Helen Ross McNabb Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 69 reviews

4.0
Helen Ross McNabb CEO Jerry Vagnier
Jerry Vagnier
Pros
  • "Great benefits, room to grow within the company, great people to work with(in 9 reviews)

• "All staff are motivated to improve the lives of the people we serve(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low Pay and high workloads throughout the spectrum of different positions(in 6 reviews)

• "Management is frequently hired based on license and education in mental health instead of education and experience in management(in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Company, Competitive Pay and Amazing Benefits"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Helen Ross McNabb full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Most of the management staff work at the HRMC with the purpose of propagating the vision of the company which is to "improve the lives of the people we serve". Management that oversee supervisors and direct front line staff are wonderful and supportive. The pay is competitive, the benefits offered make up for the salary and the environment overall is nurturing and warm.

Cons

The administrative staff can tend to be disconnected from the front line staff. Overall the culture is positive though.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring people with a passion for "improving the lives of the people we serve. Encourage long time staff that have lost that along the way to find it or move on to something else. It only takes a few negative people to shift the culture that has been worked so hard for.

2. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Youth Advocate Specialist

I worked at Helen Ross McNabb full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

-PTO -Health Benefits -Work Environment -Yearly Bonuses

Cons

I don't have any cons from my department.

3. "Toxic work environment"

I worked at Helen Ross McNabb full-time for more than a year

Pros

Gave you a chance to work up in the company

Cons

Management did not care about employees.

Helen Ross McNabb Response

March 12, 2019Sr Director of Administrative Services

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We strive for excellence both in treatment of clients and employees. When any employee leaves HRMC, we offer an opportunity to take part in an exit interview either online or in person so that we may learn from your experiences, either positive ...

4. "Director"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Helen Ross McNabb full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

The Helen Ross McNabb Center is a wonderful company to work for, that values their clients and employees.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

Advice to Management

None

5. "Master's Level Clinician"

Current Employee - Master's Level Clinician

I have been working at Helen Ross McNabb full-time for more than a year

Pros

HRMC is a great company. As an employee, I feel valued and as though my supervisors have an interest in my own professional career growth. As an outpatient therapist, I am able to choose the theoretical approach that is best for the client and participate and co-lead weekly team meetings to provide the most comprehensive support for the client and one another as colleagues. I believe I am making a difference in the work...

Cons

HRMC rewards for longevity, and it can be a challenge as a new employee b/c there are some perks and benefits that cannot be received until working with the company for at least one year.

6. "Nurse Team Lead"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Helen Ross McNabb full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Promotions from within the company Support of upper management Team Work Health Insurance Ability to work one on one with clients Excellent retirement contribution by the company

Cons

No cons for me. I would recommend anyone interested in a career with mental health clients be aware it can be strenuous emotionally and physically so employees must maintain self care and a positive attitude.

Advice to Management

Continue recognizing hard workers

7. "Children Services"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Helen Ross McNabb full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Excellent benefits, job experience, and opportunities for advancement

Cons

Limited service area to just East Tennessee

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage staff growth and community improvement.

8. "Services Coordinator"

I have been working at Helen Ross McNabb full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

HRMC is a very stable non-profit. The upper management honors employees and puts in real effort to take care of employees. Clients come first, and everyone is focused on serving clients well.

Cons

I love working for HRMC.

9. "Fantastic Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Helen Ross McNabb full-time

Pros

I really enjoy that there is such a therapeutic work environment in the program I work in. I feel like my supervisors genuinely care about me and my well being, and they do what they can to support me. I felt like there was a well paced onboarding process when I joined, and my supervisor was diligent in making sure I was properly trained on all the duties listed in my job description. I have found that all my co-workers...

Cons

The pay is a little lower for some jobs, but it's because the center is a non-profit organization, so they don't have the funds to match some competitive rates.

Advice to Management

Just make sure that you continue to support your staff members, and make sure that everyone feels valued! I know that my program does, but if that isn't the case for all of them, that would be my advice. Happy employees stay.

10. "Accounts Payable Specialist"

Current Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Helen Ross McNabb full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Knowing that no matter what position you hold at HRMC you are one of many working together as a team to help improve the lives of others. Amazing coworkers that are like family to me. Too many to list, but HRMC has some of the best benefits that I have ever received throughought my 34 year career of working various other jobs.

Cons

Hearing the real life stories & struggles that some of our clients have faced in their past, present and/or will be facing in their future weighs heavy on my heart. It can be very stressful at times, but the pros of working for HRMC far outweigh the cons.

Advice to Management

When you are considering someone for employment think to yourself "Would I want/trust this person to take care of my family member if they were a client at HRMC"

Found 69 reviews