Heartland Dental Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Heartland Dental President & Chief Executive Officer Pat Bauer
Pat Bauer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The continuing education that we are exposed is absolutely world class (in 44 reviews)

• Personal and professional growth (in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Practice Manager of Operations less than 1 year"

Current Employee - Practice Manager of Operations in Spring Hill, FL
    Current Employee - Practice Manager of Operations in Spring Hill, FL

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I’ve been with Heartland for 9 years. This company stressed the importance of lifetime patient care. It’s about doing the right thing for the patients and teams! They even paid the employees when we were closed, without power & couldn’t work during Hurricane Irma! (My husband works for a larger company than Heartland and wasn’t compensated)!! They treat their employees well, if there’s an issue that arises it is addressed in a timely manner. I am proud to say I work for Heartland Dental!

Cons

There’s cons with EVERY job you’ll ever have. The biggest complaint most people have is pay. Some also complain about management.. however, if that’s an issue they just aren’t taking it up with the proper person (Heartland does not and will not put up with anything less than great leadership!)

Advice to Management

The partnership I have with my upper management team is nothing short of awesome! Everyone works hard and strives to do the right thing. The amount of support (at least in my region) is nothing but amazing!

Feb 19, 2018 – Manager, Talent Attraction & Employer Branding

Thanks for leaving a review! I'm glad the support in your region is so well structured. Know that you are a valuable part of that!

"What a time to be employed!"

Current Employee - PMO in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - PMO in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (More than a year)

Pros

World Class Training, Positive Environment, Small company feel with benefits of large company, constant and never ending change; exponential growth

Cons

I love my job; I have nothing negative to say.

Advice to Management

Keeping doing what youre doing!

3. "Heartland Dental"

Current Employee - Practice Manager of Operations
    Current Employee - Practice Manager of Operations

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The atmosphere and culture at Heartland is second to none. On every team I've been a part of during my over 3 years with the company I've been amazed at how wonderful and willing to help everyone is. Do the right thing for the right reason,

Cons

If you're in it for the money, Heartland isn't for you. If you are in it to help team members and doctors grow so they provide exceptional care to their patients, the money will come.

Advice to Management

Online LMS is helpful, but has nowhere near the same impact as in person classes. Admin need the ability to network and continue to grow so they can build value in the practice, also can compensate for lower pay levels.

Feb 19, 2018 – Manager, Talent Attraction & Employer Branding

You nailed it with Pat's phrase, "Do the right thing for the right reason." We try hard to do that every day, and it was part of the motivation behind Education Re-engineering. We've learned a lot... More

"Commitment to be the Leader in Dentistry"

Current Employee - Lead Dentist in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Lead Dentist in Madison, WI

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity for professional and personal growth
    Opportunity to partner with administration to build a successful dental practice. Doctors are expected to lead their team. Doctor led, team driven.
    Exceptional leadership and clinical training.
    One on One mentoring available for doctors to develop their clinical skills
    Training does not end with one or a few sessions. It is ongoing, doctors travel and course fees are covered for all Heartland related training classes and with approval for many other CE opportunities.
    Free Access to premium Dental XP membership
    Ownership opportunity through stock purchase with very little risk, giving the doctor the opportunity to build substantial equity over their career.
    Quarterly profit sharing based on your own office success and monthly bonuses.
    Heartland invests in marketing each office, choosing successful locations and negotiating insurance PPO contract plans which help improve patient flow.
    The true success of the office is in leadership ability of the doctor. Leadership training, Bell Institute achiever model, meetings with Administrators who work to truly help the doctor succeed are all part of doctor support. I have been in private practice for 25 years and DSO organizations for ten years the last five+ with Heartland, there is nothing available like this in our industry.
    Early in my career I decided not to accept the status quo; to continually learn and be an exceptional leader. With Heartland not only do I have access to education and experience of others to help me improve but an administration team I partner with to hold me accountable they want me to succeed as much as myself; the end result to create exceptional patient care, patient experiences, and successful, profitable practices.
    No one is telling me to write this, it is from my experience, Heartland has treated me exceptionally well. Yes I work hard, but with much less stress when I had my own practice. Anything we do in life to obtain world class mastery requires a constant pursuit of personal and professional growth. It saddens me to read the negative reviews because from my viewpoint those doctors missed out on wonderful opportunities and helping their patients receive exceptional dental care.
     I have learned so much in the past five years even after many previous years of practice. Many new skills acquired and each year plan to always improve and learn.

A management team that desires to help the doctor be focused on patient care.

The culture of Heartland is unique, I have made so many wonderful friends, we all have intranet connection as a group when a doctor has a clinical question that is posted it is mostly a learning experience for all of us. We have doctors that have dual degree MD/DDS those who have published well known text books, lectured extensively are considered authorities in our field all this knowledge collectively creates a culture of learning and support for our doctors. Our mentors doctors will always take a phone call or email from a doctor that is struggling as a mentor we will visit offices to give one on one support, host clinical workshops and desire for all our doctors to succeed. To be successful in a Heartland Career one must have a positive, flexible mental attitude and desire to become an exceptional leader and be ethical.
     It is not expected that one will arrive to this status overnight but it is a journey of being open to learn new paradigms, ideas and self discovery.

Cons

You give up some autonomy that one may have in private practice, but in my opinion the long term rewards and opportunity out weigh the autonomy.

Advice to Management

Protect our culture as we partner with new investors to sustain our growth.
    Continue to improve benefits, wages , HSA and retirement matches as our cash flow allows. I know our management is committed to giving their employees the opportunity to do exceedingly well, creating exceptional careers. I appreciate the effort and investment Heartland makes in dental teams and administrative support personnel.

Feb 15, 2018 – HR

Wow! Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear that you've experienced personal and professional growth during your time at Heartland Dental. We're confident the skills and training you... More

5. "Career for a lifetime!"

Current Employee - Practice Manager of Operations in Highland Village, TX
    Current Employee - Practice Manager of Operations in Highland Village, TX

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome work relationships, excellent customer service, everything is based off our core values, no two days are the same, great partnerships, excellent support and appreciation, personal development and professional growth, many opportunities within the company, and very understanding.

Cons

If you do not like change and you are not willing to accept that you will fail forward this is not a job for you.

Feb 15, 2018 – HR

Thank you for your feedback! We are so glad to hear that you see Heartland Dental as a career for a lifetime. As a PMO, we know that you work hard to support your office, and are grateful for all... More

6. "Heartland Dental is NOT Corporate Dentistry..."

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Heartland Dental is not corporate dentistry. It has a bad reputation to some as being "Corporate" ---however, each office is very independent, but when you need support, home office is there for you! Yes, the company has goals and some people take those goals the wrong way...we are doing everything for the right reason! However, each office is a business, you should want to hit your goals and BONUS!

Cons

It would be nice to have more paid time off!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and supporting your team! Training is key!

Feb 19, 2018 – Manager, Talent Attraction & Employer Branding

Thank you so much for your review! It's only long-term, amazing team members like yourself that keep us motivated to continue to do the right thing for the right reason. We're continuing to implement... More

7. "Amazing organisation committed to the success of all employees"

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Investments made in all employees. Classes and guidance are provided to allow mastery of one's skillset resulting in a "Best of Class workforce". A true team environment and work/life balance motto.

Cons

While compensation is great - there is room for improvement.

Feb 15, 2018 – HR

We believe one of our biggest assets is our people, so thank you for being a dedicated member of our Heartland Dental network. There is always room for improvements, and we're always looking for ways... More

8. "Great company"

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great culture! People care about each other
    Hires and works with great dentists
    each office is different and has their own personality:)

Cons

of course, the company is not perfect, but I think the executive team truly works hard to think of everything and make positive impacts for the betterment of the employees (doctors and teams) AND creating a successful company

Advice to Management

Keep it up:)

9. "DSO"

Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It’s nice to have a job with benefits, however they do not match any contributions.

Cons

It’s all about the money, they take a family type setting and change it. There is travel involved too.

Advice to Management

Stop treating the office like a bargain bazaar!!

10. "Opportunity to grow."

Current Employee - Business Assistant in Warner Robins, GA
    Current Employee - Business Assistant in Warner Robins, GA

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Heartland is honestly the best company you could work for. I have working for heartland for a year now. I’m 20 years old and have learned so much in a year, not even about dentistry but about myself. Heartland give you so much opportunity to grow. They offer communications class (mandatory for your office) and online classes. It’s such a great opportunity.

Cons

Don’t have anything for a con. People say the cons are about the numbers but i would have to disagree the doctors signed a contract and know what they’re supposed to produce it’s an expectation just like every other job title has one. So no cons for me. I love my job and I’m so thankful for heartland and the opportunity’s they have to offer.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. Rmos are always down for thrive. CA’s always answer emails when help is needed.

Feb 15, 2018 – HR

Thank you for your feedback! We believe one of our biggest assets is our people, so thank you for being a dedicated member of our Heartland Dental network. We greatly appreciate your positive... More