Helen of Troy Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Helen of Troy CEO Julien Mininberg
Julien Mininberg

1. "P&G style being used now that Gerald Rubin was turned ways as CEO"

Current Employee - Director of Sales in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Promotions from within and room to grow with the company. Knowledge of more than just your job, you will learn- warehouse , customer service , marketing, along with forecasting and accounting and and product design you'll get a great education and also the billing department. It well rounded for a regional or territory or of course the director.

Learn the systems and take it upon yourself to take classes which I'm sure they'll pay for which include intermediate and advanced Excel, and PowerPoint , become an asset, become the person people need to go to because you know how to do it . you'll find that people will be coming to you for question promotion happen quickly

Fair to good cafeteria for the employees with reasonable prices

Heat work now separate, don't use your work phone for personal calls putting hair. They have full actor who your laptop all of your Internet activity and use Geo location

Cons

Absolutely ridiculous budgets, where not showing a percentage increase based off of your account, it's done sku level. For example you have a spreadsheet that probably 120 lines he is include all of the new items coming out. The budget the requires gustimates of planogram changing the web for any sort of confirmation. Not only is this a waste of time but The poor people in forecasting use this number with your make-believe, Best guess and actually order the products from China and your held to it!

Budgets are completely ignored as an example you could say that bed bath and beyond Will show a 3 percent increase based off of additional sku or higher pricing of pain. A planogram is a living and breathing potential constantly changing The matter of what is on the wall

Vice President and executive vice president have Donald Trump ego's. The show who lives in the Boston area after Mr. Ruben with work though never made himself or his family move to El Paso Texas.

Advice to Management

Micromanagement is horrific, sales rep group are in most cases a complete waste of money, selling beauty product never a reason to have 70-year-old man with you selling a Revlon straightener and hairdryer or shampoo

2. "Une entreprise où chacun peut faire la différence"

Current Employee - Trade Marketing Manager in Lausanne (Switzerland)
    Current Employee - Trade Marketing Manager in Lausanne (Switzerland)

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bonne ambiance; business oriented; pas trop grosse encore (ambiance moyenne entreprise), peu de "politique". des marques intéressantes (modèle licensing); forte autonomie, forte influence de chacun sur le business; bonne vision du PDG, équipes compétentes (souvent venues de grosses boites amener leur savoir faire

Cons

Grandit trop vite, manque de ressources (budget, humain, outil), peu stratégique (à la limite du trading), les yeux plus grand que le ventre (encore le problème de moyens). Management à la hollandaises très économe.

Advice to Management

Avoir les moyens de ses ambitions, être réaliste

3. "Warehouse"

Current Employee - Warehouse in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Warehouse in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Everything the company offers for us employees

Cons

Wages, and a very low salary cap for us warehouse workers. A lot of us working above and beyond and management never seem to notice through out the years

Advice to Management

😟😰😐🙁😩😒

5. "NA"

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time

Pros

Good team management.but have some limitations.

Cons

bad benefits.401k less and insurance is bad

Advice to Management

NA

6. "Its OK"

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time

Pros

Great People, location and city

Cons

poor management, people skills and project management

Advice to Management

Get Training

7. "HOT"

Former Employee - Consumer Warranty Claims Representative/Customer Service in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

none to advise at this time

8. "A Job"

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time

Pros

Cafeteria, Basketball Court, Intelligent CEO

Cons

No Leadership Support, Communication Lacking

Advice to Management

Leadership support is lacking in the Beauty sector. Several teams have put into place managers and leaders that are either under-qualified for their position or not qualified at all. This hinders the employees from getting their job done quickly and efficiently. Often times a project goes back and fourth for so long it holds production. Jobs are met with an "I don't know, ask this person". There is a "Too many cooks in the kitchen" scenario that plays out on all fronts, creating so much chaos at the top the actual work that needs to get done often falls by the wayside to debating how something should look. This leaves a lack of communication to the employee actually trying to produce. The leaders for these employees also take no action to help better the situation leaving the employee to take it upon themselves. No trust is given to the workers at hand and all trust falls to the managers that often don't in fact know anything about their position. So it creates a snowball effect passing jobs from one manager to another. The debate often leaves an unappealing look to projects, when leadership sees the final results they are often unhappy, however the blame never falls on the debating management, it falls to the employee who submitted the work as directed. No responsibility is taken for any decision made; to save face. This happens all the way up to the top. A serious look at the way things are run by leaders in this sector is needed.

"None"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Helen of Troy (More than 10 years)

Pros

I work with great people, some of the greatest minds in Engineering and Innovation. This company is soaring & can't be stopped.

Cons

The cons I'll keep to myself.

10. "Helen of Troy"

Former Employee - Human Resources in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Human Resources in El Paso, TX

Pros

it's not a good place to work

Cons

no leadship so ever in helen of troy

11. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Director of Consumer Relations in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Director of Consumer Relations in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I currently work for Helen of Troy in the Health and Home division. We are located in Massachusetts and work in close collaboration with our business partners here in the US and globally. Our culture consists of many positive attributes. If I had to pick the top two that exemplifies who we are, I would say we are Inclusive and Innovative.

It is important to me that I work for a company that values all employees. Not only for our different backgrounds but for our individual talents, too. At Helen of Troy, everyone plays an important role. Working here feels like you are on a real team. Employees collaborate and take the time to understand each other’s roles and how our responsibilities, when paired together, yield positive results for our consumer. Through this information sharing comes knowledge and the opportunity to grow.

Our Chief Executive Officer meets with us often and is visible. Our Senior Executives are present and communicate with all levels of the organization. We know each other professionally, and honestly, that feels good.

The company shares the spirit of Innovation. All employees are encouraged to share their ideas and are considered part of the larger team. It is truly a great feeling to know that each of us play a vital role and that our leadership fosters an innovative and inclusive environment.

Helen of Troy is a great place to work!

Cons

No cons to working here. There is a lot of opportunity to learn and grow.

Advice to Management

Continue fostering an environment of information sharing and a culture of growth and development.