Helen of Troy Reviews | Glassdoor

Helen of Troy CEO Julien Mininberg
Julien Mininberg
  1. "VP"

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people and consumer brands

Cons

Limited opportunities in some areas due to the size of the company

Advice to Management

Continue investing in the business and the people.

Helen of Troy2018-02-04

February 5, 2018Senior Manager Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We value your feedback and appreciate the time you have taken to share it.

2. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time

Pros

Professional and collaborative work environment, good work-life balance, great culture and always improving!

Cons

There aren't any at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employee feedback.

Helen of Troy2018-02-02

February 5, 2018Senior Manager Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us.

3. "Hydro Flask is hands down the best place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bend, OR

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hydro Flask is hands down the best place to work. They hire top-quality talent. There are so many amazing benefits - Friday lunches each week, medical, dental, vision, AIP, very generous vacation and sick time, dogs are allowed in the office, flex scheduling and seriously so much more! Everyone is aligned with the same goal – Save the world from Lukewarm. Coworkers are like family and the culture is amazing. HF is such...

Cons

A con can be the fast-paced work environment. I personally love the speed of the company.

Advice to Management

Sometimes it is hard to see where you are going - what is the next step in your career. Make sure you are having those conversations with your employees.

Helen of Troy2018-02-02

February 5, 2018Senior Manager Talent Acquisition

Glad to hear that you're happy here! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and valuable feedback with us.

4. "Awesome place to work! #freedomfromlukewarm"

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The primary factor which makes working at any company great, are the people. Hydro Flask has managed to bring together some of the best and most talented people in the industry. With that, a thriving culture of work hard, play hard has been created. Everyday at HF typically brings a new and interesting challenge. Being part of a team that makes great products which help people become healthier and happier versions of...

Cons

At times, it can be difficult to work only 2 miles from one of the most popular trailheads in Bend. Rapid growth can also be a challenge. Hydro Flask continues to do their best at maturing honestly, organically and efficiently. Change is hard and as a relatively young company, HF is doing their best to navigate the sometimes choppy waters of a rapidly growing organization.

Advice to Management

Continue to consider the "why" of each product made. Put the product first, as the product is the physical manifestation and promise to the customer. It must uphold the Hydro Flask mission and core values.

Helen of Troy2017-12-21
  5. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic culture, great co-workers, talented Executive Team, great products. Talented employees are valued and advanced.

Cons

None that I have seen so far.

Helen of Troy2017-11-29

"Best company I've worked for!"

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are what make this place incredible. Our teams have smart, talented and passionate people the bring our office and brand to life. A lot of companies tout a "great culture" but that has to start from the people within. We're very lucky to have that organically.

Cons

Being a young company that is learning how to navigate huge growth has it growing pains, and is a lot of work for everyone involved.

Advice to Management

Continue to find and hire top quality people, it makes all the difference.

Helen of Troy2017-11-27

"The Standard by which all future employers will be judged"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome place to work. People are friendly, in good spirits, with generally positive attitude. All the coffee you could want, an amazing kitchen where lots of people get together and laugh for lunch. A few company outings every year, groups that play soccer, or basketball, or volleyball, or board games! Relocations within the company are voluntary, I've seen no back-stabbing or anything like that.

Cons

It has finally grown to the size where you really don't know everyone's name. It was bound to happen with a company that's growing at this rate. Until very recently they were still pretending it was "small," but they seem to have realized and are making gentle adjustments to the structure, for the better, I think.

Advice to Management

Keep it fun. If people don't like their job, you'd better pay them well if you want them to stick around!

Helen of Troy2017-01-10
  8. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Director of Consumer Relations in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time for more than a year

Pros

I currently work for Helen of Troy in the Health and Home division. We are located in Massachusetts and work in close collaboration with our business partners here in the US and globally. Our culture consists of many positive attributes. If I had to pick the top two that exemplifies who we are, I would say we are Inclusive and Innovative. It is important to me that I work for a company that values all employees....

Cons

No cons to working here. There is a lot of opportunity to learn and grow.

Advice to Management

Continue fostering an environment of information sharing and a culture of growth and development.

Helen of Troy2016-12-05
  9. "I loved working at HOT!"

Former Employee - Demand Analyst in El Paso, TX

I worked at Helen of Troy full-time for more than a year

Pros

They really take care of their employees, great benefits. The pay is good if you consider you're in El Paso, it is bad if you're coming from a big city and you compare, but if you're a local you'll find out that they pay actually above average from current wages in the area.

Cons

It isn't as easy to go up on the employment ladder, but, isn't it like that everywhere else? :)

Helen of Troy2016-10-19
  10. "Traffic Clerk"

Current Employee - Traffic & Shipping Clerk in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Helen of Troy for more than 5 years

Pros

Helen Of Troy is a great company to work for.The compensation was finally raised and the company has excellent benefits.

Cons

However the process of getting hired from temp - perm is rather long and the overtime is not as much as it use to be. But now at least you know what time you are going home.

Advice to Management

Since the new managers and directors have been here, there's really no advice to give. I think they are doing an awesome job in leading the company where they need to go.

Helen of Troy2016-09-19