- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Illinois
- - Chicago, IL Area
- - Chicago, IL
- - Morton Grove, IL
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY Area
- - New York, NY
- United Kingdom - All Cities
- - England
- - London, United Kingdom Area
- - London, England
- Luxembourg - All Cities
- - Luxembourg
- - Luxembourg, Luxembourg Area
- - Luxembourg
Found 52 of over 59 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Commercial Customer Service Representative
What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "low pay, repetitive work at times" (in 5 reviews)
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Sep 25, 2022 - Analyst in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Super awesome and very helpful
Can be a lot of workContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jul 5, 2022 - Financial Operations Associate in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
There are a lot of really intelligent people working at Heitman with a wide variety of experience throughout the real estate industry. Great investment track record and opportunities to learn. Working closely with the asset managers has been the best part of my experience as they have taught me a lot. The work-life balance is great as well.
The financial operations and analysis department is struggling with an identity crisis. The work primarily consists of valuations and financial reporting with a hint of ad-hoc analysis for the asset managers. There aren't enough challenging projects to keep high performing employees retained. Often times high performing employees transfer to another department such as asset management or acquisitions, or they leave to take one of those roles at another firm. Heitman is also a little top-heavy it seems, with individuals in upper management cashing a paycheck with little involvement or production.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Sep 13, 2022 - Associate in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great learning and mentorship from more senior professionals.
Maybe pay could be a little higher.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Oct 22, 2022 - Assistant Finance ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
There aren’t many but DEI initiatives is a plus. There are smart people.
Very uncompetitive salary, Uneven workload distributionContinue reading
- Former Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★Aug 15, 2022 - Assistant Finance ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great advancement opportunities Great support system Good benefits
Year-end reporting and business plan preparation was extremely stressful and busy.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★May 31, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The people are absolutely amazing to work with. You will learn a lot from picking the smartest brains at work. The culture is absolutely one of the best I’ve seen.
Lack of diversity. However, the company is on its way to building more success, including hiring talents from all over the world. I’d say that the salary is not as great as others in the industry.
- Current Employee★★★★★Feb 8, 2022 - Portfolio Accountant in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
-Good hours (9-5), free snacks, nice office
low pay, repetitive work at times
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Feb 1, 2022 - Associate in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great work life balance, especially during summer
Pay is a bit lower market
- Current Employee★★★★★Jan 13, 2022 - Senior Associate - Asset Management in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Culture here is amazing. Great people.
Pay isn’t great compared to competition.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Mar 8, 2022 - Financial Operations Associate in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
WFH flexibility depending on the team. Good snack room.
Limited opportunities for career advancement (In my experience). Average compensation.
Heitman Reviews FAQs
Heitman has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 59 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at Heitman to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
89% of Heitman employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Heitman 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.