Hebert Research Reviews in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Hebert Research Seattle Reviews

Updated January 17, 2018

Seattle, WA Area

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Hebert files BANKRUPTCY to avoid paying Employee Lawsuit !!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Hebert Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NONE - ZERO - ZILCH - NADA - NEGATIVE !!!!!!
    Any positive reviews posted on this site are from a paid PR firm or from employees that were told to post a positive review. How unethical......... Read all the reviews sorted by DATE, not by POPULAR. See the pattern ? Its all true !!! No rating available for less than 1 star !!!

Cons

PLENTY - The worst CEO that I ever worked for. The man is a raving lunatic !!! Paranoid schizo !! Lies to everyone, including clients, employees, vendors. He claims to do work for Fortune 500 companies but that was many years ago. He claims he was a college professor, also many years ago. His wife claims to be the COO and all she does is disrupt the office. She's the enabler. Issues with getting paid on time or at all. No benefits, hostile work environment, using old computers and very old software. After you leave the company, Hebert will blame you for everything, give you a poor reference, claims you stole from the company. Worst experience I ever had !!!!

Advice to Management

No advice to give, why waste the effort. A big blemish on the local economy that just needs to go away, the sooner the better !!!

Apr 5, 2016 – Research Analyst

Hebert Research welcomes all comments. Hebert Research has had hundreds of happy employees and clients over the years who have highly favorable and appreciative reviews of the company and its... More

"Research Analyst"

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Hebert Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are provided with a great opportunity to learn a lot if you learn independently and seek out projects on your own. There's free employee parking, that's a perk.

Cons

Your hours vary, the owner doesn't trust you so its difficult to convince him the value of your project, the pay is low, you're never payed on time, no benefits.

Advice to Management

If you want employees to stay at all, employees have to be paid on time, they need to be trusted, and it would be helpful if there was a training program.

Apr 5, 2016 – Research Analyst

"Please read the reviews before accepting a position at Hebert Research"

I worked at Hebert Research full-time

Pros

My fellow colleagues were a pleasure to work with given the circumstances. The location was very nice and always had plenty of parking.

Cons

The company needs a complete overhaul if it going to be able to survive. The CEO treats his employees extremely poorly, even though in my opinion he was blessed to have such a young, smart, and enthusiastic team. It is extremely disorganized there. All decisions have to go through the CEO, which holds up progress based on his time management skills. He also will not hesitate to misrepresent data and at the worse, change the data entirely. He likes to use superfluous language when discussing the projects to clients and his staff. In my opinion, this was done to hide the fact that his statistical intellect is lacking, as I more often than not found his explanations nonsensical and I am familiar in the language of statistics.

Advice to Management

As you can tell by the cons, most of my problems with the company had to do with the CEO. Hebert Research might have a chance if additional research directors were hired to spread out responsibilities away from management. The CEO has great skills in social networking, and should stick to that as his only duty.

"Very Bad Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Pros

Location and my own work ethic

Cons

Worst job I have ever had. The work was fine but the company was so unorganized that completing a project on time and in budget was next to impossible. After that there is a bunch of finger pointing every man for himself. I left because I felt the company was unstable and there owners were VERY difficult to work for. The benefits and pay continue to decrease and the job duties and expectations only increase. Not worth it at the end of the day. Worst company I have every worked for. Ask the turnover rate before you start because that is a big red flag

Advice to Management

I would close up shop and salvage what is left.

"Opportunities"

Current Employee - Data Collection Supervisor in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Data Collection Supervisor in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Hebert Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hebert Research is a small company. It is growing, and that means a greater opportunity for advancement than a bigger company will have. Employees here stay busy, they are highly valued and treated with respect. Employees who come here with a drive to be successful will have good opportunities with this company. Hebert Research offers flexible working hours that meet employees needs to have a good work/life balance. I enjoy working at this company. The work environment here is a positive one.

Cons

This company has a great location. However, if you are a commuter coming from outside the city of Bellevue; then you will be sometimes dealing with heavy traffic when going to and from work.

Advice to Management

Management is doing a great job!

Hebert Research welcomes both positive and critical comments.

Hebert Research has regularly conducted research with clients on completed projects, and has received exceptional ratings on quality... More

"I Made A Mistake Working Here"

Current Employee - Research Assistant in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Hebert Research (Less than a year)

Pros

I like how the hourly wage is $12.50, how easy the job is, and how easy it was to get the job (walked in and was hired within a minute).

