Helen of Troy "company culture" Reviews | Glassdoor

Helen of Troy Employee Reviews about "company culture"

Found 146 reviews

4.1
Helen of Troy CEO Julien Mininberg
Julien Mininberg
Pros
Cons
  • "It's located in El Paso TX and is selling part of the company for which I work in MD(in 7 reviews)

• "There are cliques, is this high school(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "company culture"

Return to all Reviews

"Great Company and Experience People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Helen of Troy is a great company to work at! The brands are great and company culture is fun and relaxed. There are lots of people with great experience that have worked at P&G, Gillette, and other big companies which makes it great if you are a young professional as you can learn a whole lot. There is a lot of cross-functional work, which allows you to learn about different aspects of the business.

Cons

Location of the Marlborough office is far from the main city (Boston)

Advice to Management

Continue offering training opportunities and provide career advancement opportunities so that employees have a clear idea of what they can be working towards.

Helen of Troy2018-12-18

January 8, 2019HR Specialist

Thank you for your review and sharing your feedback and experience with us. We value your comments and the time you took to share with us!

"It's called OXO"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time

Pros

First of all, I'd like to clarify because the listing is super confusing - I don't work for Helen of Troy, I work for OXO. Helen of Troy is OXO's parent company based in El Paso, and they can often be very corporate and out of touch (eg: this Glassdoor page). However, OXO is completely based in New York City, has between 100-150 employees, operates fairly independently at the day-to-day level, and has a great company...

Cons

It's a pretty flat organization so there's not always a clear upward path, and the leadership of OXO no longer seems to trust the individual product teams to make their own decisions, resulting in bottlenecks, redesigns, and wasted time.

Advice to Management

Listen. Larry, I've sat in meeting after meeting with you where you talk more than you listen - please, please respect the people who work for you enough that you can listen to their opinion and trust in their expertise, rather than requiring them to check in with you for your decision on every single thing.

Helen of Troy2018-10-17
  3. "I love working at Hydro Flask!"

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time

Pros

Awesome co-workers that feel like family; wonderful company culture and work-life balance; company commitment to process and personnel improvement; great sense of team; supportive and empowering management team; free lunch Fridays and delicious beverages on tap; dog friendly office; proximity to outdoor activities and encouragement to get out there and enjoy nature before and after work as well as at lunch time

Cons

fast pace of growth has caused some growing pains, but nothing out of the ordinary. It feels like the team is responding well to challenges and continuously working to improve processes and find efficiencies.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on development of managers as well as on resourcing and empowering teams develop innovative product, produce thoughtful and innovative marketing assets and and find new and innovative ways to sell our product and protect the world from lukewarm!

Helen of Troy2018-02-08

February 22, 2018Senior Manager Talent Acquisition

We're so glad you're happy here! Thank you for taking time to share your experience and advice.

4. "All-Around Best in Class Company"

Current Employee - Ingenious Department in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Company culture is hardworking and caring professionals. Everyone strives to make the company a better place by setting and accomplishing goals. Projects are logically and professionally planned out and managed. Production is efficiently streamlined by keeping open lines of communication between the various departments. Each employee possesses a unique skill or expertise in their field. This and many other contributing...

Cons

Very little to none. Not much wiggle room for upward movement at this time. Some departments operate at a slower pace than others depending on the project. Management is always open to new ideas and suggestions, but often lacks the ability to execute and follow thru. Be prepared for occasional extra hours for tight deadlines or last-minute projects. Personnel cuts have placed added pressure on some of the divisions to...

Advice to Management

A quick chat once or twice a month about performance improvement, accomplishments, setting goals, professional advice, or even a "share and tell" is a great way to get to know each of your employee's strengths and weaknesses.

Helen of Troy2018-02-07

February 22, 2018Senior Manager Talent Acquisition

This is really great feedback! We appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.

"Senior Soft Goods Developer"

Former Employee - Senior Soft Goods Developer in Bend, OR

I worked at Helen of Troy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company Culture, most people and their dogs. Beer on tap, coffee on tap and kombucha. Free lunch on Fridays.

Cons

Mostly male inexperienced and unprofessional people managers with very little to no emotional intelligence. Lack of direction for long-term category growth. Lack of reliable supply chain for soft goods categories.

Advice to Management

Hire more diverse. People of color, women and don't just throw people away once you've relocated them in under a year... really reflects poorly in your community and in the outdoor industry.

Helen of Troy2018-02-01

February 5, 2018Senior Manager Talent Acquisition

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback with us. We truly value transparency and honesty with our current and former employees - through this, we can improve and continue to make Helen of Troy a great place to work.

"Great culture, lack in employee value/growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great company culture — seasonal team outings, open office environment, full kitchen at your disposal and for product testing. Very laid-back. Design some great, iconic products.

Cons

Many people at OXO are old-timers (been there since day one). However, their time at the company doesn't reflect in their job performance and they are still kept around. This makes doing your job very difficult when others don't meet you halfway, if at all.

Advice to Management

Value your employees more.

Helen of Troy2016-07-26