Heartland Farms Reviews | Glassdoor

Heartland Farms Reviews

Updated Oct 18, 2017

1.8
  1. "Exciting place to work and great people to work with"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Hancock, WI

I worked at Heartland Farms full-time for more than a year

Pros

This was the most exciting position of my career, the management and leadership team knew the importance of using the latest and greatest technology and this was represented in everything they did while I worked there. The pay was pretty good and I was introduced to technologies such as Xamarin, DevExpress, and the Entity Framework while I worked at Heartland.

Cons

Very stressful work environment with very long hours and demanding deadlines however, greatly undermined what would have otherwise been an amazing work experience. The policy for taking lunch breaks also changed on a regular basis, seemingly when it was convenient for my manager, which was frustrating to say the least. The on call policy was explained to me in the most rudimentary way possible and when I'd ask for... clarification I was told that I'd "figure it out on my own", which you can imagine went on without a hitch. Boss was also kind of a "Yes Man" to upper management and could be your best friend one day and your worst enemy the next. Raises only came once every 7 years and it was a "take it or leave it" policy.

Heartland Farms2017-10-18
  2. "Avoid this place"

I worked at Heartland Farms

Pros

Decent pay. That's about it.

Cons

It's made very clear that if you complain, they'll fire you. Oh, you don't like that the owners smoke cigars indoors so heavily that the HVAC system blows cigar smoke? Ok, we've decided "you're not a good fit" and we won't be moving forward with your employment here. No, you won't get any other explanation.

Advice to Management

Who cares? They make it very clear they won't tolerate anyone questioning them.

Heartland Farms2016-08-08
  3. "Don't work here!!"

I have been working at Heartland Farms

Pros

Pay is pretty good, however, it isn't worth it.

Cons

Terrible treatment of employees. Less than legal practices. Extreme favortism. Currently seeking better employment.

Heartland Farms2012-11-15