Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Nov 14, 2019

4.2
Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC CEO Brian Recatto
Brian Recatto
Pros
Cons
  • "Great pay and benefits come with hard work, long hours, stress and having to make the choice to put the company first to ensure success(in 11 reviews)

• "Employees that are terminated are made fun of by upper management for(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "A company who pays you for what you contribute!"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Since my start a decade ago, nothing has changed in how the company rewards your hard work and dedication. This is the only job/career I have ever been a part of that truly pays you for your talents and work ethic. Pay is fantastic, benefits offered are above industry standards and upper management care about all of our successes.

Cons

With the pros, come the cons. Great pay and benefits come with hard work, long hours, stress and having to make the choice to put the company first to ensure success. Better vacation options would be a plus. Although the company is working toward a more updated system for services, payments and billing, I do feel we are behind the leading companies in getting the more integrated tech.

Advice to Management

I believe HCC is on major path to success. The new fleet is rolling out, the ES App is getting evolved and it seems like the Corp office is trying to take some of the daily responsibility off of the field. I like what I am seeing with the new regime and with our future as a company.

Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC2019-11-12
  2. "great place to work"

Current Employee - Branch Sales Manager in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC full-time for less than a year

Pros

The upper management rolls up their sleeves and will get involved to help, assist, referee or what ever is necessary to create a safe, successful and likable work environment. They are "been there - done that" kind of people so they understand what you are up against before you do. The pay is designed to reward the employee who tries and puts in an honest day's work. The benefits package is AFFORDABLE!!!

Cons

If you do your job the best to your ability and there will be NO downside to this company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! We appreciate your efforts.

Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC2019-11-08
  3. "Awesome Company to work for"

Current Employee - Branch Sales Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great upper management, Great Support from Corporate, good ethics, Promotes within the company.

Cons

None really. Company supplies you with all the training needed to perform your job

Advice to Management

Nothing I can think of.

Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC2019-11-08
  4. "Constantly Growing and Getting Better!"

Pros

Benefits are pretty good. Since new CEO, Upper Management has really been involved in listening to employees as to how to make the company a better place. Lots of changes happening. Lots of potential for employees to move around in the company.

Cons

Way behind on technology; from meetings to phones to reports to anything computer related. This makes it difficult to be ONE Team/ONE company. Each department treads their own water rather than everyone working together to stay afloat.

Advice to Management

Find out what your employees' duties are and how they are doing them. Chances are there are way better ways to get the job done, which can free up time for more important and better things.

Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC2019-11-14
  5. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Elgin, IL

Pros

Great company located in the NW suburbs - just off I90 in Elgin. Competitive pay with excellent benefits. Open door policy applies to entire upper management team.

Cons

No negative aspects to advise.

Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC2019-10-30

"Could be Great"

I worked at Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC full-time

Pros

Great people to work with and a great business to be involved with. Benefits are great.

Cons

Upper management No room for advancement

Advice to Management

Start to worry about more than top line revenue! Bring your IT department into at least the year 2000.

Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC2019-01-04

"Beware of this company!"

I worked at Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC full-time

Pros

-The pay structure is good as long as you're able to make quota, but don't calculate your hourly rate! -Health insurance is OK and economical. (for now) -Some other good benefits if you have the opportunity to take advantage of them.

Cons

-I have never worked so hard for a company that did nothing to help me. -Operating like it is 1990 does not lead to an employee or customer friendly experience. -Everything is performed second rate,transportation, disposal methods, billing, HR, IT etc. -Using vacation is not an option in most branches. -The HR dept is unable to assist with anything above basic information. -Employees that are terminated are made fun of by upper management for years to come. -Everything is handled by the rules and laws that suit HCC, not the actual applicable regulations. -There are reasons why there are so many job openings.

Advice to Management

-Treat your employees with respect and dignity. -Don't push your employees till they are broken, then pin your mistakes on them.

Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC2018-11-06

"Good company to work for and pays is good"

I have been working at Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC full-time

Pros

Rare to work any weekends. Benefits package is good, 401k managed by Vanguard. Room to advance quickly especially if willing to move. New CEO hopefully will make changes in upper management , Not sure if this is a pro but it seems almost impossible for someone to get fired nowadays , not sure why that is the case but it seems to be ,

Cons

very poor training and support, branches are left to fend for themselves more or less. Always chasing that number at all costs to make quotas. Branches run with very little support staff or back up. Corporate office seems like they have a single person doing 3 peoples jobs not far from the branch level. New blood is desperately needed at the very top, promotions should be based on merit and not on who you know.

Advice to Management

company has lots of management and vice presidents , what are they doing day to day? we need to innovate and evolve , not just raise prices. every vp or ceo cfo should get on a box truck and ride with the service reps for a bit . try a full day of running services and using the systems we have in place as well as cold calling at some customers and trying to place some part washers. Also i get we have corporate accounts but it seems like we only get the ones that no other company can possibly want , how is it profitable to drive 1.5 hours to pick up 50 gallons of used oil? and have our competitors do all the parts washers, vac and drum waste? should be all or nothing deal .It cant possibly be profitable to do business like that , it seems insane.

Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC2018-09-02

"Some good, Mostly bad"

Current Employee - SSR in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

The pay is about the only good thing. Freedom on the road is nice, when it lasts. Read the cons for why that doesn't happen.

Cons

Almost everything. Upper management has extremely unrealistic goals. They expect you to do the extreme workload of service work along with getting new business everyday. Plus you're legally only allowed to work 12 hours a day maximum but they expect you to be on the road anywhere from 12-16 hours a day and then of course lie in your logbooks about it or face the consequences. Corporate expects you to be a robot who is absolutely perfect and if you make a mistake it's completely unacceptable. It doesn't matter what you've done for the company, only what you're doing for them right now. You have one bad day and they immediately remind you how replaceable you are. They care none for the backbone of this company, the drivers! All they care about is screwing over there customers to make more money then Safety Kleen. Expect Crystal Clean to be filing for bankruptcy the same way SK did sometime in the future. They offer you two weeks paid vacation (80 hours) a year but you easily put in 60-70 hours every single week so that doesn't compensate for much at all. Don't expect to have time to take those vacation days either because the workload is far too extreme and management will frown upon you even mentioning it. Teamwork here is scarce, it's basically a dog eat dog company and everyone will step on you to reach the top. Corporate always makes sure they have there hands in your pockets. The commission is nice if you can find someone dumb enough to pay the ridiculous prices Crystal Clean demands. Be prepared to explain it in the future to your customers though because CC goes up annually usually between 8-15% on all services. Creates many angry customers and it's all up to the driver to explain why when they don't even have knowledge as to the reason. Corporate will just say "It's how our business works." Yeah, ok. Every branch is severely understaffed as well. They expect 1-3 people to perform the work of 10 people in smaller branches. It's really sad how money hungry this company is. If you want to be a slave who has to be perfect at all times, work so much that you're too tired to ever do anything on your time off, and ruin your body for life then Crystal Clean is the place for you! Hope this helps some people.

Advice to Management

Expand your branches, hire more people. Stop being so greedy. You wonder why this company has a high turnover? You treat people like dirt and they will leave. There are plenty of jobs out there.

Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC2015-10-27

"Don't do it!"

Manager

I worked at Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC

Pros

good health insurance is about it

Cons

Slave to a quota. Get it done no matter what. Upper management has the "it's only wrong if you get caught mentality". Management is still working with the good 'ol boys network style of doing things.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees and treat them right. Fire yourselves

Heritage-Crystal Clean LLC2015-10-16