Hendrick Health System Reviews | Glassdoor

Hendrick Health System President and CEO Tim Lancaster
Tim Lancaster

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Good place to work because of the people"

Current Employee - RN Case Manager
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager

I have been working at Hendrick Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great People in the community and the facility

Cons

Behind the times, antiquated computer system with so many patches and work-arounds that it is costing them more money to keep it going than it would to invest in a new system for the long-term.

Advice to Management

Upgrade to a decent computer system. Continuing to spend money to patch and re-patch an inefficient and outdated system does not make a lot of sense and cannot really be cost effective in the long run.

2. "An organization with one of the worlds most engaged workforces focused on excellent patient care."

Current Employee - Manager of Patient Relations and Risk Management in Abilene, TX

I have been working at Hendrick Health System full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent patient care is a central focus of everything we do, which means everyone’s role in the organization is built around that focus. There are endless growth and professional development opportunities.

Cons

Compensation sometimes lags advancement in responsibilities.

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Abilene, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Abilene, TX

I have been working at Hendrick Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hendrick has given me the opportunity to learn and grow so that I can help those within our organization. We have wonderful leadership that supports the Mission and Values of the organization.

Cons

None to mention at the time.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to round regularly and listen to your employees so that we can improve any issues and continue living the Hendrick Mission.

"A Lot of changes for better and for worse."

Current Employee - A Long Term Hard Worker in Abilene, TX
    Current Employee - A Long Term Hard Worker in Abilene, TX

I have been working at Hendrick Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

For patient care this hospital is top notch. Great medical staff and up to date technology. Always building bigger and better things for the future of healthcare.

Cons

Too much employee turnover. Not enough incentives for employees who work hard (EX:Noticed same employees chosen for Employee of the Quarter 2 or 3 different times when others with 15,20 or 25+ years and HR folders to prove their worthiness are never chosen for it). Lots of favoritism in management. Some employees seem to get away with murder when others who go above and beyond their duties are just expected to deal with it. The feelings of co-workers dealing with other under performing employees are not dealt with accordingly, basically if you can do all the work, the other "warm body" sits beside you doing nothing is OK since at the end of the day all the work is done and you both come back and do it again the next day. Is this the meaning of a "Gallop Great Workplace"? There needs to better training of new hires and all employees should share equal work duties in their respective areas. Too many new hires seem to not know what they walked into and basically "freeze in place". Better HR screening would alleviate this.

Advice to Management

I actually love working for this hospital. It is like my second home. But I think you should start better training for new employees in all fields to overcome the turnover rates. It seems like years ago, people were hired that fit the job but now people are hired to just fill space. Hiring and paying new employees that are experienced will make this hospital thrive even better. Secondly I suggest you take a closer look at the long term employees that you have that have never been recognized by the organization for what they have done. This is so important so that it does not look like a "favorites" game. The employees that are long term and keep the patient care flowing are the ones who are winning the Gallop awards for you year after year, not the ones who seem to not know why they are even here. Take surveys of the employees that are 15 or more years in and ask their opinions on areas of YOUR concern, I promise it will be an eye-opener and the results will make Hendrick prosper more than ever before. Too many employees are walking on egg shells because they feel they have "lost their place" among all the change. Have faith in the experienced people you have, recognize them for what they have already done (all the past accolades we have received), for without us you would not already be multiple award winners. And lastly, please change the way you deal with what I call "warm bodies". The patient care is too important and the reputation of Hendrick stands on the laurels of the employees our patients come in contact with. Any one with multiple issues of under performance and showing signs of being uninterested in their job should be replaced with respected and qualified people that will keep Hendrick one of the best hospitals in Texas.

Hendrick Health System Response

Mar 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and your long tenure at Hendrick. As an organization, we pride ourselves on employee recognition and appreciation. That is why our Employee of the... More

5. "CNA"

Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA
    Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA

I have been working at Hendrick Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good team value and work ethic and a hospital setting

Cons

Not enough staff and sometimes long hours

6. "Phlebotomy"

I have been working at Hendrick Health System full-time

Pros

great work environment, ease of location, facilities clean neat and orderly. Atmosphere creates warm feeling of comfort and navigation

Cons

due to some facility modifications some areas are difficult to access.

Advice to Management

none at present

7. "Overall system"

I have been working at Hendrick Health System full-time

Pros

Faith-based, not tax-based system Proactive, visionary leadership.

Cons

Widespread misogyny, especially in the C-suite.

Hendrick Health System Response

Dec 15, 2017 – Employee Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. As an organization with a zero tolerance policy for harassment against any person, we are concerned about your sentiment. At Hendrick, we take pride... More

8. "Great place to work for. Salary cap makes it difficult to want to stay."

Former Employee - Clinical Technician in Abilene, TX
    Former Employee - Clinical Technician in Abilene, TX

I worked at Hendrick Health System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Friendly people and they show you they appreciate you. Very family and community oriented. Free ham or turkey for Christmas or Thanksgiving.

Cons

Mandatory overtime and salary cap. The hospital is usually understaffed. The health benefits are over priced and under performance and usually end up taking half of your check.

Advice to Management

Update salaries for non nursing staff to national average.

9. "Analyst"

I have been working at Hendrick Health System full-time

Pros

Great environment and great benefits.

Cons

None to mention at the time.

"Phlebotomist"

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Abilene, TX
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Abilene, TX

I have been working at Hendrick Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Christian value. The people are friendly.

Cons

Parts of the hospital need to be restored

Advice to Management

I can't find a bad word to say about management