Henry Schein Dental Field Sales Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 5 reviews

4.2
Henry Schein CEO Stanley M. Bergman
Stanley M. Bergman

"Great opportunity for a self motivated person."

Current Employee - Dental Field Sales Consultant in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Henry Schein full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a challenging job. As a rookie I'm still finding my place in the industry- but the managers and corporate hierarchy have all been incredibly accessible and welcoming. Fantastic culture.

Cons

Must be a self starter. Once you're in your territory its hands off and you are only going to eat what you kill. If you need oversight or accolades from supervisors to stay motivated- this isn't the job for you.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. You're there when I need you and not breathing down my neck when I don't.

Henry Schein2016-07-20
  2. "Good company"

Former Employee - Dental Field Sales Consultant in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Henry Schein full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, good management, well positioned to continue growth and success. FSC has a lot of autonomy. Rewarding job. You have control of your schedule.

Cons

I don't have much negative to say, but I'm encouraged to write 20 words of negative commentary. I guess I would say that it's still a job and you're not on vacation all day long.

Henry Schein2017-07-16

"Field Sales Consultant"

I have been working at Henry Schein full-time for more than a year

Pros

In my experience, Henry Schein Dental truly values and appreciates all "Team Schein" members/employees. HS cares about what the team members think, and consistently asks and surveys the team regarding company issues. The sales support is very impressive. FSC's have a large infrastructure of resources to aid in all aspects of sales (sales training, prospecting/business development, ordering, financing, accounting, etc.).

Cons

It is such a large company, that some of the processes and procedures can be too rigid and time-consuming. Some of the rules/regulations can interfere with sales.

Advice to Management

The dental industry (especially private practice ownership) is currently changing at a fast pace. It would be helpful if management discussed various career options/paths as the sales positions/roles change to better serve a new and different type of client/customer.

Henry Schein2015-08-27

"Field Sales Consultant"

I have been working at Henry Schein full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growing industry, Great Company, and training and support

Cons

difficult territories sometimes, management in my particular center became unbearable to work with

Henry Schein2014-07-20

"FSC at Henry Schein"

I have been working at Henry Schein full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some autonomy, able to work in the field or from home. Potential for being a lucrative career, in time... Possibly a very long time.

Cons

Early on accounts can be taken away without notice, or stolen by veteran reps that have the office write letters to management asking for a change in representation - which management never questions. The training is extremely long and utterly useless, the information covered is random and vague and not indicative of the actual job. Oh, and it's a straight commission role, you aren't compensated for anything at all. It's...

Advice to Management

The DPAT isn't that great - raise your fees by a dollar, or buy some technology and hope it creates new business is what it should be called.

Henry Schein2013-01-19