Cover image for Heartland Dental

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

85.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Heartland Dental~196086
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Heartland Dental offers great benefits and hours and are always willing to go the extra mile to be sure you are supported and appreciated!(in 120 reviews)
  • "Heartland has great training and CE offerings.(in 57 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with and commitment to personal and professional growth(in 57 reviews)
  • "They have great doctors and team members(in 42 reviews)
  • "Growth Opportunities (Professionally and Personally)(in 36 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Heartland Dental and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years
    Featured Review

Great Place to Work

Jan 7, 2022 - Regional Manager of Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked for private practice and other DSO's, but this place takes the cake. I've been with the company almost 10 years and still love what I do. The opportunity to grow is continual and the culture is outstanding. I'm not saying all 10 years have been easy, but the ones who made it miserable didn't last long. The company truly does care about their employees. While it's unrealistic to think you'll never get a poor manager/doctor/team member/etc., the company uses an array of resources for you to reach out if it becomes unbearable. I've been under some poor management while employed here, but most of those individuals are gone and I'm still here. It's comforting to know the company has your back and truly wants to employ NICE people. The region I'm in now is absolutely amazing and I plan on being here at least another 10 years.

Cons

We have a competitive benefits package, but I wish we had matching 401k. The doctors have a great opportunity for investment, so I'd like to see something better for the individuals who've been here awhile and want to stay.

13 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent patient care

Nov 8, 2022 - Registered Dental Hygienist, RDH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent pay and work environment

Cons

Appointment time short for the tasks needed to complete.

HR

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience as a Heartland Dental team member. Thank you for helping patients get the care they need, we appreciate you!

3. Join the Heartland Dental team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A tragic way to end a career

Nov 13, 2022 - Business Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of posiitions available if you want to learn corporate.

Cons

Corporate mentality. All about numbers and meeting challenges that prevent quality patient care. Hire inept doctors that that do substandard work and diagnose unnecessary treatment to get production, and work crazy long days so you can get some kind of little treat. -A goodie box or tiny bonus.... Unless of course you're a provider. Watching endless hours of modules. Lack of training. Lack of IT support. Hiring friends with NO experience. PMO NEVER there. I was with a private practice for 13 years that sold to HD. Most the staff members had all been with this doctor for minimum of 5 years. A few of us 13+. HD took this multimillion dollar practice and ran it into the ground. One original staff remains. Even the doctor bailed. They promised so much to all of us and zero delivery. WORST practice manager I've ever experienced in my 30 years of dentistry. I have patients contacting me personally desperate for advice on how to get their records, and where they should go for care. I never imagined that I would have to retire early due to all the stress that HD created in my life. All I can say is, if your practice is purchased by Heartland Dental…run for the hills.

2 people found this review helpful

HR

We take feedback like yours seriously and are disappointed that your experience didn’t meet your expectations. If you're comfortable, please reach out to experience@heartland.com to continue the conversation.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

General overview

Dec 7, 2022 - EDDA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Have improved employee work place Medical Ins can be expensive for family but coverage is good.

Cons

Sick days would be nice Hourly pay needs to be increased across the board due to cost of living has increased so much.

6. 2.0
    Current Employee

Typical Corporate Circus

Sep 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free continuing education Free WiFi Everything else is mediocre, at best

Cons

Super Corporate structure, no one listens to the little guy if it means rocking the boat with a doctor. (Never even a slap on the wrist for proven unprofessional conduct). Highly production focused - teams are incentivized with monetary bonuses to achieve minimum "baselines" of high end treatments such as Invisalign, crowns and SRP with 2 day "challenges". Doesn't leave much room for QUALITY patient care since this pressures every exam into converted treatment. Don't bother packing lunch, there's no time to eat it. Workload expectations are highly unrealistic and the doctors couldn't care less, they just want more conversions so they can go to Mexico for "free" (off the backs of their teams who get nothing in return). Long gone are the days of collegial respect in the field of Dentistry - and Heartland is surely paving the way to a new era of greedy practitioners running turn and burn sweatshops.

5 people found this review helpful

HR

We appreciate your feedback, but we're concerned that it doesn't align with Heartland Dental’s mission, vision, and core values. Please reach out directly to experience@heartland.com to discuss further.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee

Big layoffs

Dec 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Do well with the doctors and hygienists hired. They treat both of them very well and have excellent training

Cons

The support side (recruiting, operations etc) just saw a bunch of big surprise layoffs out of the blue. No indication the company was struggling or anything. You’ll hear how they are all a “family” but it turns out it’s just another case of corporate greed where they layoff a bunch of workers to save a quick buck.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great organization!

Dec 7, 2022 - Retired
    Business Outlook

Pros

They continue to serve patients and teams through this dramatically changing world.

Cons

Economic challenges create an environment where tough decisions must be made.

9. 4.0