KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Heartland Dental

Engaged Employer

Heartland Dental

Add a Review

Heartland Dental Employee Reviews about "people"

Updated Jun 23, 2022

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Heartland Dental offers great benefits and hours and are always willing to go the extra mile to be sure you are supported and appreciated!(in 94 reviews)
  • "Great Training and job experience(in 58 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with and commitment to personal and professional growth(in 52 reviews)
  • "They have great doctors and team members(in 39 reviews)
  • "Great culture and ideology.(in 36 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Heartland Dental and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Practice Manager of Operations

Sep 4, 2017 - Practice Administrator in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

There used to be such fun and exciting classes. The psychology and time invested in learning from great leaders helped develop systems to create great experiences for patients.

Cons

Compensation. Increases at Annual Reviews are next to nothing - not near enough to keep up with inflation. Education has been removed for cost saving purposes and training left to management when barely enough time to onboard people.

10 people found this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great people

Jul 9, 2019 - Front Desk Receptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Heartland has a great mindset and has developed an overall plan to help people with dentistry needs. The people within the office are awesome.

Cons

Benefits are expensive. Pay is better than average in the area but should be more based on job duties.

1 person found this review helpful

Heartland Dental Response

HR

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. Your comments are greatly appreciated, and we will use your feedback as we continue to improve.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Place to Work

Jan 7, 2022 - Regional Manager of Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked for private practice and other DSO's, but this place takes the cake. I've been with the company almost 10 years and still love what I do. The opportunity to grow is continual and the culture is outstanding. I'm not saying all 10 years have been easy, but the ones who made it miserable didn't last long. The company truly does care about their employees. While it's unrealistic to think you'll never get a poor manager/doctor/team member/etc., the company uses an array of resources for you to reach out if it becomes unbearable. I've been under some poor management while employed here, but most of those individuals are gone and I'm still here. It's comforting to know the company has your back and truly wants to employ NICE people. The region I'm in now is absolutely amazing and I plan on being here at least another 10 years.

Cons

We have a competitive benefits package, but I wish we had matching 401k. The doctors have a great opportunity for investment, so I'd like to see something better for the individuals who've been here awhile and want to stay.

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Opportunities for Growth Professionally and Personally

Nov 3, 2015 - Marketing Representative in Effingham, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and culture. Continuing education does not only better you professionally but personally, as well. I've learned so much and met so many friendly and fun people in the few short months I have been with this company. The growth of this company gives potential to bring you anywhere.

Cons

Growing so big without enough staff members to keep up but that keeps you busy every day. You have to continuously work hard and be continuously innovative which pushes you to be better.

4 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Over worked, under appreciated

Feb 8, 2015 - Business Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

The ability to meet great patients and the ability to establish relationships with people in need of dental help

Cons

The list is endless. As a B/A you certainly do not get any type of recognition for the endless amounts of work and tasks you do for everyone within the office on a daily basis. Patients, Drs and hygienists! It is a never ending position that consists of having to make sure everything is done for everyone or else. The management is terrible and reflects upon the whole corporation. The Regional management teach their Practice Administrators to "do all for the Drs" and to crush everyone else in their way. The company portrays to the general population that their office "isn't" like dare we say it, ASPEN but they aren't really, they are much much worse. This company teaches you to take it with its "advanced training." Another opportunity the company has to take time away from your family and outside work life by sending you to IL. For a class that could consist of days of the same thing you learned in the class before. Not to mention, the hours of OT you are forced into at the office due to being understaffed and unorganized. It is not worth any of your energy! Daily you put in about 9-11 hrs of high stressed, no break, drama filled time out of your life you could be using on a good company!

10 people found this review helpful
  6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

When I first started at the beginning of 2015 it was a great place to work but it isn't any more with all the changes.

Nov 27, 2016 - Patient Service Representative in Effingham, IL