HelpSystems Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
HelpSystems CEO Chris Heim
Chris Heim

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great culture, fun people, unbelievable products and awesome customers (in 9 reviews)

• Great flexible work schedule, benefits, PTO, and free food (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Some growing pains, but they are worked on gradually (in 4 reviews)

• Some growing pains but that is to be expected when acquiring new companies to add to the product lines (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"It's refreshing to see such an honest, transparent company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at HelpSystems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great leadership - open communication lines, honest information with no BS
    Excellent culture - fun, casual environment with genuine people who are welcoming and passionate about what they do

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of any at the moment. I am on cloud nine since starting here. It's a huge improvement in culture and morale from other tech companies I've been at.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - putting people at the forefront and allowing everyone to have a voice is critical to success.

Feb 27, 2017 – CEO

Thanks!! We have awesome employees so a big part of our job is just to get out of the way and let them do their thing.

2. "Great Place to work!"

Former Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at HelpSystems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-great sense of camaraderie
    -cares about employees
    -growing at a fast rate
    -great transparency

Cons

Doing a great job overall!
    Some growing pains, but they are worked on gradually.
    If possible I would suggest having departments work on using the products that are being sold. Several times we would have meetings explaining how great certain products were, but we would never integrate them into our own business processes.

Advice to Management

Great job growing the company, staying transparent, and letting employees from all corners of the company have a voice! Chris and Dan are a fantastic management team, and employee moral and overall employee experience have improved through their management. My only suggestion would be to have employees and the company overall use the products they sell as much as possible.

Sep 14, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback. We have made efforts to use products internally with some fantastic results but we are somewhat like the cobbler's children in that customers come first. We believe that... More

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at HelpSystems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Employee engagement and interaction. People care about each other and work great in teams. They are also treated with respect and dignity. Aside from a few bad eggs, employees are kind to each other and are willing to jump in when needed - even though the task at hand isn't in their job description.

Great flexible work schedule, benefits, PTO, and free food.

Transparency - we have monthly meetings where our CEO and CFO share what's going on with the company, including financial information. It's refreshing to be kept abreast on what's going on.

Cons

Fast growth - we've acquired many companies in the last 10 years and there are high expectations for existing employees to integrate the new companies in. It can be disruptive to work flow but keeps things exciting.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. Keep up your engagement with your employees. It builds trust and gives us a sense of pride working for such a great company.

Aug 15, 2017 – CEO

We do grow our existing businesses and we also acquire other complementary products. This does keep things hoping! We realize this creates a short term burden as we integrate these new additions to... More

4. "Dream employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at HelpSystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I interviewed, employees had nothing but good things to say about working at HelpSystems. I found it hard to believe, but after working here for almost a year, I understand what they were talking about!

Leadership is honestly better than anyone would expect or hope for, the culture is relaxed but also very hard working and the company actively seeks out ways to ensure their staff are happy and rewarded.

Cons

As with most larger corporations, its hard to connect with people outside of your department without putting forth some networking effort. But the company does a good job of bringing departments together for celebrations, committees and events throughout the year.

Advice to Management

Keep it up folks.

Aug 11, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback. We are big believers in sharing rewards so every employee has an equity incentive! Glad that is appreciated. The connected piece is a challenge as we get larger but we... More

5. "Great culture - Great People."

I have been working at HelpSystems full-time

Pros

Great culture, fun people, unbelievable products and awesome customers. This place is truly unique. I feel like I am a part of something fantastic. The company is growing and provides a ton of opportunity to learn and advance your career. We are constantly hiring new positions, executive management understands the business but more importantly listen to the employees. Very cool place to work. Love the free food - pizza day, pie day, employee lunches, beer on the deck - great vibe.

Cons

None, but it's a fast growing company. If you don't like change, you might not like it here.

Advice to Management

The open communication to employees is really appreciated. Something we haven't always had but really needed.

Jul 24, 2017 – CEO

Thanks. We would tend to agree with the change comment. We are constantly evolving the company to ensure we continue to grow and create new opportunities for our employees.

6. "Diversified, Energized, Organized"

I have been working at HelpSystems full-time

Pros

Acquisition and organic growth keeps the company diversified and stable. Top leadership keeps the employees energized through personal acknowledgement and attention. Although it's a combination of 20+ companies, we all feel like a family.

Cons

A little behind in utilizing software development best practices although they are on the path to do so.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great attitudes and continue inspiring confidence

May 4, 2017 – CEO

Thanks! We will not realize our full potential unless we have these acquisitions be part of a greater whole so we are working hard towards that end.

7. "Great Culture! Great Management! Great Tech!"

I have been working at HelpSystems full-time

Pros

Management is transparent and involves employees. Great technology! Company is growing very quickly.

Cons

EP office needs an open floor layout plan

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! We have a terrific work environment at HelpSystems!

Feb 20, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your thoughts. We agree that some areas of the Eden Prairie office need an open floor plan and are currently converting Marketing to that arrangement. Other areas will probably always... More

8. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at HelpSystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful culture and people to work with, growing with very skilled / experienced leadership.
    Competitive benefits with some great extra fringe benefits, and the people within the company have a history of giving back to the community and doing fun events throughout the year.

Cons

As an account manager, it may be difficult to grow within the organization very quickly. Many of the people in this role have been doing the same role for many years.

Feb 20, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback. We have promoted account managers in recent years into other areas such as sales so please continue the dialog with your manager on your future career thoughts. We have a... More

9. "Great, if you're looking to simply be content with going to work every day"

I worked at HelpSystems full-time (More than a year)

The bar is set low
    They are profitable

Cons

You will not grow as an employee, until you move on
    Not challenging
    Everything about the company is 90s - the people, the products, the mindset

Advice to Management

Stop promoting from within
    Google "The Peter Principle"
    Bring in senior staff that is capable of challenging and bringing the best out of employees

Dec 23, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for the feedback. We are sorry that you did not find the work challenging. There are some positions that tend to good places to get your foot in the door but many people in these positions... More

10. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Human Resource Intern in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Human Resource Intern in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at HelpSystems (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people. Lots of opportunities to give input

Cons

nothing is bad as an intern

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Jul 24, 2017 – CEO

We are happy you are here. Our managers really try to make our internships great. Our goal is to give our interns meaningful work and exposure to various elements of their department. We always... More