Hendrick Health System Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Hendrick Health System President and CEO Tim Lancaster
Tim Lancaster

Pros
  • Great benefits, great HR department, great learning environment (in 4 reviews)

• good people but short staffed always, (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay, insurance is not the greatest, people in supervisory positions that shouldn't be, don't care about your feelings (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Human Resources"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Abilene, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Abilene, TX

I have been working at Hendrick Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hendrick provides me with a great work life balance. The benefits associated are incredible and they offer reduced cost on health insurance based on a wellness screening. I believe that Hendrick cares for my well-being. From employee to employee interaction to the interactions with leadership, I know that I belong here and I am treated with respect every single day. Hendrick has given me opportunities to grow professionally. I love that Hendrick offers a wide variety of opportunities from being involved with Employee Wellness activities to all the ways I can support out local communality through outreaches and fundraisers. Even though I don't have direct patient care, I know that my job and responsibilities influences those who have direct patient care. I know that our Executive Leadership is one that cares about employees and patients and does their very best to make decisions for what is right for Hendrick and Abilene.

Cons

Not a whole lot. I would say that Hendrick values their employees opinions and when there is an area for improvement, our Leadership does everything in their ability to make changes and to listen to the employees.

Advice to Management

Continue to give opportunities to people. Thank you for all your hard work.

2. "Will be dependable"

Former Employee - Laundry Attendant in Double Springs, AL
    Former Employee - Laundry Attendant in Double Springs, AL

I worked at Hendrick Health System part-time

Pros

People are nice. Love the residents, most employees go out of their way to ensure residents happiness and safety

Cons

I was part time had no benefits and it seriously affected my payday

"RN"

Current Employee - RN, Bsn in Abilene, TX
    Current Employee - RN, Bsn in Abilene, TX

I have been working at Hendrick Health System part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good employees, good team environment, nice facility, lots of opportunities to get involved

Cons

Haven't seen a lot of direct changes due to employee feedback

Advice to Management

Listen and take action when your employees point out issues

4. "Politics hiding behind fraudulent mission statement"

Former Employee - NONE
    Former Employee - NONE

I worked at Hendrick Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Be a consistent role player indefinitely. Maintain boundaries keeping personal issue and areas of yours or your families lives private and fit in. If that's the way you are naturally then that's the pro positive I can state.

Cons

Administration, Human Resources Dept. Salaries to cost of living ratio is on the low end of range compared to national statistics. To help financial profile this facility has acted contrary to its own core values and no longer has the same solid integrity it once had. I should have left a long time ago but was trying to be a loyal, grateful and engaged employee. Learned early on that the only way to make the income that others were earning all around this country, that I had to get at least 10 hrs of OT per cycle. It was overlooked for the most part for my entire time there. And working late was often expected. But then financial planning and the young inexperienced desk jockeys with business, accounting or hospital adm degrees started trimming fat when the opportunity presented itself.

Advice to Management

Ask the community for intercessory prayers.

"Great place to work for a little while."

Former Employee - Specialty Technician in Abilene, TX
    Former Employee - Specialty Technician in Abilene, TX

I worked at Hendrick Health System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great HR department, great learning environment. Definitely a place for people wanting to see if they like the medical field and for people who are already professionals to get experience and eventually move on.

Cons

Pay is not that great. Some departments will give more responsibility then you're qualified for. Management in certain departments can be hard to deal with, hard for them to see your point of view and can be hypocritical in decision making.

Advice to Management

Authoritarian Leadership styles really suck in a medical setting. Please teach some management such as the ER to really care for their employees instead of their numbers. You'll get better numbers ;).

6. "Nurse"

I have been working at Hendrick Health System full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This is a great work place I have worked in other hospitals and regret ever leaving Hendricks they welcomed me back and I am very happy to be here.If you are looking for a good job and a great work place this is it! they also take pride on keeping the Hospital updated with nice facilities with coffee & gift shop,and a great Med Spa.

Cons

I don't like Ambler Ave on the North side of the Hospital needs road work.

7. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Hendrick Health System full-time

Pros

Great boss! Great training! I always feel appreciated.

Cons

None! I can't think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep treating your employees like the gold! It works!

8. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Hendrick Health System full-time

Pros

Hendrick Medical Center is focused on quality patient care and outcomes. From front line staff to managers and leadership there is a sense of family working together for a purpose. Truly a great place to work!

Cons

I have nothing to add here! Compared to other facilities HMC is at the top.

9. "Service and maintain mechanical systems"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Abilene, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Abilene, TX

I have been working at Hendrick Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy with most weekends off. Pay is okay for area in which i live. A lot of nice people working there and easy to get along with most people.

Cons

Kind of a dead end. They offer opportunities to move up but there really are none. People have worked there 30 years doing the same thing with little to no advancement. The company really does everything to take care of itself first.

Advice to Management

Stay in touch with employee needs and opinions. There is a very heavy feeling of it's my way or the highway there. If employees don't go along with everything they say they are not hesitant to give someone the boot.

10. "Administrative Assistant"

I worked at Hendrick Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stay busy, challenging work, benefits

Cons

Certain cluster management performs unethical acts against people they don't like & is not completely straight forward on paperwork

Hendrick Health System Response

Nov 16, 2016 – Director of Human Resources

We encourage anyone to report unethical acts to the Corporate Compliance anonymous hotline: 877-445-7987. We take all reports seriously and will investigate to the extent necessary.