KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "It is a commission only job and if you don't make your sales you will be broke.(in 65 reviews)
  • "4. Super micro management.(in 53 reviews)
  • "No training so unless you have been in the industry before you will struggle(in 43 reviews)
  • "There are good managers in the Plano office if you happen to be lucky enough to land under one of the few.(in 35 reviews)
  • "Middle and upper management are simply out of touch with the current business environment.(in 15 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Heartland and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great company

Jul 21, 2022 - Product Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Super great company that invests in its people.

Cons

None at all. I truly love Heartland

1 person found this review helpful

Heartland Response

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide feedback. We're One team in everything we do and love to hear about our leaders exemplifying our values and living the Heartland Way. Thank you for your commitment to Heartland.

2. 5.0

Looking for better pay

Oct 3, 2022 - Slide Out Production Line
    Business Outlook

Pros

Trying to keep good workers and keep the money at a competitive rate

Cons

There is To much time off

3. 5.0
    Former Employee

Wonderful experience

Sep 30, 2022 - Direct Support Professional (DSP)
    Business Outlook

Pros

-amazing clients and co-workers -great training -fun job

Cons

-schedule was not lenient for students

4. 5.0

Great Culture

Sep 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership and a wonderful culture. Unlike anything I have ever experienced.

Cons

Owned by a large company that makes things difficult at times.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture

Sep 27, 2022 - Credit Underwriter in Jeffersonville, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

People actually care about you, relaxed corporate atmosphere, no micromanagement, paid sick leave, and a great culture. Very good AC, you'll almost always be cold.

Cons

Pay is below market rate for the area

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, Great Culture

Sep 21, 2022 - Implementation Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Heartland has a great culture in place in regards to operations.

Cons

The Sales team treats operations pretty poorly, but that's a lot to do with the lack of boundaries set by management. Something they are working on, but not quite have yet. Pay is subpar, but flexibility is solid.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

It's not too bad

Sep 27, 2022 - Physical Therapist Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good therapy team. Benefits offered

Cons

Nursing staff can be rude. A lot of management staff

Heartland Response

Heartland does not have therapy teams and is not in the healthcare space. This review is for another company. The person who did the review made a mistake. We wish we had physical therapists on site for our employees. :)

8. 5.0

Great Company/Great Culture

Aug 31, 2022 - Director in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Company and Great Culture

Cons

Work volume can be high

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Solid

Sep 12, 2022 - Receptionist in West Bloomfield, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Safe space for beginners to learn

Cons

There’s a lot of gossip

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Walks the Walk on Company Culture

Aug 16, 2022 - Product Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are incredibly focused and dedicated to their company culture. They continually reinforce the company tenets and what is known as the “Heartland Way”. While they could seem a little cheesy at times, the leadership is truly bought in and cares about its people. It’s been a breath of fresh air since I’ve been at places that say they have “great company culture”, but that really is just used as a recruiting slogan and it’s not really existent. Heartland really is different and truly cares for its people.

Cons

Lots of verticals and business units, paired with the structure of being under a massive corporation (Global Payments), it can just make things really hectic when working with different business units. Less of a con on Heartland specifically, and something you just get whenever you work at a large company.

Heartland Response

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide feedback. We're One Team in everything we do and love to hear about our leaders exemplifying our values. We're glad the Heartland Way resonates with you. Navigating multiple business units is certainly challenging. If you have any ideas on how we can be better with communicating what to focus on, please let your leaders know. The best ideas come from our employees and we encourage you to share them. Thanks for leading with an entrepreneurial mindset.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,045 Reviews

Heartland Reviews FAQs

Heartland has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 1,071 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at Heartland to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Heartland employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Heartland. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

69% of Heartland employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Heartland 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Heartland to be benefits, culture, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Heartland Job Seekers