Heller Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Keith Heller & Jeffrey Appell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A company dedicated to culture"

I have been working at Heller Consulting full-time

Pros

-commitment to professional development and company culture
    -strong leadership and caring management
    -dedication to the nonprofit sector
    -colleagues are supportive and incredibly smart

Cons

- it's a tough job! it's not an easy job, but one that you gain a lot professionally and personally if you put the work into it.

2. "good place to work"

I have been working at Heller Consulting full-time

Pros

Great place to work,encouraging and understanding people

Cons

Salary could be higher as job market is offering more.

3. "I love my job!"

Pros

There are high expectations at our firm in terms of how many hours we are to bill and how much work we need to contribute to each project. However, the pay-off is a super flexible work-schedule, being able to own your work and contribute to your job in ways that are authentic to you as a working professional. The people are great and all have these distinctive qualities; motivated; eager; creative; authentic; hard-working; flexible, diligent; personal; transparent and unique! I have great support from my managers and my Executive team, even in trying and challenging times.

Cons

The work load can be very challenging and it tends to fluctuate during the year. This is all dependent on our project load and Non-profits/Fundraising seasons.

Advice to Management

Continue to celebrate the wins of the firm. Continue to encourage us. Show appreciation in unexpected ways. Keep doing what you are doing. Our firm attracts the right type of people for the right reasons.

4. "Solid Firm"

I worked at Heller Consulting full-time

Pros

Great team, knowledgeable staff, focused leadership

Cons

project work in general carries hazards, sometimes staff is overburdened with work, product direction can be a challenge

Advice to Management

Focus on building a stronger, more loyal team base and keep the client in mind at all times for best outcome!

"A fun company that sincerely cares about its employees and its clients."

Former Employee - Consultant in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Oakland, CA

I worked at Heller Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Heller cares about its employees. Consultants are encouraged to pursue professional development opportunities and given resources to do so. This is a place where you can learn a lot of technical and other skills. This is a place will you will get to use your brain and work out interesting and complex problems on a daily basis.

The office culture is wonderful. Heller employs a group of really smart, fun, and hard-working people. You will love your coworkers! You will also get to work with some amazing organizations and help further the great work that they do.

Cons

Working on numerous projects in tandem can lead to an imbalanced workload. Sometimes you are insanely busy and other times you have a lot less to do.

"Amazing People, Great Work"

I worked at Heller Consulting (More than 8 years)

Pros

This is a company that cares deeply about the people who work there and challenges them to grow not only in their particular job skills, but as people. Cultivating respect and self-awareness are required and paying attention to how you work with others leads to exceptional teamwork for clients. I worked at Heller for nine years and had the opportunity to learn just about every aspect of running a small consulting business. My ideas and concerns were always listened to, even if they weren't always acted on. I've never worked at a place with such a well-cultivated sense of teamwork.

Cons

The industry changes quickly and the business changes with it. Heller is very good at evaluating its options, but if you're someone who is uncomfortable with changing roles and sometimes quickly evolving structures, it can be tough.

Advice to Management

Never lose your focus on the value of intentional team development. It is what makes Heller Consulting such a great place.

7. "Great people, fulfilling work, balanced work and life."

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Denver, CO

I have been working at Heller Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with Heller allows me to do work I enjoy and help nonprofit organizations too. Good balance between a profitable company and nonprofit experience.

Cons

It's an agency feel at times, so there are deadlines for sure. I've had much worse though.

Advice to Management

As you grow, company culture will evolve. Don't force it or let it stagnate, but guide the evolution like nurturing a puppy.

"Great boutique firm. Fantastic colleagues and nonprofit clients."

I have been working at Heller Consulting (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at Heller for a few years. The work is very challenging, but can be extremely rewarding. Almost cliche to say, but my colleagues are the best part of coming to work each day. A close second is the opportunity to work with amazing nonprofit organizations across North America.

Cons

Work can be very challenging. Project-based work is typically very deadline-driven. There are certainly lower-impact jobs out there. This is a job you have to love to do well.

Advice to Management

Continue to conscientiously grow the firm. There is an excellent core group of employees, but we could do more for the sector if we can grow in a sustainable way.

9. "worst place to work"

Pros

there are none for this company

Cons

a host of immoral business tatics. not the friendliest staff

Advice to Management

clean it up

10. "Not Good at Company Management and Treating Employees Well."

I worked at Heller Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Benefits. Flexible Schedule. HQ close to public transportation.

Cons

Lack of advancement. Unorganized company that still believes they are a start up. Bad HR management. Lack of quality people skills. No solid company rules, makes them up as they go. Lack of recognition.

Advice to Management

Promote people into management who have a better skill set and experience. Have a better direction of company policies.