Herbalife Reviews | Glassdoor

Herbalife Reviews

Updated July 19, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance, international experience (in 14 reviews)

• The work from home opportunity is great if you are motivated (in 13 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Director, Finance in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director, Finance in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Herbalife full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company culture, consistently high corporate ethics from the top down, and reinforcement of importance of healthy/active lifestyle. Lots of opportunity to grow within the company, though often by moving into other areas/groups.

Cons

Recent external environment (short seller attacks, FTC investigation, etc) and short term revenue declines have led to a decline in ability to maintain work/life balance in some areas and across the board "tightening of the belt". Return to growth and (hopefully) emerging soon from external pressures should help things get back to normal.

Advice to Management

Make sure the positive messages filter down within the company as much as possible. Find ways to keep everyone motivated.

"HORRIBLE LIFE"

Former Employee - Senior Oracle Database Administrator in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Oracle Database Administrator in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Herbalife full-time

Pros

Worked there for 3 years but things are getting worse after they shifted IS Department to Winston Salem NC

Cons

Senior Management acts as highly paid "Gate Keeper" They just try to put undue pressure on all IS employees and just want them to stick to their desk and not go home till late evening.
    All people buttering Senior Management can have lots of liberty hikes promotions and work from home. Work from Home Policy is so disgusting, its not consistent. People are frustrated when some are allowed to work from home but some are not.
    In IS Department, people talk in their own native language which is too annoying for others who cant understand what they are talking about. If you are from Sputhern India they you are hired for sure. How discriminating ! after considering all these factors, don't you think its Horrible Life working there, I was discriminated and humiliated in many ways and then finally decided to leave.

Advice to Management

seriously someone needs to look into IS what's going on why lots of people are leaving. Have a confidential Survey on Managers and also on Associate CIO. IF things are not improved all huge investment in Big IT Projects Phoenix and R12 will be a Blast and Failure.

3. "Great Culture, building towards great execution"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Herbalife full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture that is very employee focused. Great benefits and perks like gym, cafeteria and ability to participate in community and sponsored events.

Cons

Very tenured employees in senior management that don't really have the skill set to change the business. Very little promotion potential due to tenured senior management that is not going anywhere.

Advice to Management

Fast track your high performing talent for promotion or you will keep losing them.

"Awesome Nutritrion"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Herbalife part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It is amazing experience doing Herbalife, I have lear about nutrition, bussineses administration leadership and much more thanks to this company I flyed all around U.S and had an a fantastic vacations at Hawaii.

Cons

there is to much training but is ok because thanks to those training i'm chainging my mind and must important my life. I only wish that next trainings don't put expensive tickets to go in.

Advice to Management

Please keep helping to more people growing with those fantastics ideas and thank for evriting is doing for Herbalife I hope this company can get on all entire word very soon.

5. "It's pretty good to work here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Herbalife (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment, good people

Cons

not enough resources on teams

Advice to Management

hire employees, realize how important ux is.

"Good Company Bad People"

Former Employee - Designer in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Designer in Torrance, CA

Pros

Good salaries, ok benefits, free products, nice gym

Cons

Too political, very slow, not much room to grow

Advice to Management

Should take care of everybody not just the VPs

7. "Work Environment"

Current Employee - Training Manager in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Training Manager in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Herbalife (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great environment to work in

Cons

Not everyone is open to new ideas

"This is a scam"

Former Employee - Independent Distributor in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Independent Distributor in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Herbalife (More than a year)

Pros

A bunch of annoying people will constantly try and convince you that you will make a fantastic living on these products and that you could be the company's next billionaire.

Cons

Everything. The products are terrible overpriced and deceptive. They have hundreds of law suits against them and better business Bureau complaints. This company is a scam and you should stay far far away from it. There is nothing I hate more than this company. Nothing. When I see some idiot with an herbalife t shirt I automatically lose respect for them because I know what kind of awful company they represent.

Advice to Management

Get a real job and stop screwing people over.

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Herbalife full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nice working class people
    Work from home policy on occasion
    After you have been there several years and establish alliances, you can kick back if needed

Cons

No strategic vision- at the top or in regions. Reactive 100% Senior management is all about status quo, CYA and lack basic business sense. It’s who you know, not what you know. No education, no real work experience. No work/life balance- people work 24/7-expected, not appreciated. Management: Politics, unethical plays and back stabbers. Most unpleasant and miserable group I’ve ever known.

Advice to Management

Rethink your business model. You need to innovate quick so start with cleaning house of all dead weight in management and only hire executives with real experience. Take better care of your "work horse" caste. They are all you've got.

10. "Struggling Independent Contractor"

Current Employee - Contractor P/T in East Orange, NJ
    Current Employee - Contractor P/T in East Orange, NJ

I have been working at Herbalife part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love the flexibility and the advancement the company has to offer.

Cons

When your new and the person who recruits you leave it is hard to get the hang of everything if you don't have a strong fight in you to win.

Advice to Management

If you are going to leave the business have someone in place to help the people you brought on to success where you failed.