Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC CEO Brian Recatto
Brian Recatto
Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours and high expectations(in 10 reviews)

• "Employees that are terminated are made fun of by upper management for(in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Elgin, IL

I have been working at Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

The leadership. The CEO is one of the best I have ever served under. The culture is positive and the teamwork atmosphere is awesome to work with. You get clear expectations and the support from all the leadership team and it is outstanding. Coming from a background of retail formats, this is a big company with a small feel as you can walk into the CEO’s office and my bosses office and they will engage and support... at any time.

Cons

Non cons at this time

Advice to Management

Keep the culture going. It is a positive work atmosphere and I really enjoy working for this team. It is demanding but you have a network of leaders who are willing to assist.

Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC2019-11-08
  2. "A great place for those that love to work"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Elgin, IL

I have been working at Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Opportunities to grow into a career

Cons

Sometimes we grow too fast :)

Advice to Management

Training, Training, Training

Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC2019-11-19
  3. "Quality of review depends on which branch you work at"

Current Employee - Clerk in Johnstown, PA

I have been working at Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I work at a small branch so my work hours are flexible Paid vacation Accrue paid time off Pays well

Cons

No upward mobility as a branch clerk

Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC2019-12-13
  4. "A company that takes care of its employees…"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Schertz, TX

I have been working at Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits (medical) Good safe work program!!! Good leadership For me, off on weekends and holidays.

Cons

I honestly can’t think of a con… I like working here. My job is stress free, and I have awesome bosses and coworkers Not the best dental benefits… there I found a con!!!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing…

Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC2019-11-13
  5. "Great Organization"

Current Employee - Human Resources

Pros

This is a great company to work for. As they continue to grow this will only lead to bigger and better opportunities for all employees.

Cons

None that really come to mind

6. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbia, SC

Pros

Good incentives / Good benefits

Cons

None / none / none / none / none

Advice to Management

None

Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC2019-11-12
  7. "A company who pays you for what you contribute!"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Since my start a decade ago, nothing has changed in how the company rewards your hard work and dedication. This is the only job/career I have ever been a part of that truly pays you for your talents and work ethic. Pay is fantastic, benefits offered are above industry standards and upper management care about all of our successes.

Cons

With the pros, come the cons. Great pay and benefits come with hard work, long hours, stress and having to make the choice to put the company first to ensure success. Better vacation options would be a plus. Although the company is working toward a more updated system for services, payments and billing, I do feel we are behind the leading companies in getting the more integrated tech.

Advice to Management

I believe HCC is on major path to success. The new fleet is rolling out, the ES App is getting evolved and it seems like the Corp office is trying to take some of the daily responsibility off of the field. I like what I am seeing with the new regime and with our future as a company.

Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC2019-11-12
  8. "You write your own paycheck"

Current Employee - Branch Manager

Pros

can make as much money as you want as a rep. no cap. the more you do the more you make. off most weekends but if you have to work you get paid a little extra. My manager is a great plus. he has been at this a long time and has much needed wisdom when you ask for it. HCC has helped me to make more money for me and my family than I ever imagined without a college degree. you just have to be willing to work.

Cons

sometimes the pressure of making quota is almost too much to bear. it is nice when you make it, but when you don't, the pressure not to miss again starts to wear on you, even thought you know you are doing everything possible. limited workforce. you need salespeople with cdls, not truck drivers. sometimes that's all you have come thru the door to try and fill a position with.

Advice to Management

Please realize that a Branch Manager is sometimes a rep, warehouse person, admin, mediator, etc. We wear a lot of hats. Some do well with it and some don't. don't give up on those that don't. don't threaten them with job loss or disciplinary notices. teach them what you want them to be and do. after that if it doesn't work, then try and move in a different direction,

9. "Great job"

Current Employee - Ossr in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay Insurance Treated well and respected

Cons

It is a sales and service profession You must be willing to WORK

Advice to Management

Please involve drivers when doing route changes

Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC2019-11-12
  10. "I'm always learning something new"

Current Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Elgin, IL

Pros

I enjoy the variety and pace of the job. I appreciate the encouragement from my boss to take on responsibilities and follow them through. There always seems to be room to grow and opportunities to learn. The benefits are good and I enjoy the people I work with.

Cons

The lunchroom spaces are very small so its easier to eat at your desk.

Advice to Management

Provide more updates on what changes are coming.

Found 100 reviews