Hefty Seed Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Hefty Seed Company Reviews

1.3
Brian Hefty
1 Rating

"I was promised a lot and received very little."

Former Employee - Agronomist Trainee in Baltic, SD
    Former Employee - Agronomist Trainee in Baltic, SD

Pros

It may look good on a resume to certain people.

Cons

Everything... I mean it just wasn't a fun place to work. I didn't feel proud to work there, nor did I recieve praise for a job well done. The company does not want experienced people. They want to train you a certain way. This was not a good working experience.

"Look at the big picture"

Former Employee - Agronomist Trainee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Agronomist Trainee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Hefty Seed Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice facilities and equipment. Good training program. They have a very good safety program. Product offerings from many suppliers with decent prices.

Cons

Benefits are far below industry standards. Health insurance deductbles are very high. Not very many paid holidays. Wages are fair but you are expected to work many hours and every Saturday. Overtime is where you make your desired wage. Getting support from management on pricing and product delivery is poor. Advancement is only attainable if someone leaves. Training is offered but is ran terribly and too hasty for young people to fully understand. If family time is important to you, avoid this company. Most agronomist work 500 plus hours of overtime per year.

Advice to Management

Allow more time for proper training and support your employees. Better communication with stores on pricing and product availability. Less focus on sales and more on actually helping the customer.