KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Part of Valvoline
Is this your company?

Henley Enterprises

Add a Review

Henley Enterprises Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Jan 23, 2021

Found 16 of over 188 reviews

4.0
Henley Enterprises CEO Don Smith
Don Smith
Pros
  • "Great benefits with a large company(in 16 reviews)

• "Great for learning on working on cars without no experience needed(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Takes years to advance beyond SCM, long hours, not enough pay(in 14 reviews)

• "They have there "core values" that the upper management break on a daily basis(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Big company, but still focuses on family and the team

Aug 8, 2019 - Area Manager in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

No automotive experience needed, great benefits including awesome 401K match and educational assistance, competitive pay, truly live their vision and values. Always focuses on the employees first and gives great opportunity to grow into a management position and make a career.

Cons

Very repetitive- The process is fantastic but is very repetitive. Some people do not like this, but many do. Environmental conditions can become stressful. It's an open garage environment, so when it is hot, cold, windy, rainy, ect- you are in those conditions.

Marketing & Digital Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our vision and values are something we hope all team members are living out every day, and we are glad you have recognized that. Yes, the environment can be stressful due to the environmental conditions & nature of the job, but we hope the procedures put in place minimize those factors. Thanks again for your review and appreciate your hard work!

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great

Jan 23, 2021 - Automotive Technician in Fresno, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits with a large company. Room for growth.

Cons

Extremely Micromanaged. Needs more opportunity for bonuses for the entire team, not just management.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Excellent company to work for!!

Apr 29, 2015 - Service Center Manager in Waltham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

From upper management down you can enjoy coming into work knowing you have the support behind you by great people. Henley is a company that recognizes and celebrates achievement and continues to develop top notch employees. It's a nice feeling knowing you can go as far in a company starting off from the bottom as long as you put in the effort and they'll be behind you 100% supporting you. The leadership and teams that Henley has created is through relentless training offered on a daily basis that includes everything from in store training to speacial training and classes that they provide. They offer great benefits and 401K matching. To put it simple if you want to look forward to coming into work each day and always progress Henley is where it is at.

Cons

In my almost 6 years with the company there has been nothing but ups with Henley. They continue to grow as a company and that provides more oppurtunity which has not stopped progressing since my start. Can't say there are any cons with desire like that.

Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for your more than five years of service to Henley VIOC! Henley VIOC recognizes that its continued success and growth depends on the training, development and career successes of its Team Members. We are committed to maintaining these core values and creating even more opportunities as we continue to grow.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great opportunity for advancement!

Apr 9, 2015 - Regulatory Compliance Specialist in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I continue to enjoy working for Henley Enterprises Inc., even though I only started a few years ago, it still amazes me to see employees hired and some with no experience whatsoever, trained and then some move up to management rolls. Each location is a family working together as a team to get the customer in and out quickly, with accuracy, while providing the best customer service possible, is great! I didn’t realize I learned positive attitude, customer service, teamwork, time management, organization, social skills, work ethics, high standards, leadership skills and conflict resolutions the entire time I was working. Everything just felt natural and part of my job duties. They also have great benefits such as Medical, Dental, Vision and a 401K plan that offers a considerable match.

Cons

Very fast paced, but having the sense of accomplishments when the last customer leaves is very rewarding.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company!!

Oct 5, 2018 - Service Center Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growth with in the company, cares about your family, good upper management, great stepping stone into management and learning how to run a business. Lots of resources to help you become a better leader. Great benefits for the employees and there families.

Cons

Long hours, no big incentive, for technicians or even management anymore, managers could be paid a little more for all we do and the long hours.

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for your leadership as a Service Center Manager and for your thoughtful review here. We appreciate the callout of career growth as this is a top priority at Henley. By providing our team members with the resources to learn and opportunity to advance, we hope all team members will take advantage and can get where they want to be! We do not believe that commission programs are consistent with our customer approach at the service center. We have however recently increased our base wages to ensure they are fair and competitive with the market. If you have any specific questions or concerns, please reach out to us at recruiting@vioc.net – and thanks again for your hard work out in the field!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Growing company with small company feel

Sep 11, 2017 - Senior Staff Accountant in Newton Highlands, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, 401k match, generous holiday bonus usually, HRA for health expenses completely funded by company, company shares awarded after 5 years

Cons

Lack of communication, "not my job"itis, has become much more "corporate" as they've grown, operations are the darlings and can do no wrong, office support staff treated somewhat as second rate

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Oct 11, 2018 - Senior Technician in Fort Myers, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with great benefits and great people. Henley helps and cares for each and every one of their employees. It is a fair and honest workplace and they take care of all their employees.

Cons

Aside from a few lazy individuals (which can be found in any company) there are no complaints.

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Hello and thanks for your review . We agree the people are what makes Henley such a great place to work! We appreciate you recognizing Henley as a fair and honest Company. As one of our 5 core values, being fair and honest with our team members and customers is something that we do not take lightly. Glad to have you as part of the team!

8. 5.0

AMAZING

Apr 29, 2015 - Area Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The career opportunities are unmatched by any other company!! Henley truly cares about each and every individual employed with them!! We promote from within and have a great benefits package!!

Cons

None that come to mind

9. 5.0

Service center manager

Apr 16, 2015 - Service Center Manager in North Reading, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible scheduling, great benefits package, competent leaders, room for advancement.

Cons

Just like any other retail business, it can be stressful

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0

Area Manager

Apr 9, 2015 - Area Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great growth opportunity, competitive salary, great benefits, on the job training

Cons

Hot days, entry salary, not much else

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews