Herbalife Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Herbalife Chairman and CEO Michael O. Johnson
Michael O. Johnson

Pros
  • Work life balance, international experience (in 14 reviews)

• The work from home opportunity is great if you are motivated (in 13 reviews)

"Worst IT Department"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Herbalife full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location, parking space
    free nutrition powders onsite

Cons

Vey bad working culture within information tech , very political and bad management style, very rude behaviors , no proper team development culture, no motivation, no appreciation, over loading of work, no work life balance, inexperienced management style, micromanagement.

Advice to Management

please respect your employees

"My Worse, Work Experience to Date"

Former Employee - Policy Advisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Policy Advisor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Herbalife full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

With my background in MLM, I will say Herbalife is backed with a lot of experienced employees, above average perks, and ample amount of funding for projects.

Cons

- Middle to Upper Management are so backwards. My VP didn't even know how to type. My Manager had double my experience but had no idea how to lead a team. This wasn't the case with all departments, but many are this exact case.

- They treat salary and hourly employees the same. Expect calls at 9 PM or a text from a team member.

- I was basically used as a scapegoat on so many projects. As mentioned before, management has no clue on what is going on. They are always trapped in 24/7 meetings.

Advice to Management

Learned to work with your teams. Get off your high horse and realize it's about what's best for the company--not what's best for you. Transparency is also non-existent here. This company needs a major re-org.

"Marketing"

Former Employee - Marketing in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Torrance, CA

I worked at Herbalife full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nothing except good benefits. Complete chaotic environment

Cons

Complete chaotic environment, no structure.

Advice to Management

Focus on process and on saying no to members

"ATTENTION : Dont join if you work in Oracle EBS or IT"

Current Employee - Senior Applications Analyst in Winston-Salem, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Analyst in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Herbalife full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Winston Salem is very cheap location as there is not much development and thats the reason Herbalife opened plant there because of Cheap Land and Labor, that's it !

Cons

My biggest mistake in life was to join this company. Most of the positive reviews you see here are from Herbalife Distributors who are not Employees.
    If you work in IT and moreover in Oracle Apps ERP, never join this place. The management owning Oracle apps is worst, very micro management, sitting on your head, expect you to come to office in time after late night meetings with offshore and don't go to home from office untill late evenings. If you take a break from work for coffee or standing and chatting with someone related to work, the VP will stare like he will fire you right away. They treat you as slave as if they are doing favor to you by paying you. No recognition for hard work. Be ready for lots of smacking in from of whole team all the times. The managements assumption is that higher the pressure on employees, higher will be the output.
    Since I am on H1b visa, its difficult for me to switch jobs, I am desperately looking for my next job. 99% people are stuck here because of H1b visa.

Advice to Management

Look into IS department in Winston Salem seriously, bringing very bad name to company image, its becoming notorious in IT field. I heared HR saying that people who got selected and were offered the jobs here are susbequently rejecting the offers after finding out the things how IS works in Winston Salem. IS looks only H1b Candidates who can be exploited and cant leave the job easily- what a game IS Senior Management is playing with employees.

"Worst company I have ever worked in my entire 15 yrs of career"

Former Employee - Senior Applications Analyst in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Applications Analyst in Winston-Salem, NC

Pros

Good Pay . Get to work on international projects.

Cons

Worst politics in IT department at Winston Salem office . Shouting in public at employees is norm in this department and a totally unprofessional environment .If you are a person with self respect,don't join this company.You will be treated as s**t.No leadership skills at any level.They just lead by intimidation and rampant nepotism.If you are not in their closed circle ,u will treated as an outsider. Most of the IT guys are on H1B visa and management completely abuses them.

Advice to Management

Start hiring candidates who know what they are doing . Not dumb managers.

"Need new management"

Former Employee - General Associate in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - General Associate in Winston-Salem, NC

Pros

Get to meet a variety of people all different walks of life . Free product only to be taken at work

Cons

Hours... management sucks.. leads will get away with not doing their jobs.

"HORRIBLE LIFE"

Former Employee - Senior Oracle Database Administrator in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Oracle Database Administrator in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Herbalife full-time

Pros

Worked there for 3 years but things are getting worse after they shifted IS Department to Winston Salem NC

Cons

Senior Management acts as highly paid "Gate Keeper" They just try to put undue pressure on all IS employees and just want them to stick to their desk and not go home till late evening.
    All people buttering Senior Management can have lots of liberty hikes promotions and work from home. Work from Home Policy is so disgusting, its not consistent. People are frustrated when some are allowed to work from home but some are not.
    In IS Department, people talk in their own native language which is too annoying for others who cant understand what they are talking about. If you are from Sputhern India they you are hired for sure. How discriminating ! after considering all these factors, don't you think its Horrible Life working there, I was discriminated and humiliated in many ways and then finally decided to leave.

Advice to Management

seriously someone needs to look into IS what's going on why lots of people are leaving. Have a confidential Survey on Managers and also on Associate CIO. IF things are not improved all huge investment in Big IT Projects Phoenix and R12 will be a Blast and Failure.

"This is a scam"

Former Employee - Independent Distributor in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Independent Distributor in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Herbalife (More than a year)

Pros

A bunch of annoying people will constantly try and convince you that you will make a fantastic living on these products and that you could be the company's next billionaire.

Cons

Everything. The products are terrible overpriced and deceptive. They have hundreds of law suits against them and better business Bureau complaints. This company is a scam and you should stay far far away from it. There is nothing I hate more than this company. Nothing. When I see some idiot with an herbalife t shirt I automatically lose respect for them because I know what kind of awful company they represent.

Advice to Management

Get a real job and stop screwing people over.

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Herbalife full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nice working class people
    Work from home policy on occasion
    After you have been there several years and establish alliances, you can kick back if needed

Cons

No strategic vision- at the top or in regions. Reactive 100% Senior management is all about status quo, CYA and lack basic business sense. It’s who you know, not what you know. No education, no real work experience. No work/life balance- people work 24/7-expected, not appreciated. Management: Politics, unethical plays and back stabbers. Most unpleasant and miserable group I’ve ever known.

Advice to Management

Rethink your business model. You need to innovate quick so start with cleaning house of all dead weight in management and only hire executives with real experience. Take better care of your "work horse" caste. They are all you've got.

11. "warehouse"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kernersville, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kernersville, NC

I worked at Herbalife full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None to think of some benefits my have been ok

Cons

So miny critical about everything to be a warehouse

Advice to Management

more education