- Lots of opportunities from the start - From day one you get to travel, meet clients and to take on responsibility.
- Choice of work - HR and operations are good at putting you on projects that you will enjoy and do well in.
- Great company atmosphere - Everybody in the office is great and senior staff are always happy to answer your questions.
Good work/life balance - Directors and principals often questioned you if you were staying past 7pm. Also, staff were encouraged to go for runs and play squash during lunch breaks.
- They provide perks that make a big difference - there is table football in the kitchen, they provide taxis to and from the station and they fund a few staff socials throughout the year.
- Lunch time seminars - Every week somebody would do a half an hour presentation on what they had been working on. Good chance to practice presentation skills and learn about others work.
- The work Helios does is interesting but it is a niche within a niche within a niche so transition may be difficult.
- Most the deliverables are in report format.
- After you have been promoted to consultant from graduate it seems like there is a minimum of a three year wait until you get promoted to Senior Consultant. Also, promotion is on an annual basis (a long time for someone at the start of their career) and the feedback process is very cumbersome.
- Many of the graduates live in London so the commute is long and expensive. It also means there isn't much chance to have a few drinks in Farnborough on a Friday.
Advice to Management
- Add a level or two in between Consultant and Senior Consultant so aspiring graduates can set goals and rise through the ranks.
- Make the review cycle faster and more often.
- Move away from a report as a default template for deliverables.
- London Office? :)
I have been working at Helios full-time (More than 3 years)
Immediate client facing role and early responsibility
Extensive travel mainly in Europe
Small company so can get involved in business development early on
Good work/life balance encouraged
Opportunity for long term placements
Specialist consultancy can be difficult to transition
No overarching methodology to support work
Not ruthless with non performers
Our output is mainly in the form of a written deliverable
Advice to Management
Ensure transition from junior to senior is well managed to retain staff
More effective reward system for high performers
Worldwide opportunities, very supportive environment
None to speak of at all
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?