Heartland Dental Reviews

Updated May 27, 2020

4.0
Pros
  • "We get great benefits, awesome continuing education courses all over the U(in 67 reviews)

• "When my doctor partnered with Heartland I left 3 days in and did not even give it a chance(in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • "Free dental services for you and your dependents is limited to what YOUR dentist can do(in 43 reviews)

• "Alot of spiteful people in upper management(in 41 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Heartland Made Me a Believer"

Current Employee - Practice Manager of Operations in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for less than a year

Pros

After working 10+ years in private practice, I made the switch. The structure and support that Heartland Dental offers its doctors, managers, administrators and clinical team are just outstanding. They provide everything so the doctor(s) can focus on providing the best dentistry possible and the team can stay motivated and enjoy work - and honestly, it shows to our patients. The pay and benefits are good, the company-wide incentives are fun and motivating, and the strong focus on patient care is apparent in every facet of the company. I would strongly recommend a career with Heartland Dental, it's more than just a job - it's being given an opportunity to function at a higher level and who doesn't want to go home at night knowing you're making a real difference?

Cons

I honestly haven't come across anything that the company doesn't already know about and doesn't already have people brainstorming ways for improvement. This company really listens to the needs of its employees.

Heartland Dental2020-01-13

January 15, 2020HR

Wow! Thank you for sharing your career journey with us. It makes us proud to see people living their dreams with our company. We know that your hard work, dedication and positive attitude led to your success and growth. We also appreciate your kind comments. You are a great asset to the Heartland Dental family, and we are confident you will continue to achieve your goals!

2. "Best of Both Worlds"

Current Employee - Practice Manager of Operations in Harrisonburg, VA

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

After 10 years in private practice, the office I worked for affiliated with Heartland Dental. Heartland gives you the feel of a private practice by keeping the local branding of your doctor, but with the support of a large corporate office. The systems really work! Every step of a patient's visit has been well thought out and there is a system (and an acronym) for it. This makes training new hires so much easier and more consistent. The support during COVID-19 was absolutely amazing and I'm grateful we were not navigating it alone. Heartland values personal and professional growth while focusing hard on leadership and communication skills. When you work for Heartland, you become a better person.

Cons

Flexibility with salaries is almost non-existent. Pay increases are smaller than private practice (averaging only 1-3% per year), but they are more consistent - meaning you actually get one annually.

Heartland Dental2020-05-15
  3. "Could Be Worse"

Current Employee - Business Assistant

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time

Pros

Opportunities for advancement, decent pay

Cons

Workload, sales pressure, excessive focus on revenue

Heartland Dental2020-05-27
  4. "Be careful"

2.0
    Former Employee - Dental Hygienist in Miami, FL

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay Good hours You can build your own schedule

Cons

Terrible management Forced to sell Once again TERRIBLE management

Heartland Dental2020-05-24
  5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Dentist in Palm Harbor, FL

I have been working at Heartland Dental part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

HD has exceeded my expectations.I affiliated 3 1/2 yrs ago and I am so glad I did.During this pandemic HD has done so many things to keep us informed, involved,and safe. The corporate culture is all about helping our offices thrive and do the things we know are best for our patients, our team and ourselves..They encourage the Drs to be the leaders and do their best to support us.Most of the people that I have met thru HD have been extremely nice, caring,committed and honest.

Cons

If you want to purchase an expensive item such as a cerec,a CBCT,etc you need to get approval.

Heartland Dental2020-05-04

May 19, 2020HR

Thanks for your feedback! We're happy to hear you're enjoying Heartland Dental's support and realize your potential to grow with us. We're continuing to find ways to improve, so we appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us, so we know we're on the right track. These are challenging times, but we know we'll get through them together and come out stronger on the other side. Thank you for your contributions and for being part of the Heartland Dental family!

6. "Nice job"

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good CE for all employees there. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

Cons

Uneducated regional managers oversee your work. Was disturbing.

Heartland Dental2020-05-02

May 19, 2020HR

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the access to continuing education opportunities while working with us. We're also sorry to hear about the issues you had with upper management. We read all these reviews in an effort to improve our support. If you'd like to discuss the situation further, please reach out to us at feedback@heartland.com.

7. "Great company to start"

Current Employee - Business Office Assistant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than a year

Pros

I work in a field office as a business assistant and have for the past year and a half and I absolutely love my practice. My leadership team is easy to communicate with, makes decision I agree are best for the team, and everyone gets along so well. We’ve had very little turnover and our office operates at the highest level because of it! Every heartland office is different but I’m so glad I got the job where I did. Working in corporate dentistry has also proven to be a blessing amid corona virus and having a large network to lean on in times of uncertainty

Cons

Only con is that someone push from home office for more production can be stressful

Heartland Dental2020-04-24

May 4, 2020HR

Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear that you are experiencing personal and professional growth as a Heartland Dental supported team member. We're confident the skills and training you receive will provide you with even more opportunities to grow. We also appreciate your comments regarding compensation. We're constantly looking at ways to improve our benefits package, and your feedback helps us know where we can do better. Thank you for being a valuable part of our Heartland Dental family!

8. "Stay away if you dont want be driven crazy by seeing too many patients at once !!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Dentist

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great CE courses, great benefits.

Cons

Poor support from office manager. Regional and territory manager there to support the office manager , not the doctor! They say doctor driven practice, but it's all management driven, which tries dictate treatment. Once you sign contract, you sold soul.to.devil. And threaten you with penalty if you try leave even a day early!

Heartland Dental2020-05-26
  9. "Grateful"

Current Employee - Practice Manager in Lutz, FL

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Truly a company that cares about each employee. Has outstanding educational support and growth. Always patient focused!

Cons

No cons. Work hard, be nice, care about your patients and team...all else will follow

Heartland Dental2020-04-17

April 21, 2020HR

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback! We love to hear that your experience working for Heartland Dental has been nothing but positive and that you feel supported. Thank you for being a member of our family!

"Dont work here"

1.0
    Former Employee - Dental Hygienist

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Gain experience. Other than that, nothing.

Cons

Not enough time to efficiently and effectively clean a patients mouth. They say they run as a family practice but expect so much out of you. You may do amazing one day but that doesn't matter because you are 100 dollars short of their goal for you. Production production production is all I have to say. No time to build a relationship with your patients.

Heartland Dental2020-05-23

May 26, 2020HR

We're very concerned by your feedback and take these comments seriously. We'd like to hear more from you, so we can better address the issue. Please reach out to feedback@heartland.com.

Found 946 reviews