HelloWorld Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
HelloWorld CEO Peter DeNunzio
Peter DeNunzio

Pros
  • The work/life balance at HelloWorld is worth mentioning too, because it's great (in 6 reviews)

• You'll work with some really great people and have opportunities to experiment with lots of cool stuff (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • I've also witnessed favoritism towards individuals who upper management happened to be making sexual advances toward at recent business gatherings (in 11 reviews)

• Work/life balance has gotten much, much better since I started several years ago, but still it seems we are in feast or famine (in 5 reviews)

1. "A Great Company That Genuinely Cares About Its People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at HelloWorld full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

HelloWorld is a solid company with a ton of upside. Management truly cares about our people and wants to see them succeed professionally, and have a balanced life outside of work as well. The company has made major investments in adding very capable, highly competent senior people who bring a wealth of knowledge from larger agencies and who can help HelloWorld continue to evolve our offerings and business strategy.

Cons

Project volume can get heavy at times - a nice problem to have - but our resourcing team does a great job balancing workloads across functions.

Advice to Management

We appreciate you! Please continue executing the vision you've shared and we'll continue to support the company's future direction.

2. "Always Looking Ahead"

Current Employee - Group Account Director in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Group Account Director in Detroit, MI

I have been working at HelloWorld full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company has a very forward-thinking approach. HW is evolving with the times and becomming more strategic and agile

Cons

It's hard to get the necessary team members because of workload and number of projects

Advice to Management

Seems very qualified and innovative. HW has real leadership in place and hopefully new training in agile will help with resources

3. "Couldn't be happier!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at HelloWorld full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hello World is by no exaggeration an amazing place to work. I started a few months ago, and there is so much training, onboarding and support for new hires - you feel excited and invested in all the company is doing. Everyone is so friendly and always willing to help and answer questions, you can't help but feel like everyone is your friend the first time you meet them.
    Through the interview process, everything was clear, quick and professional. I always knew next steps and was communicated with promptly!

Cons

None! Truly. They are flexible, offer great benefits and great pay.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work of listening to your employees and being transparent and supportive.

HelloWorld Response

Dec 20, 2016 – Manager of Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your review - We're so happy you love working here and we are lucky to have you as part of the team!

"Overall OK"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at HelloWorld (Less than a year)

Pros

Clients-first mentality, willing to provide what's needed to meet client needs
    New C-level management disrupted billing/client structure for the better, focusing on quality/long-term clients
    Not flexible in salary, does not increase based on location

Cons

No focus on remote offices
    Extension offices did not compare to home-office in quality
    Terrible team structure - more focus on individual work than a team
    Does not feel like a true agency

Advice to Management

Thanks!

"Your best first and third job"

Current Employee - Interface Developer in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Interface Developer in Southfield, MI

I have been working at HelloWorld full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You get to work with world-class, household name brands. Your opinion matters and can lead to changes. You have a lot of freedom in how you accomplish your tasks. Working from home when needed. People are great and work hard and smart. New building is nice (though it lacks some of the character and style of the old building.) Really good coffee is available to us for free. Good health benefits and time-off package. Pay is good.

Cons

Hectic, at times overwhelming, pace. Demanding clients who at times ask us to do very risky things on the day of launch. Work/life balance has gotten much, much better since I started several years ago, but still it seems we are in feast or famine. One week you will work 40 hours, the next 70 and at times even up to 80+ (if you are willing to do so) but the bad news is you are salaried. The long hours have gotten less frequent in the last few years, though, at least for this developer. Training to stay current on technologies is up to you, there's no company-provided training on technical topics.

Advice to Management

We are in an industry that constantly adapts and changes. Your developers need to stay current with the technology so that your products are easier to sell. Invest in the education of your production employees.

"Simply the best"

Current Employee - Training & Development in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Training & Development in Southfield, MI

I have been working at HelloWorld part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people, the opportunity to do what I'm good at, opportunity to try new things, my voice is heard here, my opinion matters, change starts with me, I can do great things here, high profile client roster, fun and invigorating culture, friendly and supportive team members.

Cons

So much to do and sometimes not enough hours in the day.

"Good Place to Start"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I have been working at HelloWorld full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you're hungry and want to learn digital, fast, this is a good place to start out.

Cons

Workload is not evenly distributed, so it's easy to burn out.

"Outstanding company to work for!"

Current Employee - Producer in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Producer in Southfield, MI

I have been working at HelloWorld full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I feel very lucky to be employed at such a wonderful company. The leadership is top-notch and this company is very good at putting the right people in the right positions. The work is great; clients are awesome. Company culture is amazing; flexibility is better than any other company I've seen. The people here make it such a great place to work for. The senior leadership is excellent.

Cons

Honestly, there aren't many. Pay is competitive and it doesn't take that long to be promoted. I can't think of anything that I would change.

Advice to Management

Amazing job! Kudos to Peter, the CEO, and his thought leadership. He is leading this company to be the most successful and well-respected in our industry.

10. "Work hard, play hard!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Pros

The culture of this company is simply OUTSTANDING. Even though we have a laid back culture, the team members here are some of the most hardworking people I have ever had the pleasure of working with. The work/life balance at HelloWorld is worth mentioning too, because it's great.

Cons

Pay isn't the best, but the perks kind of balance this out.

11. "Good, not great"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Detroit, MI

I worked at HelloWorld full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This place gave me a chance to get some decent marketing experience. But, continual learning was non-existant. There was no ongoing skill development or training--something I was looking for.

Cons

Lack of goal clarity. Upper management in a constant state of flux. My middle manager rarely showed up for work, but was never disciplined.

Advice to Management

Focus on the immense talent pool in the office. Stop looking for new talent elsewhere and appreciate the great team you already have!