Helen of Troy Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Helen of Troy CEO Julien Mininberg
Julien Mininberg
Pros
Cons
  • "It's located in El Paso TX and is selling part of the company for which I work in MD(in 7 reviews)

• "There are cliques, is this high school(in 5 reviews)

"Lifelong Opportunity"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chambersburg, PA

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Culture & values start from the top. Leadership is great to work for/with.

Cons

Call center can be a bit noisy at times.

Helen of Troy2019-04-30

May 3, 2019HR Specialist

Thank you for your review - we truly appreciate you sharing your experience.

2. "Great Place"

Former Employee - Product Engineer in New Haven, CT

I worked at Helen of Troy full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great work life balance, with awesome people to work with. Culture is fun and quirky.

Cons

Professional development and upward movement can be slow.

Helen of Troy2019-04-20

May 3, 2019HR Specialist

We appreciate your feedback on your experience. Thank you for taking the time to share with us.

3. "Great People"

Former Employee - Finance

I worked at Helen of Troy full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Their salaries are good; decent benefits and the people at peer-level are great to work with.

Cons

Sometimes they forget what their true mission really is

Advice to Management

More coaching for some senior level mngmt

Helen of Troy2019-04-22

May 3, 2019HR Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback and experience with us. We value your comments and the time you took to share with us!

4. "Negative people keeping others down"

Current Employee - Current Employee in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Good benefits. Good work/life balance.

Cons

Upper management makes big promises then fails to deliver. Very hostile place for those trying to evolve. Seems to be some weird prejudice happening where only non El Pasoans are promoted/recognized, added bonus if you're white. You never know when you're going to be fired despite doing your job well or having seniority. They fire vital people out of nowhere then refuse to replace them so those who remain see their workload...

Advice to Management

Take a look at your priorities. You're giving the people who are inept and cruel all the power while your most loyal workers are kicked aside . You've lost almost half the people over the past 2mos in some depts. Ask why that is.

Helen of Troy2019-05-03

May 6, 2019Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We’re committed to creating a culture where all employees are treated with mutual respect and recognized without any consideration to race or ethnicity. Retaining talent is strategic objective for us, and we’re proud to average ...

"Has changed into a really great place to work"

Current Employee - Product Development in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Interesting, diverse work with enough change and growth opportunity to keep it dynamic. In the last few years, it's really changed into a world class place to work that you would expect at a publicly traded company. You can tell a friend about it and be proud to work there.

Cons

There are still some cliques within the company(mostly in certain offices) but it's quickly changing.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on the things that make you proud to work here. Work to make all the divisions equal.

Helen of Troy2019-03-21

March 25, 2019HR Specialist

Thank you for your review and sharing your feedback and experience with us. We value your comments and the time you took to share with us!

6. "Work Enviroment."

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time

Pros

New office space in trendy west side location.

Cons

Micro Managed and siloed departments.

Helen of Troy2019-03-05

March 18, 2019HR Specialist

"Fun, Rewarding Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Product Engineer

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great people Lots of creativity Plenty of opportunity for growth but you must seek it out yourself Flexible and laid back environment

Cons

A bit disorganized, however this is improving as of late

Helen of Troy2019-02-10

February 19, 2019HR Specialist

"Intern at the Helen of Troy OXO branch"

Former Employee - Engineering Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Helen of Troy for more than a year

Pros

The OXO branch has a very strong sense of pride in the company and it shows in the work that they do. OXO fosters a collaborative environment and it is extremely beneficial. As an Intern, I was given meaningful work and gained a lot of experience. I had a lot of fun too connecting with the other interns and the full-time employees. My manager, Noah, was really approachable and super helpful.

Cons

The parent company, Helen of Troy, was trying out a new intern program in which they connect all the interns to one another. I thought the program had very good intentions but could use a bit of ironing out. I am sure that with the feedback provided that it can only improve.

Advice to Management

Please continue to foster a positive environment for the interns. I felt very welcomed and would love to see that continue. Also when job opportunities arise do not forget about us!

Helen of Troy2019-01-03

January 8, 2019HR Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience with us an intern. We value your comments and the time you took to share with us!

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time

Pros

OXO is a very creative place to work with a great work/life balance. The people at OXO are hard working and great to work with.

Cons

I've worked in product development for a few years and in the past 1 to 2 years there have been many changes, but not all good. The workplace has always been very flat and continues to be that way. Senior management micromanages and because they have been working for OXO for many years, this doesn't seem likely to change. The company culture has changed a lot. With many new employees, it has become more corporate with...

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when they continuously express their dissatisfaction on how the company has changed. We are asked opinions often but they never seem to be addressed.

Helen of Troy2018-12-28

January 8, 2019HR Specialist

"Great Company and Experience People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Helen of Troy is a great company to work at! The brands are great and company culture is fun and relaxed. There are lots of people with great experience that have worked at P&G, Gillette, and other big companies which makes it great if you are a young professional as you can learn a whole lot. There is a lot of cross-functional work, which allows you to learn about different aspects of the business.

Cons

Location of the Marlborough office is far from the main city (Boston)

Advice to Management

Continue offering training opportunities and provide career advancement opportunities so that employees have a clear idea of what they can be working towards.

Helen of Troy2018-12-18