continue to value employee feedback and work through the small challenges as a team.

Heartland Business Systems2019-01-25
  2. "Lacking in Areas"

I worked at Heartland Business Systems full-time

Pros

Many good coworkers with ambitions

Cons

Poor mid and upper management Poor on-boarding While it is noted as a focus, work/life balance is non-existent in areas

Advice to Management

Look at why so many leave and purge poor managers

Heartland Business Systems2019-05-17
  3. "Hard work is rewarded at Heartland"

Current Employee - Sales in Little Chute, WI

I have been working at Heartland Business Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

As a salesperson- you are able to work hard and be rewarded for it. Great support staff - awesome engineers and development teams

Cons

If you are not self- motivated- you will struggle. You need to work here.

Advice to Management

Keep on holding people accountable - really on the right track!

Heartland Business Systems2019-04-09
  4. "It has its pluss amnd minuses"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Little Chute, WI

I have been working at Heartland Business Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some good business Professional work here Friendly atmosphere

Cons

Like all consulting, only care about how much you produce benefits sub par

Advice to Management

none

Heartland Business Systems2019-04-16
  5. "Grow Together"

Pros

Throughout my time at Heartland I have seen the organization grow in many great ways. Yes there have been ups and downs just like any company. However in all honesty I would say this organization is moving in the right direction and the leadership wants all of us to succeed and bring great solutions to our customers. Each person who has written a review on Glassdoor has had a different experience and some may have... been unfortunate, through those situations Heartland has grown. That being said it is truly a great place to grow your career.

Cons

Despite the positive growth we have changes that still need to be made. Certain processes are slow to the take and there are lengthy and unnecessary internal policies.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employee feed back and create appropriate changes.

Heartland Business Systems2019-01-02

"Just turn and run...don’t walk away"

I worked at Heartland Business Systems full-time

Pros

There really are no good reasons to work for Heart-less. If I had to come up with one...I met some cool people and the food trucks were good.

Cons

Horrible leadership. There are a couple of exceptions to this but not many. There are no updated processes. For a technology company their employee technology is lacking. You also should not have a CEO out selling and trying to delegate the company operations to the inept management on board. Moral is low. Actually nonexistent. Everyone fakes being happy to keep the CEO from firing on the spot. But if you really... talk to people...they aren’t so “engaged.” Notice how there were many “glowing reviews” over the past few weeks but no reviews since like May? Nice to plant fake reviews. Just run away.

Advice to Management

Don’t just talk about engaging employees. Actually engage employees.

Heartland Business Systems2018-12-19

"Great group of people"

Current Employee - General Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

The talent at Heartland is amazing, working with the Sales and Engineering teams has been a real pleasure.

Cons

Heartland has so many resources it can be challenging navigating to the right resource.

Heartland Business Systems2018-11-07

"Happy to have found Heartland!"

Pros

Each day I come to work on interesting projects with incredibly smart, interesting people around me. I get energy from the exchange of ideas , the support of the team, and the genuine drive to do great work!

Cons

Each customer needs to feel like your top priority, even when they aren't. It takes practice to gracefully juggle it all!

Heartland Business Systems2018-11-06

"Notice that all the latest reviews are posted in 3 weeks and all glowing, fabricated!"

I worked at Heartland Business Systems full-time

Pros

Interesting that they have 11 recent reviews in less than a month and most are glowing. That is why I am posting my review to warn those that are reading the glowing and fabricated reviews.

Cons

Worked 60+ hours a week, no recognition, forced to study and take certifications while working 60+ hours a week, the owner, Peter Helander, is egotistical and will go off the handle and insult people in meetings. He fires people at will.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect and reward them for making you so much money!

Heartland Business Systems2018-12-11
  10. "Always improving..."

Pros

Some of the most talented IT Professionals I've ever worked with! The talent HBS has is incredible. Sales, Support & Engineering resources care about each other and most importantly we care about our customers - whatever it takes approach.

Cons

HBS isn't perfect, we realize what we need to get better at & we work at it every day. I feel so much positive energy going toward making this the best place to work & do business with. I wouldn't bet against us.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in fun

Heartland Business Systems2018-11-06