KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Helen of Troy Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 6, 2021

Helen of Troy CEO Julien Mininberg
Julien Mininberg

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Helen of Troy and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company. Great culture. Ability to thrive and grow

May 20, 2021 - Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I truly love working here, feel like I have the support and tools to grow and succeed. Rewarded and recognized for efforts. Non Toxic and very inclusive Culture Growth mindset throughout company Consumer focused = winning in the market Great work life balance Excellent mentorship and leadership

Cons

Honestly hard to think of any.. Not enough focus on sustainability/environmental impact

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Positive Culture environment, family friendly and promotes DE&I

Aug 3, 2021 - Benefits Manager in El Paso, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Focused on creating positive work experience, work/life balance generally good, culture values are promoted and heightened at every level. Overall the organization is family-friendly, promotes flexibility and pushing hard on the DE&I objectives. Women are treated fairly and equally to men but there is still room for improvement. The CEO of the organization supports DE&I objectives and is equally invested in the improvement of culture across the organization. It is an excellent organization with some room to grow.

Cons

Overall management and leadership is good, yet it still depends on department /location level leadership. Company-wide message is solid but there is still work to be done to promote excellent leadership practices and develop career growth.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Unhealthy work environment

Aug 10, 2021 - Director of Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

co-workers were great and had lots of talent to collaborate with. Beautiful offices in a great location.

Cons

Upper management was unprofessional. No work-life balance. Unrealistic expectations with little support or direction. No constructive criticism or feedback to improve.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Balance

May 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent work life balance for all levels of associates

Cons

None that are apparent to me

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

25 year anniversary with Helen of Troy

Apr 17, 2021 - Inbound Supervisor in Olive Branch, MS
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a good work/life balance for associates.

Cons

May work long hours and weekends.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great portfolio of products

Apr 15, 2021 - Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, benefits, people

Cons

Career advancement, lack of training

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great experience

Mar 18, 2021 - Senior Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a great culture, core values and openness to making new projects and improvements. The team is very fun and friendly to be around and we have support from one to another.

Cons

Even though work-life balance is highly mentioned and promoted, it is hard to manage it, especially by having meetings and calls on early morning and late nights or weekends.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Mar 1, 2021 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, work life balance, coworkers. It’s an awesome company with products that make a difference

Cons

Lower pay than market but otherwise can’t complain.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

A Great Place to Grow and Thrive

Feb 10, 2021 - Finance in El Paso, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture, leadership, peers, and benefits have greatly impacted my life in a positive way. This has been a great environment to develop in, for all experiences, I am grateful for what was learned. Work/life balance is very top-of-mind. The company has done well not only in performance during the COVID-19 pandemic, but also with how well the work from home policies have been rolled out.

Cons

There are areas where leadership can be very autocratic, resulting in department sub-culture that is out of touch with overall divisional and/or company culture. The health insurance benefits could be better, but are satisfactory.

3 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great management, great team

Jan 28, 2021 - Senior Product Manager in Bend, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Promotes work/life balance, cares for the staff, supports you to get your job done.

Cons

Working through growth pains, need to update some processes and systems.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Reviews

Company Updates

Logo

41 days ago

Company News
Helen of Troy has released its second annual Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Report! Helen of Troy CEO, Julien Mininberg, commented, "We continued our ESG journey in fiscal 2022, setting our strategy and targets, and began to execute more broadly across our business and organization. We are encouraged by the feedback we received from our stakeholders and proud of our progress over the last year." Learn more at our dedicated ESG webpage in the link below
Shared image - https://www.helenoftroy.com/esg
www.helenoftroy.com

Helen of Troy Photos

+ Add Photo
Helen of Troy photo of: Wellness Champions at the 2019 Wellness Summit in Mississippi office
Helen of Troy photo of: Associates in Chambersburg , PA participate in the Gleaning Project volunteer event
Helen of Troy photo of: OXO associate participates in volunteer event
Helen of Troy photo of: OXO associates participate in volunteer event
Helen of Troy photo of: OXO associate participates in volunteer event

Glassdoor has 427 Helen of Troy reviews submitted anonymously by Helen of Troy employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Helen of Troy is right for you.