Helen of Troy Director Reviews | Glassdoor

Helen of Troy CEO Julien Mininberg
Julien Mininberg

"Great Place to Work !"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong Leadership and Senior management! Excellent strategy and commitment to growth. Always working to get better- focused on the people and developing a winning culture.

Cons

Company branding could be stronger. They are working on it in all the right places. This is a great company and it should be better known in the Industry

Advice to Management

Continue to execute on your winning strategy!

Helen of Troy2018-09-21

September 27, 2018HR Specialist

Thank you for your review and sharing your feedback and experience with us. We value your comments and the time you took to share with us!

2. "1 Year at Hydro Flask"

Current Employee - Sales Director in Bend, OR

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I have worked many places and am thrilled to work for a company (Hydro Flask & Helen of Troy) that puts a huge emphasis in ensuring a great corporate culture . The business is challenging, but fun, and the atmosphere serious and yet relaxed. As I have repeated often, I really have no complaints.

Cons

The only thing I could think of is the speed we are moving. It is solely a result of unbelievably fast growth and as mentioned before, while challenging, it's also fun.

Advice to Management

Keep culture as an important piece of the puzzle. I know you do, but someday there could be a time where it becomes difficult. That's when it will be needed most.

Helen of Troy2018-05-16

May 17, 2018HR Specialist

"Fast Paced and great potential to grow!"

Current Employee - Director in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

There is a lot of upward potentials to grow and develop. New management wants to hear what solutions you have to bring rather than drive down edicts. There is a strong and structured culture of respect, integrity, and continuous improvement.

Cons

There are still some old tribal knowledge villages that need to be renovated. Some groups still complain about the past without offering solutions for the future.

Advice to Management

Drive more disciplined documentation of policy and procedure. Continue to support the workers who are hungry to grow the business and move it into the next phase of growth.

Helen of Troy2018-02-21

February 22, 2018Senior Manager Talent Acquisition

You have provided some great insight - thank you! We value your comments and the time you took to share with us.

4. "By far the best company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Director in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Wonderful, family oriented culture. No politics, focus is on the work and winning. Best group of people I've ever worked with, many have been together a long time so they are very strong collectively. Always open to the idea of change and have wonderful, diverse group of people. They share the wealth! Healthy company who really does care about people. Company has power brands we're all very proud to work...

Cons

Pay scale lower than is should be in some cases

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on the equal pay issue. Women are on the look-out to get equal pay for equal work more than ever before

Helen of Troy2018-02-02

February 5, 2018Senior Manager Talent Acquisition

We're thrilled to hear about your great experience! Thank you for taking the time to share with us. We truly value your feedback and advice.

5. "P&G style being used now that Gerald Rubin was turned ways as CEO"

Current Employee - Director of Sales in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Promotions from within and room to grow with the company. Knowledge of more than just your job, you will learn- warehouse , customer service , marketing, along with forecasting and accounting and and product design you'll get a great education and also the billing department. It well rounded for a regional or territory or of course the director. Learn the systems and take it upon yourself to take classes which I'm...

Cons

Absolutely ridiculous budgets, where not showing a percentage increase based off of your account, it's done sku level. For example you have a spreadsheet that probably 120 lines he is include all of the new items coming out. The budget the requires gustimates of planogram changing the web for any sort of confirmation. Not only is this a waste of time but The poor people in forecasting use this number with your make-believe,...

Advice to Management

Micromanagement is horrific, sales rep group are in most cases a complete waste of money, selling beauty product never a reason to have 70-year-old man with you selling a Revlon straightener and hairdryer or shampoo

Helen of Troy2017-05-14
  6. "Great Company in El Paso"

Current Employee - Director of Enterprise Applications in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Fast Growing, Opportunities within the company. Great Treatment of employees.

Cons

El Paso not conducive to career growth

Helen of Troy2013-05-20