KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Heartland Dental

Engaged Employer

Heartland Dental

Add a Review

Heartland Dental Employee Reviews about "training"

Updated Jun 23, 2022

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Heartland Dental offers great benefits and hours and are always willing to go the extra mile to be sure you are supported and appreciated!(in 94 reviews)
  • "Great Training and job experience(in 58 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with and commitment to personal and professional growth(in 52 reviews)
  • "They have great doctors and team members(in 39 reviews)
  • "Great culture and ideology.(in 36 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Heartland Dental and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "training"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Practice Manager of Operations

Sep 4, 2017 - Practice Administrator in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

There used to be such fun and exciting classes. The psychology and time invested in learning from great leaders helped develop systems to create great experiences for patients.

Cons

Compensation. Increases at Annual Reviews are next to nothing - not near enough to keep up with inflation. Education has been removed for cost saving purposes and training left to management when barely enough time to onboard people.

10 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Love the structure and support you are given!

Nov 18, 2018 - Practice Manager of Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits package is better than most private practice. *Not better benefits than other companies of similar size* I believe that Heartland truly supports its mission and vision. The training and education has been an amazing opportunity in my personal and professional life. Being able to really understand someone’s motives, and ask questions to get to the root of problems, or being able to speak to someone the way they need to hear it is something I may not have ever learned to do had I not worked for Heartland.

Cons

Still no 401K matching, no accrued sick time, no Maternity leave compensation, family insurance is still more expensive than other employers. The biggest con is the mandatory trining/meetings for Admin but 0 mandatory training for the doctors in their leadership. While we tell the doctors they are the leaders of the practice it seems that hasty decision are made or poor actions are acceptable because they are the doctor. If the doctors were held to the same level of accountability as the admin who support them, Heartland truly would be a world class company and the leader in dentistry.

1 person found this review helpful

Heartland Dental Response

HR

Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear that you've experienced personal and professional growth during your time at Heartland Dental. We also appreciate your comments regarding 401K, insurance and training courses. We're continually looking at ways to improve, and your feedback is helpful so that we know where we can do better. Thank you for being a valuable part of our Heartland Dental community!

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Office Management needs more improvement

Apr 6, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company provides a lot of training so whether you are new to dental field training is always available. Classes and training sometimes happens out of state so you get to travel. you can always get support from the main office in IL.

Cons

They are a corporation with many offices in different parts of the United States, some offices are managed poorly. In my experience they keep promoting young adults to be a manager but the manager I was with was arrogant and doesn't really care about the patients. And they talk about patient care but as an employee I felt like it is always about money, every meeting consist of how to push products to the patients. I left because our office is so mismanaged and they ignored the people who actually cared for the practice. NO bonus, no salary increase or salary interview never happened to us.

8 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love working for this company!

Jul 16, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Heartland invests in their employees and gives everyone the training and opportunity to grow in their person and professional lives. With currently 2 months of employment I haven't felt more valued or appreciated at any other job I've had. Heartland is full of genuinely nice and helpful people that are there to serve the patient so they receive world class care and dentistry.

Cons

I haven't found a con to working for Heartland. They expect everyone to be nice and work hard and give every patient the care you would want for yourself and loved ones.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Training was good

Aug 17, 2019 - Business Assistant in Fayetteville, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Training is good and detailed

Cons

Alot of spiteful people in upper management. Over worked and under paid

Be the first to find this review helpful

Heartland Dental Response

HR

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. Your comments are greatly appreciated, and we will use your feedback as we continue to improve.

6. 5.0