KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Heartland Dental offers great benefits and hours and are always willing to go the extra mile to be sure you are supported and appreciated!(in 100 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with and commitment to personal and professional growth(in 56 reviews)
  • "Great Training and job experience(in 52 reviews)
  • "They have great doctors and team members(in 38 reviews)
  • "Great culture and ideology.(in 35 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Heartland Dental and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years
    Featured Review

Great Place to Work

Jan 7, 2022 - Regional Manager of Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked for private practice and other DSO's, but this place takes the cake. I've been with the company almost 10 years and still love what I do. The opportunity to grow is continual and the culture is outstanding. I'm not saying all 10 years have been easy, but the ones who made it miserable didn't last long. The company truly does care about their employees. While it's unrealistic to think you'll never get a poor manager/doctor/team member/etc., the company uses an array of resources for you to reach out if it becomes unbearable. I've been under some poor management while employed here, but most of those individuals are gone and I'm still here. It's comforting to know the company has your back and truly wants to employ NICE people. The region I'm in now is absolutely amazing and I plan on being here at least another 10 years.

Cons

We have a competitive benefits package, but I wish we had matching 401k. The doctors have a great opportunity for investment, so I'd like to see something better for the individuals who've been here awhile and want to stay.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

May 23, 2022 - Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

size of company, education opportunity

Cons

size of company, not as competitive pay

3. 2.0

Employment

May 19, 2022 - IT Operations/Support Analyst in Effingham, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most the internal employees in the Heartland IT department are very nice to work with. You do get 401K, dental, vision, health insurance, and PTO.

Cons

There is no 401K matching by company, and health insurance premiums are high. You only get the major holidays off with pay. You don't get PTO, until after 1 year of employment unlike when I started 7 years ago. You are stuck with 3 weeks vacation after 7 years. IT department had to have a come to jesus moment in order to get employees promoted. You aren't encouraged to take IT certifications as company will not pay for them. People won't stay with Heartland, because benefits and pay are better elsewhere. Average IT Support pay is $51,214 and you won't get that here. Also, it has been rumored that all of Heartland management will encourage you to take vacation just so they can fire you and not pay out anything.

4. 3.0

It’s fair

Mar 27, 2022 - Registered Dental Hygienist, RDH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity for growth Having the option to get more hours if your office is closed or short on hours. Continuing Ed

Cons

The unrealistic expectations to complete all of your tasks in a day. The limited time to take care of your patients. NPA is between 70-80 min (with cleaning) most all other appointments are 40-50 min. On top of running all day, barely getting a potty break or lunch break, at the end of the day, there are still so many duties that still need to be done to prepare for the next day. But they don’t want you on the clock too long after the last patient leaves. We’re usually short staffed, so if you’re a caring person, you stay to help the DAs, BAs, do your own chores or else get scolded about that. Work life balance is a joke. The turnover is very high Very little support from an upper management standpoint

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A Decent Position

Feb 15, 2022 - Business Assistant in Brooksville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

A breath of fresh air compared to the organization and environment I came from. Overall, Heartland Dental is a great company and a pleasure to work for. The Business Assistant position is good for both beginning and seasoned professionals who have interest in running the front office of a dental facility. You will: schedule, answer phones, disperse mail and messages, insurance aging, insurance verification, collection protocol including calls, clean, go over treatment plans, etc. While this position can be rewarding there is not much room for advancement (or a raise) unless you chug along the corporate ladder to become management.

Cons

-During the interview process consider asking about the office's production/ ability to keep a full schedule. If you find yourself in an underperforming office chances are you will be sent home early multiple times a week. I had to leave due to my average hours not being financially feasible. -I have seen pure, hard working talent (that also trained me, was employed 3x longer and ran the office by themself) get passed up for management due to not having a Bachelor's. Otherwise they were perfectly qualified and worked circles around others. I believe they have been considered since but they had to wait and fight extraordinarily longer. - I wish the insurance had better coverage for $120/month & high deductibles. -There are annoyances that come with a corporation (very limited raises, no bonuses, no overtime, pesky online trainings, sometimes too many team building exercises that MAKE YOU TRAVEL with no regard to your personal time- this is an office by office basis, etc).

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great sense of community and support, opportunities for growth

May 21, 2022 - Registered Dental Hygienist in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive benefits that you won’t get at many private dental offices Opportunities for growth/transfer within the company if you move All CEs paid for Bonus structured in a way that keeps things ethical but promotes going above and beyond for patients

Cons

No maternity leave pay No 401K matching for most positions

7. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Unethical, no comparison to homegrown private practice

May 21, 2022 - Dental Hygienist RDH in Windermere, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sign on bonuses. Moderate initial hourly rate.

Cons

Spore test for autoclave has not been tested for 3 months and running because of short staffing, OSHA standards are not upheld, managers at all levels prioritize money and production based on a one-size-fits-all approach to treatment planning despite employee concerns about patient safety and quality of care, raises must be fought for, longer tenured employees offered promotions despite poor candidacy to avoid paying for proper talent, mentoring is a phrase used in the company meant to teacher providers to sell and add more items to a treatment plan,

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Practice Manager

May 23, 2022 - Practice Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment Promotion opportunities Travel opportunities Multiple job choices Support from upper management

Cons

Work life balance can be hard

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Decent

Apr 28, 2022 - Dental Hygienist in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Health Insurance Different Locations Great learning platforms

Cons

High pressure to up sell. Poor management - both upper and lower. Over worked and under paid. Problems never get solved just swept under the rug. Too many meetings- 1x week mandatory team meetings are a joke. Nothing comes out of them.

10. 5.0