KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Heartland Dental

Engaged Employer

Heartland Dental

Add a Review

Heartland Dental Employee Reviews about "continuing education"

Updated Jan 14, 2021

Found 88 of over 1,380 reviews

3.8
Heartland Dental President and Chief Executive Officer Pat Bauer
Pat Bauer
Pros
  • "The commitment to continuing education and lifelong learning is always important for success(in 82 reviews)

• "They treat their doctors SO well and are always easily accessible(in 65 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Free dental services for you and your dependents is limited to what YOUR dentist can do(in 44 reviews)

• "Upper management (regional managers/regional directors) can be disconnected from actual day to day office functions(in 43 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Heartland Dental and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "continuing education"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Heartland Affiliated Dentist Review

Dec 14, 2020 - General Dentist in Fort Pierce, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I wish I had affiliated 10 years earlier. Heartland's commitment to quality patient care along with the support to ensure the success of the doctor and the TEAM. The commitment to continuing education and lifelong learning is always important for success. The final big plus is I can now concentrate on patient care without all the distractions of running a business. Do the right things for the right reasons.

Cons

Learning to let things go and trust the process.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

In theory, good. In actuality, bad.

Dec 3, 2020 - Business Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

I appreciated the continuing education that was offered. The benefits are decent, though pricey. They also push a lot of corporate ideals which I have taken into my new work place, once leaving. I also worked at an office where I was luckily enough to make my own schedule, which is very nice for a work/life balance.

Cons

They are completely money based. If you are able to work with a doctor who is not afraid to stick up for their employees and also have a reasonable idea that business WILL ebb and flow, I believe it could be a decent place of employment. However, corporate is constantly hounding doctors, management, business employees, for more, more, more. More patients, and less employees to get more money. It doesn’t matter if the quality of patients care is cut for this. As long as there are more bodies filling the schedule. It is a very corrupt business, but what corporation isn’t? However they moonlight under this misconception of “patient care” when the only thing that matters is if that patient is “worth” a lot of money. It made me feel slimy. The employees are also not compensated for the amount of work put forth, openly. Management and some doctors don’t seem to have much knowledge of other job titles responsibilities, therefore they scrutinized and expect things that are very improbable to realistically get done. Employee morale drops and so does the quality of work.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Could not be happier on my choice

Dec 7, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I know get to go to work, and not worry about paying all the bills. I have the autonomy to practice how I like, and use what materials, and labs that I want. I also get to receive paid for Continuing Education. I also get to have the benefit of networking with other Dentists who are doing the same or better. I surprised to see who also was a Heartland doctor. I have the choice being or receiving mentorship.

Cons

The main con is when you get your team functioning well, your good people are plucked out of your practice and promoted. Some may see this as a Con, some may see this a Pro. You also have to give up the practice checkbook. Depending on your spending habits it maybe a Pro or a Con.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great opportunities for new dentists to advance on skills and education

Dec 11, 2020 - General Dentist in Cleveland, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Continuing Education available all year long, updated technology and if you want to pursue something else that you don't have, some one will be there to make it happen. Pat Bauer , Dr. Workman, Cheng and so many other ones working hard on our behalf to succeed and provide the best dental care to our communities.

Cons

Somehow difficult to grow your income the first coupe of years, you are in the "hole" but if you have the right support from team members eventually you can see the benefits and get out of it, it takes a great team to work together utilizing Heartland systems but sometimes some team members are not in it to win it.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

I never thought I would practice with a DSO until I met Heartland Dental!!

Dec 11, 2020 - General Dentist in Troy, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Clinical Support: Great nationwide support from high caliber Doctors, great continuing education, great mentors. Heartland and all of your colleagues supporting you want you to reach all your goals and help you be the best you can be! Business support: Great support to help run your dental office efficiently as a business, takes away stress of running a business, Doctor Led (you are always in control of your practice), top quality team across the country to help you reach your goals.

Cons

I am disappointed I didn't join sooner

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

NO TRANSPARENCY AND COHESIVENESS !

Jan 14, 2021 - Practice Manager in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot on time is spent on continuing education.

Cons

I worked for heartland for 5 years and have only receive one performance evaluation.Upper management seems to shy away from this because of the subject of increase to match the load of work being performed.They expect you to work as long and hard on their reports even it it means working 70hrs a week. *Unfair wages across the board for the job expectations. *The chain of command stops and your RDO who chooses if your concerns are worth fixing or listening to. *NO PAID VACATION LIKE ADVERTISE -I worked for 5 yrs ,a clean record no disciplinary actions decided to leave the company and was denied my PTO because of some story about accrual.NO REGARDS FOR THE WORK PUT IN THE PRACTICE OR THE FACT THAT THERE IS A PANDEMIC. *Lots of politics. *People are viewed as numbers . *Donot care the safety or health.

7. 4.0

Great company

Oct 30, 2020 - Expanded Functions Dental Assistant in Bradenton, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company that offers constant continuing education and if you’re a great employee you have job security.

Cons

It’s hard to go up in pay. In heartland you are required to do a lot more than a private practice and are not paid as much as a private practice. Hear over and over that it’s the cost of additional education you wouldn’t be getting with a private practice and job security. Yes and no. It’s gets old hearing that.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Review Update Heartland Dental

Sep 20, 2020 - Dental Hygienist in Carlisle, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Can have weekends to be with my family. Endless continuing education available. Established hygiene mentor for our area.

Cons

Very concerning lack of pay reviews. It can be hard to get pay reviews/increases from individual offices. Over two years here waiting doing a great job for our small office. Big con is the fear of PMO, RMO retaliation or treatment if issues are pointed out. That fear is real and a huge stressful worry. Makes one feel not important or cared for due to lack of communication.

Heartland Dental Response

HR

Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear that you are enjoying the training and work-life balance you receive as part of a Heartland Dental supported office. We read all reviews in an effort to take the information provided and maintain or improve the support we offer. That said, we are concerned to hear about your fears of retaliation. Our goal is to provide positive, proactive environments for our employees to thrive, and we are committed to making changes to uphold that. If you'd like to discuss the situation further, please reach out to us at feedback@heartland.com.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A long term home?

Dec 11, 2020 - General Dentist in High Point, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Constant support, great continuing education, premium fringe benefits (health care, disability, etc.), treatment planning autonomy, ability to access a network of other dentists for questions, potentially very lucrative compensation model

Cons

Building up a Denovo office takes some time to reap benefits

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Amazing company with incredible leaders

Dec 8, 2020 - Dentist in Georgetown, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible leaders to learn from, always looking how to improve, tremendous amountof continuing education, at the forefront of technology

Cons

there is a fair amount of change but have realized that is expected if trying to grow

Viewing 1 - 10 of 88 Reviews