Heartland Payment Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 6, 2017

5.0
Jeffrey S. Sloan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work from home, offers flexibility and ability to earn residual income ans signing bonus (not found in many industries) (in 22 reviews)

• Work/Life balance is what you want it to be (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Con for most people is that it is 100% commission and starting without a book of business (in 26 reviews)

• The profits to the sales force became smaller because Managment claimed our cost had increased (in 23 reviews)

1. "IT Manager"

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time

Pros

Good Place to work, good people

Cons

Small organization with limited upward mobility

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

2. "I love my job"

Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate Live Chat in Warrendale, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate Live Chat in Warrendale, PA

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working at Heartland Payment Systems. Heartland allows for great work/ life balance, good pay, good benefits, great advancement and recognition. Great team environment, great management team. If you want to learn more they will teach you more.

Cons

There are no negatives to report.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive atmosphere, you're doing a fantastic job so far.

3. "Heartland ECSI isn't bad like people make it out to be!"

Current Contractor - Associate Customer Service Advocate in Warrendale, PA
    Current Contractor - Associate Customer Service Advocate in Warrendale, PA

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems as a contractor

Pros

I honestly enjoy everything about my job and this company. I'm 31 years old and have worked all different types of jobs and I for the first time I actually feel valued and appreciated and it makes me really enjoy working for this company. The staff always has my back and are super helpful and friendly. My co workers are pretty swell. There is a full time gym on location, a cafeteria, and a patio that I go to on my breaks to enjoy the outdoors. Heartland also does tons of customer service appreciation events to give back to their workers and it's really refreshing and exciting to see that happen and be a part of it. I always come to work with a smile on my face. When I'm working I feel comfortable and at home and can be myself. There is also a career path and room for growth and advancement at the company that you can take advantage of. Heartland has done exceptionally well at assisting me and meeting my needs. I'm very thankful for the opportunity that was presented to me at this company and plan on making the most out of it.

Cons

The only con is there isn't much free wifi. The wifi that is free has a very poor signal and you need to hover around the bathroom area which kind of makes you look like a creep.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

4. "One of the Best Companies I've Worked for in my Life"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Warrendale, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Warrendale, PA

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment is friendly and positive. Most Respectful place I've ever worked in. Upper management has an open door policy and they take time to appreciate the employees. Have had a few issues that were address with I consider excellent customer service.

Cons

Starting pay is not based off of previous experience, and should be higher as the expectations are high.

Advice to Management

My only concern is that we lose good people due to other companies paying higher wages. Having to much turnaround in employment does effect the overall customer experience as newer employees do make more mistakes.

"A Year and a Half with Heartland"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation Model: 6 month up-front signing bonuses; lifetime monthly residuals; portfolio ownership; Easy to understand comp plan;Hasn't changed in over 20 years.
    Training: Ongoing and consistent with best practices in our industry; All tools to succeed are available - Territory Manager, Division Manager, VP of Sales have always been accessible and willing to help in the growth of their sales team; online trainings and resources; great Sales Support team to contact.
    Culture: The leadership that I report to have always maintained a positive and encouraging attitude...not something I was used to at other places I have worked. Additionally, others sales reps who have no financial incentive to help me, have played an integral part of my success at Heartland.

Cons

Con for most people is that it is 100% commission and starting without a book of business. A pro to this con is our lifetime residuals. Even on a slow month, I was able to pay my mortgage and several other bills with my monthly residual check alone.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent while interviewing candidates. Ensure that the candidate understands that they are committing to producing for Heartland, with the understanding that if business is not written, their "salary" will be $0.

"Territory Manager"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a company that actually has the client and the reps best interests at heart. They actually do what they say. The comp plan is one of the best in the industry. They have an outstanding training program that is ongoing and they maintain an open line of communication through all levels of management. Their on boarding process is extremely easy and I have been able to have a client approved and operational within 20 minutes. If you are looking for a permanent home with tremendous earning potential than Heartland is the place.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that I did not find Heartland sooner.

Advice to Management

No matter how big we become, please keep our core principles in tact.

"Beautiful Place. Phenomenal"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work-life balance. Freedom. Great compensation. Weekly pay. And good pay.
    Incredible leadership. Empowerment. Ability to move up the ladder at your own pace.

Great Things can be obtained here if you work and strive for greatness!

Cons

100% commission can be tough to start

"Serving others"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am truly grateful to be employeed by such a creditable company. The compensastion program is very fair, you work hard it pays off. We are a team here at Heartland. No one is perfect we are humans, but we always do our very best to make our customers happy, and feel supported. The key to success is to start before you are ready. You can do anything you set your mind to.

Cons

Honestly cant think of anything

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!

9. "Awesome experience. I love the culture and the leadership. You have every opportunity to succeed."

Current Employee - Sales Trainer in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Sales Trainer in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the culture and the leadership. They really have your best interests at heart. The hours are very family friendly and the pay is satisfactory.

Cons

No major cons that I can think of at all. I'm very satisfied. It is hard to get work from home options if that's what you're looking for.

10. "Territory Manager"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Lafayette, LA
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Lafayette, LA

I have been working at Heartland Payment Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits and Hours, commission structure

Cons

Competion and lack of products for success

Advice to Management

Create more universal equipment for generic markets