KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Part of Valvoline
Is this your company?

Henley Enterprises

Add a Review

Henley Enterprises Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Oct 5, 2018

Found 10 of over 188 reviews

4.0
Henley Enterprises CEO Don Smith
Don Smith
Pros
  • "Great benefits with a large company(in 16 reviews)

• "Great for learning on working on cars without no experience needed(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Takes years to advance beyond SCM, long hours, not enough pay(in 14 reviews)

• "They have there "core values" that the upper management break on a daily basis(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Great Company!!

Oct 5, 2018 - Service Center Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growth with in the company, cares about your family, good upper management, great stepping stone into management and learning how to run a business. Lots of resources to help you become a better leader. Great benefits for the employees and there families.

Cons

Long hours, no big incentive, for technicians or even management anymore, managers could be paid a little more for all we do and the long hours.

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for your leadership as a Service Center Manager and for your thoughtful review here. We appreciate the callout of career growth as this is a top priority at Henley. By providing our team members with the resources to learn and opportunity to advance, we hope all team members will take advantage and can get where they want to be! We do not believe that commission programs are consistent with our customer approach at the service center. We have however recently increased our base wages to ensure they are fair and competitive with the market. If you have any specific questions or concerns, please reach out to us at recruiting@vioc.net – and thanks again for your hard work out in the field!

2. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Senior tech

May 3, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is no pros for this job unless you like being exploited.

Cons

-unorganized upper management - pay is mediocre for work required - no communication with manage prior to cupons being realease not allowing proper scheduling - They promote incompetent people CONSTANTLY! And the workload falls on the few that know what they Are doing. - stores are not properly maintained at all

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to hear about your negative experience working at Henley and are always open to constructive feedback to make our Company better. We regularly review our base wages to ensure they are fair and competitive with the market. We have made wage rate adjustments as warranted, and will continue to do so. Additionally, our promotion-from-within system is based on certification, meaning a team member must complete all necessary training to become certified and progress to the next level. For the issues relating to operational procedures such as coupons, team member scheduling & store maintenance – we will pass this information on to the necessary departments to address. If you’d like to reach out with more specific details on any of the above, please email recruiting@vioc.net. We appreciate the feedback.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee

Service Center Manager

Feb 19, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good compensation and benefits. Good work related training and development. Reasonable operation hours. Company does a good job of communicating goals and expectations. Owner/ upper management is accessible and friendly and does a good job of making you feel appreciated.

Cons

Managers requirement for working hours can make Work-life balance very difficult. Hiring process for new employees took to long. which made working short handed all to common. Managers expectations not always reasonable when considering how thin they like to keep labor in conjunction with hours of operation , business flow, and staffing requirements.

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Than you for your review and for your dedicated time at Henley! It's great to hear your positive feedback regarding training/development, communication, and friendly upper management. These are all things Henley strives for day in day out, and we appreciate your observation! To address your additional feedback, work/life balance is a shared challenge in the retail services environment and Henley continues its commitment to helping improve this for all Team Members. We agree that that reducing time to fill positions is a priority. The Company has made recent enhancements to recruiting resources and systems which we anticipate will greatly reduce the time it takes to get a new Team Member hired an on board. Lastly, we appreciate the feedback on manager's expectations and will share with operational leadership in an ongoing effort to better understand and address the challenges of the Service Center Manager's role. Please reach out to recruiting@vioc.net and we would be happy to respond / answer any additional questions or feedback. Thank you!

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

They will try to fire you for going to school

Aug 24, 2017 - Senior Tech
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people I worked with in the service center were awesome

Cons

Micro-management at all times, area manager was always watching the cameras at work, I was a seasoned employee working there for over three years and right after I put my 2 week notice to move for college to better myself they tried to fire me so they did not have to pay out my vacation time. They made me feel replaceable the entire time I worked for this company. They have there "core values" that the upper management break on a daily basis.

Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We strive to create a positive work environment where each Team Member is treated fairly and feels valued. Because we take our core values very seriously, we are disappointed to hear about your negative experience. We would also like to clarify the comment about vacation payout. Henley policy is to payout accrued and not taken vacation hours regardless of the circumstances of the Team Member's separation from the Company. If that was not your experience, or you have other questions regarding your vacation payout, please contact the Newton HR office and speak with an HR representative so that we can resolve the matter. Thank you!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

service center manager

Aug 7, 2017 - Service Center Manager in Sterling Heights, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Pay, Bonus structure, hourly pay, added perks to the job, Upper management is very approachable and easy to talk to all the way up to the president and CEO

Cons

Long hours. Not much for a work/life balance

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Worst company to work for .

Aug 15, 2016 - Certified Technician in Riverside, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

You accelerate through the company very fast if you put yourself to learning the checklists. The salary was appropriate. The work is very easy and they train you on site.

Cons

They are a cliquey company. All upper management are good friends so if you have a problem it's very difficult to get it solved. The men don't know how to treat the women who work there. They give you long hours with very few chances to step away for refreshments. The bay's are VERY hot. If you are not in with the clique at the shop, you will be treated poorly and be given the tasks that everyone else don't want to do.

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

not worth it

Jul 20, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

They will hire anyone (which can also be a con) No experience required. They will train you. If you like cars, it's fun.

Cons

Upper management plays favorites. They risk their employees safety by having them drive to the shop to shovel during snow storms. They are hypocritical when it comes to policies and definitely do not lead by example. You are expected to be come in on your days off (if they are short staffed which is almost always) and if you don't, they hold it against you. They keep jacking the prices to ridiculous heights and their reasoning isn't good enough. You won't feel comfortable trying to convince a customer that it's worth the price. When the heat doesn't work, you'll still be working even if it's 10 degrees inside the building. Health insurance is pretty expensive through them as well. Pay is not enough for the work being done. Long hours (10-12 hour shifts at times). No set schedule. Less ands less holidays off. You get vacation time but often are given a hard time when you use it

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Terrible and corrupt upper managers in Lansing mi market

Apr 4, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

None, zero, nada. Well, I guess it makes you appreciate anything else you decide to do. I mean ANYTHING else!!!

Cons

Lies Favoritism Hypocritical upper management. Area manager is a jerk in my opinion Pit employees against each other. Qualified employees are passed over for liked employees. It is all fine and dandy until you don't want to work 5 to 6 eleven hour days as a manager with no overtime. Equals to about 20% less per hour than the average employee.

7 people found this review helpful
    9. 4.0

Good company overall

Nov 19, 2015 - Service Center Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, starting pay is better now, good people, good training program, promotions are almost exclusively from within, manager is good

Cons

Marketing drives me nuts, runs specials with little to no notice, leaving the manager little to no time to schedule for the volume. Not much attention from upper management at the individual store level

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Excellent company to work for!!

Apr 29, 2015 - Service Center Manager in Waltham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

From upper management down you can enjoy coming into work knowing you have the support behind you by great people. Henley is a company that recognizes and celebrates achievement and continues to develop top notch employees. It's a nice feeling knowing you can go as far in a company starting off from the bottom as long as you put in the effort and they'll be behind you 100% supporting you. The leadership and teams that Henley has created is through relentless training offered on a daily basis that includes everything from in store training to speacial training and classes that they provide. They offer great benefits and 401K matching. To put it simple if you want to look forward to coming into work each day and always progress Henley is where it is at.

Cons

In my almost 6 years with the company there has been nothing but ups with Henley. They continue to grow as a company and that provides more oppurtunity which has not stopped progressing since my start. Can't say there are any cons with desire like that.

Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for your more than five years of service to Henley VIOC! Henley VIOC recognizes that its continued success and growth depends on the training, development and career successes of its Team Members. We are committed to maintaining these core values and creating even more opportunities as we continue to grow.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews