Heartland Dental Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Heartland Dental President & Chief Executive Officer Pat Bauer
Pat Bauer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good opportunity for growth I started 16 years ago at an entry level position" (in 26 reviews)

• "Continuing education & interaction with peers is top notch" (in 56 reviews)

Cons
  • "work/life balance can sometimes be hard to achieve" (in 18 reviews)

• "The main reason they are doing this is because of the numbers first approach of upper management" (in 33 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Dentist"

Current Employee - Dentist in North Port, FL
    Current Employee - Dentist in North Port, FL

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, they practice what they preach. I am well supported with education, training, and technology, and systems that enable me to provide world-class care to my patients. I have a healthy work-life balance that I could not achieve as a private practice owner trying. To figure it out on my own. When our practice was closed for 8days because we lost electricity when Hurricane Irma came through Florida, Heartland payed myself and my team members, even though the practice wasn’t open.

Cons

No company is perfect, but I have never belonged to one that cares so much about its employees

Advice to Management

Keep caring! Don’t ever lose sight of your mission and vision, or it will change the culture and Heartland will lose what makes it special.

Mar 6, 2018 – Manager, Talent Attraction & Employer Branding

We start every meeting at Support Office with reciting our mission and vision. Keeping it at the forefront of everything is absolutely critical, as you mentioned! We loving hearing stories from... More

2. "Dental hygienist"

I have been working at Heartland Dental part-time

Pros

Great working environment. Great staff

Cons

Long hours. Difficult patients. Weekend hours

Nov 13, 2018 – HR

Thanks for taking time to provide your feedback! Your comments are greatly appreciated.

"Doctors are Unaccountable"

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time

Pros

Psychology based systems that encourage healthy relationships to lead to successful teams.

Cons

Doctors are not held accountable like team members. They are not required to follow systems like team members are, such as "respecting disc style" or using 13 dots to keep appointments consistent. They are regarded as an asset, and do not get reprimanded for not following rules.

Advice to Management

Allowing doctors to treat team members any way they choose without facing consequences will only continue trends of employee turn over. Being doctor led does not have to mean doctor dominated. Team members are just as important to production as doctors are.

Nov 7, 2018 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Heartland Dental. We strive to make Heartland Dental a long-term career option for dental professionals and anyone interested in the dental... More

4. "Dental Assistant"

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for, they are always giving incentives for meeting your goals and the staff are super nice. Their moto is you have to be nice to work here.

Cons

Company does not recognize the Dental assistants as much as they do other employees

Nov 13, 2018 – HR

We believe one of our biggest assets is our people, so thank you for being a dedicated member of our Heartland Dental network. Thanks for taking time to provide your feedback!

5. "Dental Assistant"

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Westridge, GA
    Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Westridge, GA

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working at Heartland because of the people, the technology, the benefits and the continuing education offered to the employees

Cons

Being new to heartland dental can be alittle overwhelming. Its a lot to take in and sometimes hard to put it to use when you train in a high paced office......for example Dentrix. I believe a class would be nice to have for new employees. Dentrix is the center of how the office flows.

Advice to Management

State above

Nov 7, 2018 – HR

Thanks for your positive feedback! We're happy to hear you're enjoying Heartland Dental's benefits and continuing education. We're continuing to find ways to improve, so we appreciate your remarks... More

6. "Awesome"

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time

Pros

Great work environment great benefits

Cons

Nothing but good things to say

Oct 22, 2018 – HR

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Heartland Dental full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is amazing, people really care for each other, titles do not matter, open to new ideas, celebrate everyone, great flexibility, transparency, leadership has improved a lot, great stability, awesome future.

Cons

PTO needs to be increased for corporate employees, add more benefits like tuition reimbursement, and obtain medical insurance 1st day of being hired. These and some other benefits would increase our ability to be more competitive and provide more support to our employees. Overall benefits are good, a bit expensive for family.

Oct 16, 2018 – HR

Thanks for your positive feedback! We're happy to hear you're enjoying Heartland Dental's support and realize your potential to grow with us. We're continuing to find ways to improve, so we... More

8. "Pay"

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time

Pros

Education , teamwork, management are good!

Cons

Pay is a big con. Low for the title

Oct 16, 2018 – HR

"Practice manager of operations"

Former Employee - PMO Practice Manager of Operations in Bradenton, FL
    Former Employee - PMO Practice Manager of Operations in Bradenton, FL

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall good morals and ethics. I truly appreciated the support when I received it. I had learned a lot about leadership, coaching bs managing, honoring personality types and communication. The comraderie with other in my position was nice. Pay is improving, good benefits.

Cons

Sometimes reaching out for support led where. I reached out to my supervisor, HR, and employee relations because I was overwhelmed and felt like I was going to crack. I also shared a mental health diagnosis with my supporting doctor. I was terminated without specific reasons. I was told I was dishonest and lacked integrity. That cut me like a knife. I pride myself with both. No specifics given. I was very much caught off guard and am not bitter as much as hurt. I loved Heartland and wanted to do the right thing.

Advice to Management

Treat all employees the way we are expected to treat team members. Don’t be like other DSOs. I felt I was an asset to the company and then one day I was terminated by a new mgr. that only knew me for two weeks. I was completely caught off guard. I wish the had used the disciplinary action plan that we were taught and had in place. I had one write up from over two years ago. I just cannot help but the there was a better way.

Oct 10, 2018 – HR

We're very concerned by your feedback and take these comments seriously. We'd like to hear more from you, so we can better address the issue. Please reach out to feedback@heartland.com.

10. "Great intro to dentistry but bad pay"

I worked at Heartland Dental full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunities for CE credits, educational courses, and learning the business of dentistry

Cons

The pay is nowhere near private practice (huge discrepancies) and they promote people who are not as qualified as others

Oct 16, 2018 – HR

Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the training and CE opportunities you received at Heartland Dental. We read all reviews in an effort to take the information that has been... More