KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

HelpSystems CEO Kate Bolseth
Kate Bolseth

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of HelpSystems and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years
    Featured Review

Growth and Opportunities Galore

Aug 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Because of the fast growth the opportunities are endless for employees. They see each persons skills and will help to focus those into a position you are good at and enjoy.

Cons

There are growing pains with growth, but if you focus on being a part of the change and look at it as an opportunity to help then you will benefit from the growth.

9 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company overall!

Aug 8, 2022 - Customer Success Manager (CSM)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Transparent interview process, amazing people and benefits.

Cons

None that come to mind.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Place to work if you want to contribute and grow professional - no coasting

Aug 3, 2022 - Renewals Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growth Opportunities Supportive management and employees

Cons

Must be self-motivated, no hand holding here.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Smooth Onboarding Process

Jul 25, 2022 - Support Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

The hiring process was pretty smooth. There wasn't any time wasted, once you did an interview within 24 hours you knew if you were moving on or not. So from a job hunting perspective, it was great. Everyone is very helpful. From my experience, they want to set you up for success. Be ready to wear a lot of different hats. For me, that is something that I like so it gives me the opportunity to work with a lot of different technology stacks and really smart people. - Flexible PTO - WFH - Training/Educational Benefits

Cons

I would have to say the background check was horrendous. Almost a month before I was able to get started. Other than I do not have any issues, could that change maybe but I really doubt it.

Chief People Officer

Thanks very much for sharing your experience and for your feedback on our hiring process. We are working through some challenges with our background check process. As a cybersecurity company, we have strict requirements. We appreciate your patience.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The company lives up to the motto: "Embrace the Journey"

Aug 4, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO is well-utilized to keep everyone fresh and balanced. The motto of "embracing the journey" is a good description of the persistent effort to help old and gigantic enterprises modernize. It's not always the most glamorous work, and it doesn't provide instant gratification, but it is important and profitable.

Cons

Though not the largest company, it doesn't have the intimacy of a startup. Getting results sometimes requires communication effort to cross layers in the matrix and get buy-in from the right stakeholders. The product development vision is complex, and not as laser-focused as it might be in a strong, early-stage Silicon Valley tech company.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

AMAZING COMPANY

Jul 10, 2022 - Sr Account Specialist in Eden Prairie, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

I can name a hundred reasons that HelpSystems is such a great place to work. The comradery is second to none. This company shares everything with their employees. We are never left in the dark with anything. Everyone is shown respect and we just have a great time. It doesn't feel like work!

Cons

I honestly can't list any cons to working at HelpSystems. I have never NOT wanted to work. It seriously is the best company hands down that I have worked for.

CEO

Thank you for sharing your comments. Transparency is very important to us, so we're glad to hear that our communications are effective.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing Team!

Jul 8, 2022 - Customer Operations Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The entire team at HelpSystems is extremely welcoming - employees at all levels are encouraged to share ideas and are given the opportunity to participate in implementing process improvements or changes. There is a lot of opportunity for growth & promotion - career paths are made available & leadership is very supportive. Great benefits as well! - flexible work week, flex PTO, ability to work remote, equity, and tons of fun activities in the office.

Cons

No negative feedback - HelpSystems does grow at a rapid pace, so ability to adapt and embrace change is needed.

CEO

This is wonderful to hear; thank you for sharing your experience.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing culture and great opportunities

Jul 8, 2022 - Marketing Operations Manager in Eden Prairie, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

HelpSystems is an exciting place to be right now. Lots of growth and career opportunities. Leadership is amazing at listening to employees and implementing flexible work environments. Can't beat the culture here!

Cons

With any type of rapid growth, there can obviously be some growing pains and changes that come along with it. However, leadership always addresses these quickly!

CEO

Thank you so much for your comments. We agree; lots of great things are happening at HelpSystems.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Don’t even bother.

Aug 6, 2022 - No Title Given
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you’re a younger employee, then be aware that this is a company where you can get your one year of cybersecurity experience and then leave as quickly as possible for a company that actually understands the industry. Get your time in but this place should not be your guide post of what a real cybersecurity company can accomplish.

Cons

1. Growth is via acquisition of other security companies through VC funding. I cannot see this being a sustainable model unless they’re able to somehow magically integrate all the technologies that they have acquired into an actual working model. Hint: they can’t. 2. You knew as a company that was being acquired that there would be layoffs coming because of “redundancies” but the way they communicate this during their discovery phase only serves to cause anxieties amongst the newly acquired employees which translates into many weeks of unproductive activities. 3. Entire department gutted afterwards and then the survivors are asked to pick up the pieces. I get that this is what happens usually during layoffs but again, the communication was convoluted and disjointed. 4. Any brain trusts who had built up the security technology of the companies that they had acquired are usually gone within 3-6 months leaving a HUGE SME void of what is left. Potential clients should be aware of this. 4. They have absolutely no idea what to do with all the pieces that they have acquired except to throw around buzzwords like integrated XDR platforms, full automation of security processes, etc. It’s all to lure more funding to continue the VC roller coaster ride but that ride will most likely end soon with the current financial climate. 5. Reputation of this company for anyone who has been in the cybersecurity industry is to avoid at all costs so if you look at any positive reviews it is usually from those who are new to the industry or who have never worked for a real cybersecurity company. 6. Just avoid this place if at all possible.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Great place to work at!

Jun 28, 2022 - Quality Engineer II
    Business Outlook

Pros

An awesome home/work life balance. Rewarding and challenging work. Wonderful and helpful co-workers.

Cons

Since the pandemic it is hard to get together physically as a team.

Chief People Officer

We appreciate your feedback. As offices are reopening, we have more opportunities for happy hours, in-person meetings, workshops, and team building days. We'd encourage you to talk to your manager about finding a time to visit your teammates at their office location.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 287 Reviews
</>Embed

HelpSystems Reviews FAQs

HelpSystems has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 306 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at HelpSystems to a friend and 78% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, HelpSystems employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at HelpSystems. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

82% of HelpSystems employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated HelpSystems 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at HelpSystems to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be compensation .

Popular Careers with HelpSystems Job Seekers