KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Heartland Dental Employee Reviews about "pay"

Updated Jun 23, 2022

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Heartland Dental offers great benefits and hours and are always willing to go the extra mile to be sure you are supported and appreciated!(in 94 reviews)
  • "Great Training and job experience(in 58 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with and commitment to personal and professional growth(in 52 reviews)
  • "They have great doctors and team members(in 39 reviews)
  • "Great culture and ideology.(in 36 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Heartland Dental and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "pay"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Current Employee

Manager

Dec 23, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great education program a lot of great doctors. Doctor lead practices. Leadership

Cons

Growing really fast and not able to always provide quality support to teams Very low pay especially for field support

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

good place

Jul 30, 2020 - Dental Assistant in Broken Arrow, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

good place to work, continuing education, team work

Cons

sometimes is to busy and there is a lot to do and the pay is too low

Be the first to find this review helpful

Heartland Dental Response

HR

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback! Your comments are greatly appreciated and will help us continue to deliver world-class support.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Disappointed in this company

Sep 4, 2015 - Office Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

No late night hours in the office I currently work in and the doctor is not uptight and bossy like most

Cons

No pay raise given and if so you're lucky if it is $.25. Ridiculous amount of traveling and employee turnover rate. Promotions given to those that do not deserve it. Upper management never around to help where needed because they are always out of town. Feels like a popularity contest. No recognition to the employees that actually work and keep the doctors on track and moving.

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Need to get with the times

Nov 3, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Effingham, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly culture to work with Hard-working culture Dedicated culture

Cons

Terrible pay: I get paid LESS THAN half of the median salary in my state for my position. Terrible benefits: No 401k matching. Healthcare is expensive. 3% raise cap: The 3% raise is certainly NOT guaranteed, 3% isnt even enough to keep up with the cost of living so you are effectively losing money each year working here. The 3% cap also destroys any incentive to work harder which goes without saying. Very little vacation time: 10 days and takes like 7 years to increase to 15 days or something like that

6 people found this review helpful
  5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Rewarding if you're willing to work for nothing

Nov 28, 2016 - Business Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was nice to connect with some of the patients, to feel as though you are helping someone. Some doctors really care about their patients.

Cons

They aren't willing to fairly compensate front desk staff for the loads of work they expect them to do. Pay is VERY low for the workload and erratic hours they want you to work. Verbally abused by patients and you have to just take it. Recruiters entice potential employees by the quarterly 'bonuses' that are non existent. Most of the doctors only care about meeting their monthly production goals. Promotions in this company are based on who sucks up the most, not on job performance and people skills.

2 people found this review helpful

Heartland Dental Response

Heartland Dental

We are very proud to have many doctors and team members that care deeply for their patients and we are making changes to ensure the highest level of support is available to the BA’s and practice overall. Similarly, we do encourage Doctors to set attainable production goals as it does benefit the whole team when these goals are reached. We will share your concerns surrounding compensation with our benefits team.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Lead Dental Assistant

Apr 12, 2017 - Lead Dental Assistant in Effingham, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

With having 15+ years of dental assisting for private practices, I can say Heartland Dental is now my permanent home. It is an amazing company to work for because all the practices are still Doctor Driven and Patient Focused while, Heartland handles all of the business aspects of the dental practices so the Doctors can focus on patient care. Nothing like some of the horror stories that I have heard in the past about other dental corporations.

Cons

The pay is not where I feel like it should be with my experience and dental knowledge that I have attained over the years. I understand that Heartland does offer benefits for their employees but, we also pay for those benefits. I feel like they would get better quality employees if they would match the average pay for all positions to show that they truly value their employees.

6 people found this review helpful