KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Heartland Dental

Engaged Employer

Heartland Dental

Add a Review

Heartland Dental Employee Reviews about "team member"

Updated Aug 12, 2022

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Heartland Dental offers great benefits and hours and are always willing to go the extra mile to be sure you are supported and appreciated!(in 111 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with and commitment to personal and professional growth(in 54 reviews)
  • "Great training and learning opportunities!(in 49 reviews)
  • "They have great doctors and team members(in 41 reviews)
  • "Growth Opportunities (Professionally and Personally)(in 41 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Heartland Dental and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "team member"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Review

Jul 10, 2017 - Practice Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I think that within any company, no one can be perfect. I truly believe within Heartland they give you all opportunities to grow and become a better person & team member

Cons

They're honestly working within all means to provide the best quality of life for us. The point is, trust & believe.

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Watch out for a wolf in sheep's clothing!

Mar 16, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Their Mission and Vision are suburb, offer amazing classes and have a wonderful team member selection process.

Cons

Too many hours are required, they tell you to work 45 (salary) and you end up more often than not working 60-80 hours a week. They say its all about the patients and patient care, but its really all about the numbers! if your offices and doctors aren't exceeding their budgeted numbers, watch out because stuff rolls down hill fast.

5 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company to be supported by

May 8, 2018 - Dentist in Mesa, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Heartland is the biggest private dental group in the world, but it feels like a small company where you are able to meet and know a lot of the people working in Heartland. This helps many people feel more invested in their office/team. I truly believe that Heartland doctors are some of the best doctors in the country, and there are so many doctors eager to help if you have issues or want to know about a new technique/product. This allows all doctors, especially new grads, within the company to have ready access to literally thousands of years worth of dental experience. Your experience is really what you make it. As the doctor you are the leader in the practice and won't have anyone tell you how you should be practicing or give you quotas you have to hit. They made it very easy to move my family across the country when we decided the East coast wasn't right for us anymore. The senior management cares about more than the bottom line and really strive to create a great company that doctors and team members want to work with.

Cons

Heartland is a DSO but it is run by people. People make mistakes. Sometimes these mistakes are hiring on other people. I feel like Heartland can hire doctors without putting as much time and effort into the interview process as when hiring other team members, and this leads to poor team member retention and dissatisfaction/harm to patients.

Heartland Dental Response

HR

Thank you for your positive review! We believe one of our biggest assets is our people, so thank you for being such a dedicated member of our Heartland Dental network. We are always looking for opportunities to make improvements, so we appreciate your positive comments and feedback!

4. 4.0

Make Your Voice Heard

Feb 27, 2019 - Business Assistant in Gainesville, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am very grateful that Heartland gave me a chance with absolutely no dental experience. All the tools I needed to grow as an individual were laid out for me and the connections I've made have been amazing. There is not one person I would not help out if they asked. The amazing thing about corporate dentistry is that they CAN ask and I can help. I now have proficient skill sets in AR, insurance, scheduling and financial planning. They also built me into a leader regardless of what position I hold in whatever office I am in. Additionally, having benefits is amazing. The growth opportunity is there though I wish there was better communication of what was open.

Cons

The communication of goals can be aggressive. This is a business and numbers are important. There is no denying that we track and we measure to better ourselves and the patient experience. The way it can be communicated can make it seem like it is just a constant push more without appreciation to the team, however. The information and message from upper to middle management should be delivered different when its middle management to team. Majority of team members have a different reason why they do what they do than numbers. Gear messages towards building each other up and celebrating patient care. Numbers are intimidating. Patient care is rewarding. The team just wants to feel appreciated. Just take a moment of the day to make sure you voice and appreciate what each individual team member is doing for the practice.

1 person found this review helpful

Heartland Dental Response

HR

Thanks for your positive feedback! We're happy to hear you're enjoying Heartland Dental's support and realize your potential to grow with us. We're continuing to find ways to improve, so we appreciate your remarks regarding communication and training. We are grateful for your contributions to the company!

5. 5.0

Practice Manager

Dec 19, 2017 - Practice Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely love this company and the support it provides for each individual team member. I am fortunate enough to supports Drs and team members excel in patient care. This company provides personal and professional growth for everyone from a business assistant to a VP. The company stands behind its Mission to be truly world class.

Cons

None I truly enjoy working here.