KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Helen of Troy Employee Reviews about "helen of troy"

Updated Dec 1, 2021

Helen of Troy CEO Julien Mininberg
Julien Mininberg

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Helen of Troy and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "helen of troy"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing company and culture!

Dec 1, 2021 - Health and Wellness Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Joining the Helen of Troy team was one of the best decisions I have ever made. The Interview and onboarding process was seamless and exceeded my expectations. I even received a very thoughtful new hire care package. It is great to be part of a company that cares about the wellbeing of their employees and consistently makes it know with actions. Great pay/benefits, professional development/training opportunities and just overall great people.

Cons

I can't think of any at this time.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great

Oct 19, 2021 - Staff Accountant in El Paso, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

A great place to work at

Cons

I had no Cons for Helen of Troy

3. 5.0

Awesome Company!

Aug 27, 2021 - Executive Assistant in El Paso, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Even though we are a large company, it feels like we are a small united family. And that has been so on point these last eighteen months working from home. The company support has been outstanding and I look forward to many more years working with my Helen of Troy Family.

Cons

I don't see any downsides working at Helen of Troy.

4. 5.0

Great people!

Jul 6, 2021 - Director in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked in the OXO office of Helen of Troy for over 10 years. It's been a great experience. OXO has incredibly supportive coworkers and leaders, a beautiful office, competitive benefits and compensation, and opportunities to advance. At the corporate level, our CEO has done an excellent job create a positive culture throughout the organization and to encourage connections between the many different brands under Helen of Troy.

Cons

We're early in our DE&I efforts. I'm optimistic about where we're going, but we have some work to do there.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    KEY NOT FOUND: jobLine.reserve-current

great company

Jun 15, 2021 - Senior Operations Manager in Southaven, MS
    Business Outlook

Pros

great company to work for

Cons

i dont have cons for Helen of Troy

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

I didn't want to like working here but I ended up loving it.

Apr 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started at Helen of Troy in their Health & Home division as a contractor. I was taking a beat to decide the next steps in my career and was happy to help them on an initiative they needed support driving. But I definitely didn't want to work for them. Nope. I wasn't going to drive from Boston to Marlborough every day for a job that was in an office park. No way. No how. Funnily enough, I started really liking that office park. Well, not the park as much as the people, and the culture, and the way that company is working on evolving and moving with the times. Leadership listens to its employees and is open to transforming the business rather than doing what we have always done. They are open to seeing where the gaps are in our current ways of working and look to the entire team to help fill them. The cultural values are really strong and lived by the majority of the employees. But the real clincher for me was when they had a meeting to recognize people for their years of service. The division CEO, without notes, spoke about each individual. While I'm sure he had help figuring out what to say from their managers, the point is, he took the time to learn from that and speak without reading from a cue card. People come first.

Cons

No company is perfect. Growth tracts aren't totally clear. Often times it seems like someone needs to leave before someone can get a promotion.

Helen of Troy Response

Talent Brand Specialist

We appreciate your thoughtful and insightful review. It's great to hear about your experience in our Marlborough, MA location. "People come first," we couldn't agree with you more!

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Supports growth and professional improvement

Apr 19, 2021 - Trade Show Specialist in Bend, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Helen of Troy promotes internal growth, invest in their employees, encourages professional improvement and is implementing Diversity Equity and Inclusion. Helen of Troy incentivies healthy habits, encourages positive development across all levels of management and employees. This company is open to systems improvement and seem to listen to employee feedback.

Cons

Communication across brands can be a challenge. Processes can change as the company strives to develop more efficiency which can be a bit cumbersome.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Company to work for!

Mar 19, 2021 - Vendor Compliance Analyst in El Paso, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Helen of Troy is one the most sought out companies to work for, and I've been lucky enough to be here for 24 years. They really take care of their employees. Great Benefits, professional, and family oriented company.

Cons

Need to encourage better communication between management.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Helen of Troy is a Great Company to work for!

Mar 25, 2021 - Sales Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Helen of Troy has a workplace culture that lives every day. They respect their employees and are fair and flexible.

Cons

I can't think of any Cons.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee

DO NOT EVER GET INVOLVED WITH HELEN OF TROY

Apr 16, 2021 - Senior Marketing Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

They had a 401K plan

Cons

Most of the people who work there are completely incompetent. In order to get my 401K moved over to my new 401K account, I need to change my name as it was legally changed when I got married. Per Fidelity, this is something Helen of Troy needs to edit in their system, but HR is refusing to help because I am no longer an active employee, despite the terms of my leaving specifically stated that they would maintain my account including the fees associated with it until I had a new 401K account to roll it into.

3 people found this review helpful

Helen of Troy Response

Talent Brand Specialist

Hi There - we have received your message on another platform and have contacted you to help resolve any issues regarding your 401k roll over. We're eager to address this situation as soon as possible.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 48 Reviews

Company Updates

Logo

41 days ago

Company News
Helen of Troy has released its second annual Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Report! Helen of Troy CEO, Julien Mininberg, commented, "We continued our ESG journey in fiscal 2022, setting our strategy and targets, and began to execute more broadly across our business and organization. We are encouraged by the feedback we received from our stakeholders and proud of our progress over the last year." Learn more at our dedicated ESG webpage in the link below
Shared image - https://www.helenoftroy.com/esg
www.helenoftroy.com

Helen of Troy Photos

+ Add Photo
Helen of Troy photo of: Wellness Champions at the 2019 Wellness Summit in Mississippi office
Helen of Troy photo of: Associates in Chambersburg , PA participate in the Gleaning Project volunteer event
Helen of Troy photo of: OXO associate participates in volunteer event
Helen of Troy photo of: OXO associates participate in volunteer event
Helen of Troy photo of: OXO associate participates in volunteer event

Glassdoor has 427 Helen of Troy reviews submitted anonymously by Helen of Troy employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Helen of Troy is right for you.