Henricksen & Company Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Henricksen & Company President Michael D. Assell
Michael D. Assell

1. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Itasca, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Itasca, IL

I have been working at Henricksen & Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Employees feel valued and are treated well. Most new employees have industry experience and a good industry reputation, we are allowed to do our jobs without being micro managed.

Cons

There are no blaring cons to working at Henricksen. One is there isn't much of a training program for new employees, skill building or technology training for existing employees. However, they are supportive if training is sought individually.

Advice to Management

Remain focused on our customers and the success of our projects. Our management's willingness to do whatever it takes to make our customers happy is one of our greatest assets.

"Not so good"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frazee, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frazee, MN

I worked at Henricksen & Company (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits were good

Cons

Management and the way you are treated.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone the same please

"Great company! Family Oriented."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Henricksen & Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Amazing smart co-workers with a get it done attitude. Management is smart and quick to react. Each location is a very independent business run for each region they are in. They believe the client comes first and are very fair in the decisions they make. Fun atmosphere! Educate their employees to succeed.

Cons

Each location is very independent business run for each region they are in. No management consistency from one location. Minneapolis location is run by a queen bee who controls everything from management to receptionist. She also is the HR representative for this location and uses the info she has access to manipulate the personnel and the organization.

Advice to Management

Consistency between locations. Don't put employees in a box and keep them there....shake it up.

4. "Small Company Work Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Small company where you know everyone including senior managment. Friendly, fun & casual work environment.

Cons

Management dislikes confrontation and does not effectively deal with personnel issues. Whomever complains the loudest or most frequently is to whom management listens.

Advice to Management

Hold all employees equally accountable, establish performance criteria and expections for all positions and actually hold reviews. Have employees review management.

5. "IL"

Pros

Henricksen is privately owned; and the owners care about their employees and they are open to ideas to improve things. It is a very entrepreneurial, sales driven culture. They try to ensure a good work / life balance for employees.

Cons

Health insurance is expensive, but I guess that is the way of the world these days.

6. "No structure no accountability!"

I have been working at Henricksen & Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They offer free refreshments and a nice open space to work in.

Cons

Horribly run business with back hitting and constant cheating going on. Sales runs the business and there is no accountability. It's a modern day sweat shop That breaks all the rules.

Advice to Management

Start to batter down the hatches. Your old way of doing business is costing you money. Your lack of polices and no holds bar approach is going to sink you. Train your staff and don't let people keep blaming others for their mistakes! Divas belong on a stage not in an office!

"You are just a number...."

I worked at Henricksen & Company full-time

Pros

Knowledgeable, hard working and dedicated sales people and administrative support. They also have a beautiful and cutting edge working showroom.

Cons

Management does not think outside of the box, you are hired for one job and that is the job you will do. Management does not support product training for all employees. Management divided the sales group by industry (government/public sector, healthcare and corporate). This causes a lot of tension between the sales reps because, say the corporate team brought an assisted living project, management makes them give it over to the healthcare team or if the corporate team brought in a school district opportunity due to their industry contacts, management makes them hand it over to the public sector group. Lastly, when you plan to leave you don't need to give a notice because they will just send you home on the spot with o further pay and cut off your benefits the day you leave. So make sure you are prepared financially and emotionally and all of you benefits are worked out.

Advice to Management

Show some support and compassion for your employees. Help them grow and be open-minded to trying new approaches to achieve a winning sales team.

8. "overall a professional atmosphere"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

Pros

managment lets me do my job without micro-managing

Cons

no real concept of my job responsibilitis consequently no feedback or acknowledgement of performing my job well.

Advice to Management

reviews should be performed anually. Opinions/feedback from the sales team should be considered and incuded in the review.