Heartland Dental Reviews | Glassdoor

Heartland Dental President & Chief Executive Officer Pat Bauer
Pat Bauer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Practice Manager of Operations"

Current Employee - Practice Manager of Operations in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Practice Manager of Operations in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

• Great pay
    • Decent benefits
    • Amazing Work/Life Balance
    • Unlimited training opportunities
    • Room for growth

Cons

The only Con I really have is that sometimes upper management procrastinates filling an open Dentist position. This results in either the office having to pay out a large sign on bonus that comes out of the office's expenses or placing a Doctor that quite frankly isn't the best choice for the practice. Sometimes both happen.

Advice to Management

Just plan a little better on filling Dentist positions.

Mar 22, 2019 – HR

Thanks for your positive feedback! We're happy to hear you're enjoying the work/life balance, continuing education and benefits. We're continuing to find ways to improve, so we appreciate your... More

2. "Fast paced, fun, and friendly"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Effingham, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Effingham, IL

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Always new challenges, people are appreciative, management rewards hard work

Cons

Benefits structure weak, too focused on touchy-feely leadership development

Advice to Management

Improve benefits structure

Mar 5, 2019 – HR

Thanks for taking time to provide your feedback! Your comments are greatly appreciated.

3. "Great"

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time

Pros

Solid company culture, flexible schedule, 401k

Cons

Not really a lot of cons, professional, great company to work for.

Mar 5, 2019 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're happy to hear that you've enjoyed your time with Heartland Dental and your comments are greatly appreciated.

"Make Your Voice Heard"

Current Employee - Business Assistant in Gainesville, VA
    Current Employee - Business Assistant in Gainesville, VA

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am very grateful that Heartland gave me a chance with absolutely no dental experience. All the tools I needed to grow as an individual were laid out for me and the connections I've made have been amazing. There is not one person I would not help out if they asked. The amazing thing about corporate dentistry is that they CAN ask and I can help. I now have proficient skill sets in AR, insurance, scheduling and financial planning. They also built me into a leader regardless of what position I hold in whatever office I am in.

Additionally, having benefits is amazing. The growth opportunity is there though I wish there was better communication of what was open.

Cons

The communication of goals can be aggressive. This is a business and numbers are important. There is no denying that we track and we measure to better ourselves and the patient experience. The way it can be communicated can make it seem like it is just a constant push more without appreciation to the team, however. The information and message from upper to middle management should be delivered different when its middle management to team. Majority of team members have a different reason why they do what they do than numbers. Gear messages towards building each other up and celebrating patient care. Numbers are intimidating. Patient care is rewarding. The team just wants to feel appreciated. Just take a moment of the day to make sure you voice and appreciate what each individual team member is doing for the practice.

Advice to Management

If a situation is not making you happy, do not endure. Heartland is really great at recognizing hard work, validating that hard work, and finding solutions to keep good people. Growth is out there and support is out there. The only thing is that it will not find you. You have to take the initiative. If there is an opportunity to help out another office, take it. If there is an opportunity to learn something new, take it. If someone opens themselves up as a line of communication, use it. The more connections you build, the lighter everything seems. There is stress in any working environment and it is invaluable to know who you can reach out to for help. Communication is huge. Be an advocate for yourself because there is a place for you in Heartland that will make you happy.

Training is something that Heartland is constantly working to improve on and it is not quite there yet. The addition of online CE is amazing. However, there are some lessons that are better done face to face or in smaller settings with others for discussion. Leadership is not an easy role and can quickly make or break the culture of an office. It is hard to take people out of an office, but maybe have more people available to go around and teach. Once upon a time there was a BA mentor. Bring that back, please.

Feb 28, 2019 – HR

Thanks for your positive feedback! We're happy to hear you're enjoying Heartland Dental's support and realize your potential to grow with us. We're continuing to find ways to improve, so we... More

5. "Good place to work for a limited time"

Current Employee - Business Assistant
    Current Employee - Business Assistant

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent hourly pay, free treats, paid time off, health insurance

Cons

Limited hours, heavy work load

Mar 22, 2019 – HR

Thank you for taking time to write a review. Your comments are greatly appreciated, and we will use your feedback as we continue to improve.

6. "Advocate for yourself"

Former Employee - General Dentist in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - General Dentist in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sucess office dependant. Some CE is helpful

Cons

Management policy
    Poor oversight
    Profit over person focused
    Misleading recruiters/unfulfilled promises
    High staff turnover

Mar 22, 2019 – HR

Thank you for your review. It concerns us that you had a negative experience with Heartland Dental. We strive to make Heartland Dental a long-term career option for dental professionals and anyone... More

7. "heartland"

Current Employee - Business Office Associate in Islip, NY
    Current Employee - Business Office Associate in Islip, NY

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CE credits, Homeroom website for office support, medical and dental insurance

Cons

micro management, only cares about the bottom line , no raises ,

Feb 28, 2019 – HR

Thanks for your positive feedback! We are looking for opportunities to make improvements. We greatly appreciate your positive comments.

8. "Just sold to Heartland."

Current Employee - Prosthodontist in Hallandale Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Prosthodontist in Hallandale Beach, FL

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time

Pros

I just sold my private practice to Heartland. I am fifty four years old and am interested in expanding my practice with an associate and have been unsuccessful at doing so previously. I sold to Heartland in order to do less management tasks. The company specializes in expanding practices. The support staff has been excellent so far. They have taken care of any staff needs and concerns and have put them at ease. The reason I picked Heartland over the other DSO's is that they still will keep my high standards and also give me and my staff complete autonomy.

Cons

Staff concerns for the future.

Advice to Management

Staff con

Feb 28, 2019 – HR

Thanks for your positive feedback! We're happy to hear you're enjoying Heartland Dental's support. We appreciate your comments!

9. "Great company with support, room for advancement, great pay and benefits!"

Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome company with great support to help you grow professionally within your job role, opportunity for advancement, a lot of CE credits covered which include seminars and trainings all provided free to employees, competitive pay based on experience and the area you work in and good benefits. Their PTO is awesome and as a whole, this company is awesome to work for. I currently have worked full-time for them going on a year and a half and I'd be happy staying for life.

Cons

Expensive health insurance premiums (comparable to what is found for other health insurance plans with moderate coverage and medium-very high cost).

Advice to Management

Follow the principles that are provided to you by the company, and you will succeed.

Feb 28, 2019 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review! We are very glad to have you as a member of the Heartland Dental family. We appreciate your comments!

10. "Awesome"

I worked at Heartland Dental part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, great people, awesome environment

Cons

None that I can think of

Feb 21, 2019 – HR