Cons

I should have noticed something was off when I was offered the job within the first minute of the interview. I was promised 40 hours a week and a raise of a few dollars an hour after the first month. Who could say no to that? As you've probably read in other reviews, I was lied to. I received 40 hours the first week, but the next week was 20, the week after was 10, then 5...and then I didn't work for 2 weeks. It never went back to 40 hours. At the interview, I was told that they fired all of their previous employees to have a fresh start. After reading these reviews, I know that they lied about that as well. For the short time I've worked here, I have seen about a dozen employees come and go very quickly after getting hired. One of the worst parts is that I show up to work and am told there that work is cancelled. I feel insulted working here. I politely brought my concerns up to management, but was ignored. After reading these reviews, I decided to look into my paychecks and I realized that I have not been getting paid for the hours I've worked. My last paycheck was a very small fraction of what I earned and it was so obvious that no one can deny it; I guess they're getting sloppy in sneaking around. My current paycheck is a week late. I never had problems paying for rent, but since working here, I've needed help. I made a mistake working here and I need to get a new job fast before I lose my home.

Advice to Management

I understand that this company used to be successful once upon a time, but you should take the ethical route to help the company grow. But honestly, I don't even know if the company can be saved at this point.

Hebert Research welcomes both positive and critical comments.

"Not a pleasant place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Hebert Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None at all. I think the only pros you will find are written by management to balance out all the negative reviews

Cons

Frequently the owner tries to not pay his employees if things don't go his way. I have experienced him withholding my paycheck on multiple occasions. The work is sporadic at best.

Advice to Management

Spend more time on trying to keep valuable employees than you do posting false reviews and your turnover rate won't be so high. The turnover rate is the highest I have ever seen with any company which is a big red flag. I hope one day Jim and Cynthia will listen to what people are saying and make some changes so they can be successful. If something doesn't change soon I feel the company will continue to sink until the CEO is forced to conduct the phone interviews himself as there will be no one left.

Hebert Research welcomes both positive and critical comments.

The company has replaced the former CFO, and the problems have not reoccurred.

Hebert Research serves some of the finest... More

"Informational and resourceful"

Current Employee - Research Assistant in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Hebert Research part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wide range of projects that expand to other states as well as our own. The employees are versed in communitiy projects as well as business innovations. I have grown in the 4 months since coming to Hebert Research, in being able to reach out to people in ways I never imagined. The CEO Jim Hebert is very diverse in so many areas. Creates awareness on so many levels on all the projects. Is very visable to all employees on a regular basis. .

Cons

Schedule varies per project to get the best responses

Hebert Research welcomes both positive and critical comments.

"Report Writer career launch - major success"

Current Employee - Report Writer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Report Writer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Hebert Research part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at Hebert Research part-time remotely. Hebert Research and Jim Hebert gave me the opportunity to refine my craft of proposal and business plan writing. I got the opportunity to work with really experienced researchers and economists. I was very pleased with their willingness to work at a slower pace to accommodate my learning curve. After the first month I was fully up to speed and we launched many strong high dollar projects.

In sum, Hebert Research and Jim Hebert has Intelligent people who are commuted to sharing their knowledge and experience.

Cons

Working with many different clients can be challenging but still overall a good experience.

Advice to Management

Allow for some more flexibility in project exposure.

Oct 8, 2014 – Social Media

Hebert Research's objective as a company is to help all employees achieve their goals in the research profession.

"Captivating"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Hebert Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I first came to Bellevue, I was struggling and searching for work in the employment mecca of the state. I eventually found Hebert Research and was amazed at how nice everyone was. I immediately started climbing the ladder and found myself in upper management where I now reside. The building is located on a nice piece of property, with a gorgeous creek behind it. My co-workers are pretty much the best, and Jim, our boss is always open to talk and help out. Its a great feeling to wake up in the morning and be excited to come to work. It's hard to find that kind of excitement in the work place.

Cons

To be honest, I feel that in today's society, the majority of individuals have an over-exaggerated sense of entitlement. Therefore, when someone is reprimanded, they immediately slough off the responsibility to someone else, preferably they're boss. It's apparently easier to make someone else look bad instead of being an adult and taking the responsibility for yourself. I feel that past employees take to this site to slough off their responsibilities and to try to make Hebert Research look bad, but in all reality, it's actually a great place to work as long as your mature and can take responsibility for your actions.

Advice to Management

Take a vacation, enjoy life, take a breather. You've earned it.