Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC Branch Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 13, 2019

4.7
Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC CEO Brian Recatto
Brian Recatto
  1. "You write your own paycheck"

Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

can make as much money as you want as a rep. no cap. the more you do the more you make. off most weekends but if you have to work you get paid a little extra. My manager is a great plus. he has been at this a long time and has much needed wisdom when you ask for it. HCC has helped me to make more money for me and my family than I ever imagined without a college degree. you just have to be willing to work.

Cons

sometimes the pressure of making quota is almost too much to bear. it is nice when you make it, but when you don't, the pressure not to miss again starts to wear on you, even thought you know you are doing everything possible. limited workforce. you need salespeople with cdls, not truck drivers. sometimes that's all you have come thru the door to try and fill a position with.

Advice to Management

Please realize that a Branch Manager is sometimes a rep, warehouse person, admin, mediator, etc. We wear a lot of hats. Some do well with it and some don't. don't give up on those that don't. don't threaten them with job loss or disciplinary notices. teach them what you want them to be and do. after that if it doesn't work, then try and move in a different direction,

Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC2019-11-12
  2. "A company who pays you for what you contribute!"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Since my start a decade ago, nothing has changed in how the company rewards your hard work and dedication. This is the only job/career I have ever been a part of that truly pays you for your talents and work ethic. Pay is fantastic, benefits offered are above industry standards and upper management care about all of our successes.

Cons

With the pros, come the cons. Great pay and benefits come with hard work, long hours, stress and having to make the choice to put the company first to ensure success. Better vacation options would be a plus. Although the company is working toward a more updated system for services, payments and billing, I do feel we are behind the leading companies in getting the more integrated tech.

Advice to Management

I believe HCC is on major path to success. The new fleet is rolling out, the ES App is getting evolved and it seems like the Corp office is trying to take some of the daily responsibility off of the field. I like what I am seeing with the new regime and with our future as a company.

Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC2019-11-12
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "great place to work"

Current Employee - Branch Sales Manager in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

The upper management rolls up their sleeves and will get involved to help, assist, referee or what ever is necessary to create a safe, successful and likable work environment. They are "been there - done that" kind of people so they understand what you are up against before you do. The pay is designed to reward the employee who tries and puts in an honest day's work. The benefits package is AFFORDABLE!!!

Cons

If you do your job the best to your ability and there will be NO downside to this company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! We appreciate your efforts.

Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC2019-11-08
  5. "Awesome Company to work for"

Current Employee - Branch Sales Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great upper management, Great Support from Corporate, good ethics, Promotes within the company.

Cons

None really. Company supplies you with all the training needed to perform your job

Advice to Management

Nothing I can think of.

Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC2019-11-08
  6. "Great Career Opportunity"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Bloomington, IL

Pros

Great pay package, great benefits, and positive work environment

Cons

Long hours and dirty work

Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC2019-11-13

"It's a shame..was the best"

Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits, work freedom, great products

Cons

Regional manager threatens the local branch manager's job if they do not make quota. Regional managers do not know how to run the branches, but yell at you like they do. Company has no sales technology. They are stuck in the 90s. Was pushed out of a $140k a year job for something one of my employees did. Branch manager responsible for everything even if they are on vacation.

Advice to Management

Get rid of regional management and get out of the 90s. Do not allow upper management to manage by threats.

Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC2019-01-21

"Outlook is POOR, we have seen it all before! Same leadership same story!"

Branch Manager

I have been working at Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC

Pros

They try and pay you to put up with company shortfalls, but eventually everyone figures out its not worth it.

Cons

This management team is terrible. They treat their Customers and Employees like dirt. You cant continue to bleed your employees until they quit in frustration. Its the opposite of top grading, as they are more often replaced with the next warm body. As far as the customers go, HCC continues to meet margin and growth goals by increasing prices, a proven recipe for failure. This is the reason the current HCC leadership group drove SK into a hostile take over and eventual bankruptcy.

Advice to Management

Your best option for true growth is to take care of your people and customers. Need to desperately change out regional management, and retire some of the upper management team. The reason SK doubled in size, reached 1 billion in revenue and a 500 million EBTDA after bankruptcy was through management change and great leadership. Ditch the "good ole boy network" and hire some real talent!

Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC2016-06-09

"Not a good long term option"

Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very good health insurance at low rates.

Cons

Zero quality of life. You are just a number contributing to quota. Encouraged to make the numbers by "any means necessary".

Advice to Management

The "good ol boy" management needs to go.

Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC2015-10-11

"Manager"

Branch Manager in Staten Island, NY

I worked at Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC for less than a year

Pros

good health care barely a living wage

Cons

Under paid, understaffed over worked; like trying to do brain surgery with a Swiss army knife and its dull. Upper management has good intent but their hands are tied.

Advice to Management

Put a failed acquisition and re-refinery bust behind you; re-capitalize put $ back in manpower, boxtrucks.

Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC2015-08-20

"High pressure job, poor regional leadership. Unless you like being lied too!"

Current Employee - Branch Manager

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

High pressure to achieve quota at all costs. It's only wrong if you get caught mentality. Regional manager constantly lies.

Advice to Management

This company is all about who can I blame for the problem, instead of fixing the problem. They could care less about fixing it as long as they have a scapegoat, they're good. Be a "yes" man and you'll be ok. Start to question things and they'll find a way to get rid of you, even if they have to make something up to do it. Take a look at some regional managers and stop looking the other way all the time. Don't use the cop out of it's his region and I let him run it, you need to be a little more involved. Stop treating people like garbage and you will be better in the long run. GREED has taken control. Don't forget where you came from, although everyone knows you already did a long time ago. Need to lose the "good ole boys" mentality. This company is all about if your one of "the boys' or not. Mr. Chalhoub is clueless as to what is really going on in his company. His senior management team is costing him big time and he doesn't even know it. Sad. Stop letting the service reps control everything. Hold them accountable and treat them like adults instead of children and maybe they will respond as such. Make the rep pay more lucrative and it won't be so hard to hire someone. These guys call the shots but most are to dumb to know it. Upper management makes the bm's take the heat for their mandates to the reps, because they want the field personal to think they are the best managers and that their immediate boss is the bad guy. What a bunch of gutless wonders. If your going to make a rule, then be man enough to stand behind it and own it. Not this group, blames everybody else but themselves.

Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC2014-10-15