Found 439 of over 513 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people in my team were great and there was good work" (in 46 reviews)
- "Culture is great and very important to the company" (in 40 reviews)
- "compensation was ok and benefits were good" (in 31 reviews)
- "Great work/life balance" (in 14 reviews)
- "Beauty Team is awesome and I am proud to be part of a team that helps create Beauty for the world!" (in 14 reviews)
- "Still some gaps of poor leadership" (in 11 reviews)
- "poor location and management" (in 11 reviews)
- "Upper management is not approachable." (in 8 reviews)
- "Low salary increases" (in 8 reviews)
- "Frequent layoffs and closing entire departments/offices esp in El Paso and Irvine Horrible salary gaps and lowball market adjustments Refusal to update outdated tools and equipment Spyware, open floor office spaces creates mistrust and toxic environment Wait for the company to stabilize before applying, if it ever does." (in 6 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Helen of Troy and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWJan 8, 2023Operations ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearOlive Branch, MS
Some of the best reasons to work at Helen of Troy is the sincere concern for the health and wellbeing of the employees within the organization. Industry leading wages, benefits, incentives and upward mobility opportunities from a career perspective. The overall culture is very positive, genuine from day one and very unorthodox in relation to the concept of " being yourself". As an industry leader Helen of Troy is constantly growing with acquisitions providing reassurance to employees as to what the direction of the organization is.
At the current time I haven't experienced anything that would be considered a con within Helen of Troy.2
- 5.0Oct 19, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
People Centric, inclusive culture and overall positive and welcoming environment. Creative mindsets are valued!
Growing pains, adapting new technology and transformation to continuing being the industry leader.
- 2.0Oct 17, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 10 years
Stayed afloat during Covid Good benefits like PTO, 401k, insurance Good severance pkgs for layoffs Good work/life balance CEO was great. He will be missed.
Has become unrecognizable from the stable, positive environment it used to be. Morale is rock bottom and culture pretty much extinct. Frequent shifts on promises. COO's onboaring has been chaos and led to massive loss of employees. She doesn't engage employees on a personal level like current CEO does and most don't trust her. Frequent layoffs and closing entire departments/offices esp in El Paso and Irvine Horrible salary gaps and lowball market adjustments Refusal to update outdated tools and equipment Spyware, open floor office spaces creates mistrust and toxic environment Wait for the company to stabilize before applying, if it ever does.5
- 5.0Nov 14, 2023Accounts Payable SpecialistCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearCortez, CO
They are very in touch with their employees. Definitely work hard to get a good work-home life balance. They always seem to strive to create a way to have fun and work at the same time.
I can't think of any.
- 1.0May 11, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
Prestigious brands, proud of the brands in the portfolio
Last year no bonuses were paid out. As a company that values their employees, any amount shows appreciation. People depend on this as a part of their compensation package. To pour salt on the wound, it was dropped on us today, that we will be required to go back to the office 3 times a week. So not only do we get the compensation we depend on, now we also get minimized work-life balance. Many of the newer employees left prior companies with the understanding positions would either be fully or primarily remote. People have moved further from cities to enjoy a better work life balance, no only to have to spend more time in transit and less time with family. Shame on Helen of Troy for touting care for wellbeing of employees. It has been proven over the last 3 years that productivity is not diminished by remote working, if anything happy employees are more committed employees. This must be in person mind set is a thing of the past. Get with it HOT6
- 4.0Oct 23, 2023National Sales ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsNew York, NY
Entrepreneurial organization, innovative products & fast-paced environment
Department silo's, lack of focus and strategy from top-down
- 5.0Aug 28, 2023Sales ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Dedicated and knowledgeable team members, and a product portfolio of brands that cannot be beat. Systems are all functioning and organized, and the company has a great vision for the future.
None at the moment. Remote work is tough to not meet colleagues in person more often.
- 5.0Aug 21, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
-supportive and collaborative work environment -abundant career growth and development opportunities -healthy work-life balance -commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
-none that I've encountered during my time here.
- 1.0Jul 21, 2023Senior LeadershipCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsEl Paso, TX
Still a few good people left but they are extremely frustrated.
Senior leaders no longer cares or knows how or they are unwilling to connect with their teams the way they did starting 2016. The MS warehouses showed us how to do it the right way in 2016 and we built from that momentum. You allowed one of the catalyst of that movement leave in 2022.
Helen of Troy Reviews FAQs
Helen of Troy has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 513 reviews left anonymously by employees. 76% of employees would recommend working at Helen of Troy to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.
76% of Helen of Troy employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Helen of Troy 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.