HelpSystems Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
HelpSystems CEO Chris Heim
Chris Heim

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great culture, good benefits, positive environment" (in 10 reviews)

• "Love the free food - pizza day, pie day, employee lunches, beer on the deck - great vibe" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some growing pains, but they are worked on gradually" (in 5 reviews)

• "Some growing pains but that is to be expected when acquiring new companies to add to the product lines" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to grow, challenge yourself, and be heard"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at HelpSystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HelpSystems is one of the best-kept secrets in Minneapolis. As a quickly growing tech company, it's a great place to work if you're looking to be challenged. I'm coming up on 3 years at HelpSystems and I've really enjoyed working with the team. HelpSystems has a very transparent culture, smart people, and dedicated team. If you're looking to be pushed and develop your skills, this is one of the best places to do it.

Cons

Fast growth has its pains, mainly finding great new people to add constantly.

Advice to Management

As we grow work to keep the transparent culture. It's one of the things that sets this company apart from others. It would also be great to start getting more active in the local tech community, by sponsoring or supporting some of the great groups in town so that HelpSystems becomes more visible.

Aug 2, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback. We are constantly looked for talented people to join the company!

2. "The Best Place I Have Ever Worked"

I have been working at HelpSystems full-time

Pros

The people here at HelpSystems are what makes this job so rewarding. From C Level to Entry Level employees, everyone is willing to invest in your success and truly want you to succeed. You become apart of this huge family, that is constantly raising you up and cheering you on. The workplace culture is something that is so unique, the Directors and Managers do a fantastic job at making everyone feel welcomed and included. As an added perk, the benefits are amazing!

Cons

I honestly have not experienced any cons.

3. "Rapid change, nice environment"

I have been working at HelpSystems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Growth potential, great people

Cons

Moves quickly because of constant acquy

4. "Not bad but if you are in the wrong product line or office you will not move up"

Current Employee - Technical Support
    Current Employee - Technical Support

I have been working at HelpSystems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Casual dress code, tries to be as transparent as possible. Opportunities for fun events. Free food! I feel upper management truly does care.

Cons

There is no CLEAR path if you want to move up. A goals oriented review program was put in place, which was intended to be a partnership between you and your manager, but all it is, is micro managing and more work. It is never discussed how doing all these tasks/goals will help you as an employee. At least for my particular office. Another review mentioned it-if you want to grow make sure you work at the main Minnesota office or move on. This is sad because that really is not what this company is about. But one bad apple or office, should I say can ruin the bunch.

Advice to Management

I wanted to give a better review because I know that overall it’s a great company. I just happen to be in a very dysfunctional office.

Nov 5, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for the feedback.

Most people have liked our goal oriented review program because it promotes regular feedback and communication with your manager. Setting goals and achieving them is... More

5. "Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at HelpSystems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadership team practices what they preach - collaboration, teamwork, innovation and a shared sense of purpose.

Clear corporate goals that everyone marches toward and works together to meet.

Fantastic culture - employees are treated extremely well with various programs and perks.

Ideas get heard!

Cons

This company has grown (and is growing) a lot, so there are the usual growing pains around product integrations and getting teams to work more closely together.

With so many teams in so many offices it's sometimes difficult to know who does what or what team you should be reaching out to.

Advice to Management

This is an exceptionally well run company with a great future ahead of it. Would be good to get more exposure to the teams outside of my home office and learn about them and what they do (and how we could help each other). Other than than that, just keep going forward!

6. "Great company! Why aren't you here?"

I have been working at HelpSystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Transparency, great benefits, great career opportunities, lots to learn, fun events, ability to give back to causes you care about, partial ownership in the company, flexible work hours, friendly co workers, etc. Lots of things to like!

Cons

Though the private offices are nice, I do find they can make meeting people hard sometimes as a new employee. However, everyone is very friendly in the office and there are a lot of events to compensate for this!

HelpSystems is segmented by brand (through the various acquisitions). This can make changes difficult at times as each brand does something a little different than the others.

Advice to Management

Chris, Dan, Jim and all of senior management, keep up the great work :) It is great working here and I appreciate all that you do for the employees and our customers! It does not go unnoticed, so thanks!

"Development"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at HelpSystems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great culture, good benefits, positive environment. Very transparent executive team who keeps all employees in the loop on where we're at as far as performance.

Cons

Fast moving and expectations are high. Once you've proven that you're a high functioning employee you're 'rewarded' with a heavier work load. This can be challenging when taking PTO or if you get sick. It can be difficult to catch up. Career opportunities can be limited depending on previous positions and/or experience.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture and benefits going. The positive environment is infectious.

Oct 1, 2018 – CEO

We definitely try to provide more opportunities to our employees when they demonstrate success. This is good for your career but can increase the workload. Be sure you talk to your manager if you... More

8. "Great company"

I worked at HelpSystems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great CEO and leadership team. Overall a good company culture and a good place to work!

Cons

Not a lot of bad things to say. Probably not the best place if you are looking to be a high earner or corporate climber, but that’s it.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Oct 1, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback. A surprising portion of the employees that leave us decide to join us again so you might consider that some day.

9. "Working at HelpSystems"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at HelpSystems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture and management team.

Cons

Limited upward mobility and development opportunities.

Aug 20, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback. We love our company culture which really is a function of our fantastic employees. We do promote from within and in 2017 had 99 promotions from within our staff and in... More

10. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at HelpSystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, focused on employees.

Cons

When companies are acquired by HelpSystems attempting to merge records into the larger database can feel more like a square peg round hole story.

Aug 2, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback. We do acquire companies as part of our growth strategy and we understand integrating their customer data into our CRM is a difficult process. The end result of one common... More