HelpSystems Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2020

4.2
HelpSystems CEO Kate Bolseth
Kate Bolseth
Pros
  • "I can honestly say that working at HelpSystems has positively altered my career trajectory(in 25 reviews)

• "They treat employees with respect, great benefits and a great culture(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some growing pains, but they are worked on gradually(in 7 reviews)

• "And that can limit your career growth at HelpSystems(in 7 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Technical Product Manager

I have been working at HelpSystems full-time

Pros

A lot of opportunities pop up everyday even in remote offices. They care about people and benefits and flexibility are great.

Cons

Don't have any cons right now :)

"Current employee"

2.0
    Current Employee - Professional Services

I have been working at HelpSystems full-time

Pros

Great team to work with

Cons

layoffs and cutbacks on benefits

3. "Overall Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Solutions Advisor in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at HelpSystems full-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed my time with HelpSystems. There are great opportunities to represent fantastic software brands from a sales standpoint and the flexiblilty and culture make for a great work/life balance.

Cons

Nothing really to say for negatives. Great experience overall.

4. "Change, Growth, Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at HelpSystems full-time

Pros

Transparent leadership, trust in employees, challenges that come from consistent growth, which bring career opportunities

Cons

Nothing stays the same, but I enjoy that part of HS

"Great Place to work BUT not if you are in CyberSecurity!!!"

2.0

I worked at HelpSystems full-time

Pros

Treat their employees well in regards to benefits and activities, etc Large customer base Hard Working People/Teams Most parts of the portfolio doing well (IBMi mainly)

Cons

No Security knowledge or awareness in the CTS part of the business If you know what the difference between a vulnerability and an exploit is then you know more than the leadership of the CyberSecurity division Being run like a business that sells security software Taking human interaction and care out of the process Most of the mind share is gone and innovation is lacking Management team unaware of security industry and no knowledge of technology to help lead team in correct direction. Treat employees as a number, in the end all we are. If you are beginning or want to begin in cybersecurity maybe a decent place to start and everyone can learn together. HQ in Minnesota, so if you are from elsewhere you don't fit in the clique from there.

HelpSystems Response

June 4, 2020CEO

Thank you so much for the feedback. We want to provide an additional perspective on the issues that you raise and provide some of the actions we have taken to address them. Some of the largest companies around the world rely on our products and services to help secure their organizations and our security revenue has grown 10x in the past 6 years. We have a broad portfolio of cybersecurity products and it is our goal that every one of them will grow. We have some cybersecurity products have grown 200% over the past several years. Other products have remained flat, including a few of the CTS products, despite significant efforts of the leadership and the teams involved. For these products, we have tried several things including changing leadership, revitalizing marketing, additional R&D spending, and other changes that were in part driven by the employees closest to the market. While we have had success in some areas like commercial sales and increasing customer satisfaction, overall revenue has been a challenge. This is not a new development and revenue has been a challenge for these few products for years prior to us acquiring them. We do agree with your statement that we run our organization like a business that sells security software. When customers buy our software, we owe them great support, a product that gets betters every year and a commitment to be there for the long term. Running our organization like a business ensures we can fulfill these promises. If prospects are not buying our products, we need to listen closely to the market to determine why and address those issues. In some cases, this could mean focusing our attention on other products that have more interest in today’s market. We have not given up on these products and we know our team of talented and dedicated employees have not either. We made a major acquisition earlier this year in support of these products that will provide further differentiation. We also adjusted the marketing message and made other changes. We know these products still solve critical problems for customers. If we continue to improve the products, take great care of employees, and provide fantastic customer care, we are confident that revenue growth will come. While we are sorry things did not work out for you at HelpSystems, we thank you for your input and your service.

6. "Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Solutions Advisor in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at HelpSystems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to kickstart a sales career. Unlimited exposure to Sr. management and leaders within the org. HelpSystems is the gem of Minneapolis. Just because your mom has never heard of the company doesn't mean you can't make a lot of money ;)

Cons

Growing pains are inevitable

Continue reading

"Trust, Transparency, and Communication"

I have been working at HelpSystems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Management and C-level trust their employees and empower them to do their jobs; mistakes aren't frowned upon, but are used as learning experiences They are very transparent with employees and communicate company news and financials on a monthly basis at all-hands meetings Offer a flexible work environment that helps with work-life balance Reward and recognize success As the company grows, a lot of career opportunities arise Management listens to what employees want and makes changes accordingly

Cons

We're located in the suburbs - which is only a con for some people!

Continue reading

"Fantastic company, CEO, and culture"

I have been working at HelpSystems full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Leadership team, specifically our CEO Kate, is focused on growing the company to its full potential, while providing amazing perks and benefits for the employees - not easy to do! The culture here is truly the best I have experienced. People are kind and hardworking and willing to help others. If you are a driven individual who treats other well, you will go far here. The job opportunities are endless and performance is constantly recognized in multiple avenues. The best part is that HelpSystems truly cares about its employees. Work hard for the company, and you receive respect in return. I cannot recommend enough!

Cons

Hard to stick to a diet with all of the free food :)

9. "Amazing"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at HelpSystems full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company is amazing to work for!

Cons

Literally have nothing negative to say or recommend for improvement

"A Career Trajectory Changer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at HelpSystems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I can honestly say that working at HelpSystems has positively altered my career trajectory. When I started at HelpSystems, I was looking for a place to grow, learn, be challenged and rewarded. HelpSystems has and continues to deliver on all of those items. HelpSystems is a great place for individuals who are willing to roll up their sleeves and add value where one can. You will be pushed, supported, and challenged to reinvent the way you think about work and what you can contribute. As quickly as HelpSystems continues to grow, it also continues to evolve, which brings great opportunity for those that are looking for it. I highly recommend taking a look at what HelpSystems has to offer. We move fast, we have resources, and most importantly, a huge pool of talented employees to work with and learn from.

Cons

Many people talk about fast growth being challenging and it is. Things constantly change, but the executive teams does a great job providing a level or transparency that many orgs. shy away from. You know when things are going well and when they are not, and while that can be stressful at times, it's a refreshing approach to the workplace.

Found 109 reviews