Helen of Troy "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Helen of Troy Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Found 146 reviews

4.1
Helen of Troy CEO Julien Mininberg
Julien Mininberg
Pros
Cons
  • "It's located in El Paso TX and is selling part of the company for which I work in MD(in 7 reviews)

• "There are cliques, is this high school(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Place"

Former Employee - Product Engineer in New Haven, CT

I worked at Helen of Troy full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great work life balance, with awesome people to work with. Culture is fun and quirky.

Cons

Professional development and upward movement can be slow.

Helen of Troy2019-04-20

May 3, 2019HR Specialist

We appreciate your feedback on your experience. Thank you for taking the time to share with us.

2. "Negative people keeping others down"

Current Employee - Current Employee in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Good benefits. Good work/life balance.

Cons

Upper management makes big promises then fails to deliver. Very hostile place for those trying to evolve. Seems to be some weird prejudice happening where only non El Pasoans are promoted/recognized, added bonus if you're white. You never know when you're going to be fired despite doing your job well or having seniority. They fire vital people out of nowhere then refuse to replace them so those who remain see their workload...

Advice to Management

Take a look at your priorities. You're giving the people who are inept and cruel all the power while your most loyal workers are kicked aside . You've lost almost half the people over the past 2mos in some depts. Ask why that is.

Helen of Troy2019-05-03

May 6, 2019Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We’re committed to creating a culture where all employees are treated with mutual respect and recognized without any consideration to race or ethnicity. Retaining talent is strategic objective for us, and we’re proud to average ...

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time

Pros

OXO is a very creative place to work with a great work/life balance. The people at OXO are hard working and great to work with.

Cons

I've worked in product development for a few years and in the past 1 to 2 years there have been many changes, but not all good. The workplace has always been very flat and continues to be that way. Senior management micromanages and because they have been working for OXO for many years, this doesn't seem likely to change. The company culture has changed a lot. With many new employees, it has become more corporate with...

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when they continuously express their dissatisfaction on how the company has changed. We are asked opinions often but they never seem to be addressed.

Helen of Troy2018-12-28

January 8, 2019HR Specialist

"Good While it lasted"

I worked at Helen of Troy full-time

Pros

great work life balance

Cons

priorities never clear - focus on big money makers only

Helen of Troy2018-10-18

November 1, 2018HR Specialist

Great feedback - thank you for taking the time to share.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time

Pros

-Benefits: health and life insurance, good 401K match, 120 hours of PTO (vacation). -Organizational culture: All kind of events are hosted to create a better work environment: workshops, training, contests, activities, and celebrations. -Company who cares for their employees' work-life balance. -Manages great consumer goods brands.

Cons

-Lack of communication between departments.

Helen of Troy2018-09-17

September 27, 2018HR Specialist

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and our readers. Thank you for your review!

6. "Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Southaven, MS

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Everyday is different from the previous day. The culture shift has been real and I have a healthy work/life balance. I feel free to make business decisions based on what needs to be done

Cons

Sometimes it feels like we work in a 3PL as my customer support is not local and they do not understand the challenges that we have

Advice to Management

More advertising so the community that we serve know more about what we do and what we stand for.

Helen of Troy2018-05-17

May 17, 2018HR Specialist

Really thrilled to hear of your great experience! Thank you for taking the time to share with us.

7. "I love working at Hydro Flask!"

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time

Pros

Awesome co-workers that feel like family; wonderful company culture and work-life balance; company commitment to process and personnel improvement; great sense of team; supportive and empowering management team; free lunch Fridays and delicious beverages on tap; dog friendly office; proximity to outdoor activities and encouragement to get out there and enjoy nature before and after work as well as at lunch time

Cons

fast pace of growth has caused some growing pains, but nothing out of the ordinary. It feels like the team is responding well to challenges and continuously working to improve processes and find efficiencies.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on development of managers as well as on resourcing and empowering teams develop innovative product, produce thoughtful and innovative marketing assets and and find new and innovative ways to sell our product and protect the world from lukewarm!

Helen of Troy2018-02-08

February 22, 2018Senior Manager Talent Acquisition

We're so glad you're happy here! Thank you for taking time to share your experience and advice.

8. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time

Pros

Professional and collaborative work environment, good work-life balance, great culture and always improving!

Cons

There aren't any at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employee feedback.

Helen of Troy2018-02-02

February 5, 2018Senior Manager Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us.

"Used to be good"

Former Employee - Brand Manager in El Paso, TX

I worked at Helen of Troy full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The people in my team were great and there was good work-life balance.

Cons

New management is very disconnected from the needs of the business, consumers and employees. No longer feels like leadership that knows and cares what they're doing now it's more like a dictatorship where no one has any input.

Helen of Troy2015-10-05

"Good Work Life Balance"

I have been working at Helen of Troy full-time

Pros

Cares about work life balance, generally not too political. Still has a lot of spirit. Room for "creating" your own position but not much upward mobility. People are nice and peaceful.

Cons

If you are ambitious, this is not the place for you. If you strive for professionalism, this is not the place for you.

Helen of Troy2015-05-29