Heartland Dental Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

Dentist

Current Employee - Dentist in North Port, FL

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great culture, they practice what they preach. I am well supported with education, training, and technology, and systems that enable me to provide world-class care to my patients. I have a healthy work-life balance that I could not achieve as a private practice owner trying. To figure it out on my own. When our practice was closed for 8days because we lost electricity when Hurricane Irma came through Florida, Heartland...

Cons

No company is perfect, but I have never belonged to one that cares so much about its employees

Advice to Management

Keep caring! Don’t ever lose sight of your mission and vision, or it will change the culture and Heartland will lose what makes it special.

March 6, 2018Manager, Talent Attraction & Employer Branding

We start every meeting at Support Office with reciting our mission and vision. Keeping it at the forefront of everything is absolutely critical, as you mentioned! We loving hearing stories from supported doctors, so thank you for sharing yours!

2. Great company to work for

Current Employee - General Dentist in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Doctor driven and friendly. Very supportive of doctors and staff. Technologically advanced with implementation of iTero scanners. Lots of available doctor education. Great situation if you are experienced and looking to not worry about the business portion anymore. Also one of the better DSO's to work for if you are new and inexperienced as there is a place for you somewhere with a mentor doctor.

Cons

Compensation could be better. Maybe tiered or elevated based on experience or levels of production/collection. 25% is average. Other places and companies can average up to 33%. No 401K matching.

Advice to Management

Consider modifying doctor compensation levels.

3. Benefits are our biggest downfall

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great leadership, growth opportunities, clear expectations, consistent feedback given, support from upper management

Cons

Family benefits packages are outrageous, 401k isn’t matched, pay isn’t as competitive as it could be, in person classes are basically obsolete

Advice to Management

Take a look at your benefits packages and compare to the current markets.

Doctor lead philosophy

Current Employee - General Dentist in Plano, TX

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than a year

Pros

The organization and training is very helpful for the doctor as well as the remaining members of the dental team. I affiliated with Heartland in Mar. 2018 and have had one of the best years I have ever had in treating patients. I am very glad to be part of Heartland. The people and support staff are great.

Cons

Like most large organizations change is slower than when I was in private practice. However, the power of the group surpasses any negatives.

January 3, 2019HR

Thank you so much for taking time to leave your feedback! We're so happy to see that you've had a positive experience at Heartland Dental.

5. Dental hygienist review

Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than a year

Pros

benefits. ce's are all provided, travel time

Cons

management can be difficult. to sales oriented

Practice Manager of Operations

Current Employee - Practice Manager of Operations in Austin, TX

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity and career growth. Leading great teams to success and continued success. Working with exceptional support teams. Leadership freedom while using company policies and standards to guide you.

Cons

Heartland strives for World Class and in my opinion will certainly get there, however, every company has to do a lot of hard work to get there and Heartland is no exception. Leadership is absolutely fundamental to the Practice and Doctors, please continue to monitor RMO level leadership. Toxic Leadership has no place in Heartland.

Advice to Management

As a new employee to Heartland I can personally say that Heartland is fantastic, such a great company. My only advice will be, Where there is smoke, there is always fire. I am so proud to work for Heartland and I really do look forward to seeing the growth.

January 3, 2019HR

Thanks for your review! We're so happy to see that you've had a positive experience at Heartland Dental. As a Practice Manage of Operations, we know that you work hard to support your office, and are grateful for all the contributions you have made. Keep up the great work!

• decent entry level position

Former Employee - Business Assistant in Orlando, FL

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great hours monday-friday, will have paid holidays off, great benefits

Cons

poor upper management, lots of turn over

• Dental assistant business assistant

Current Employee - PMO Manager in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Very good benefits all the time through the year

Cons

Meetings and travel out of town

December 21, 2018HR

Thanks for taking time to provide your feedback! Your comments are greatly appreciated.

• Corporate

Current Employee - Expanded Functions Dental Assistant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Vacation time and ability to sub at nearby offices if your office was closed

Cons

Low pay, anyone who didn’t work in the office setting daily didn’t really have a clue how the office runs or what really was the problem in the office.

• Dentist

Current Employee - Dentist

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time

Pros

Good CE. Good work-life balance

Cons

benefits and pay could be better.

January 3, 2019HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review! We appreciate your comments!

Found 713 reviews