Heritage Operations Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Heritage Operations Group Reviews

Updated Oct 14, 2019

Found 27 reviews

3.1
Heritage Operations Group CEO Benjamin Hart (no image)
Benjamin Hart
  1. "Love my job"

Current Employee - Food Service Manager in Bloomington, IL

I have been working at Heritage Operations Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great employees, benefits. Pay is good, management is hands on

Cons

Being in the health care industry, its always hard to loose residents

Heritage Operations Group2019-10-15
  2. "Great Family"

Current Employee - Dietary Services

I have been working at Heritage Operations Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great co workers opportunities to grow

Cons

watching end of life care

Heritage Operations Group2019-08-21

"Great company in a challenging industry"

I have been working at Heritage Operations Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Amazing culture and very family friendly organization! A variety of programs in place to help employees grow with the company.

Cons

Staffing is challenging, as there are so many opportunities for people outside of healthcare. Those jobs are not rewarding and not one where you can make a difference in a persons life.

Advice to Management

Residents should always be the #1 priority, but we need to remember that employees are also the backbone of our organization. We need to focus on their needs as well!

Heritage Operations Group2019-05-21
  4. "Moving in the Right Direction"

I have been working at Heritage Operations Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Love my co-workers and the Happy to Oblige culture. Work is rewarding. We wear many 'hats' and no day is routine, I enjoy the variety. Opportunity for advancement and/or lateral moves, you can grow with the company.

Cons

Healthcare is challenging and staffing can be troublesome. Definitely not specific to Heritage.

Advice to Management

Keep thinking outside of the box! Focusing on the residents is key, but continue investing in employees as well.

Heritage Operations Group2019-05-10
  5. "EV Village"

Current Employee - Dietary Aide in Normal, IL

I have been working at Heritage Operations Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

They are flexible when it comes to scheduling, helping the residents is always nice

Cons

They are always short staffed

Heritage Operations Group2019-05-05
  6. "CNA"

Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA in Normal, IL

I worked at Heritage Operations Group part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The residents and the hours

Cons

Management and how they treat employees

Heritage Operations Group2018-08-11

August 13, 2018Recruitment Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We value and consider all feedback as this gives us a better picture of how we’re doing as a company, as well as a chance to improve. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed working with the residents and you were pleased with your work schedule. If you have additional feedback, please feel free to drop us a line: jobs@heritageofcare.com.

7. "C.N.A"

Current Employee - CNA in Gibson City, IL

I have been working at Heritage Operations Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay. Shift differentials. Scholarship for C.N.A. or Nursing after 6months. Flexible with scheduling.

Cons

PTO year wait. No bonus on first year if hired after Nov.

Heritage Operations Group2017-11-16

January 11, 2018HR Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for being a part of our family! We value and consider all feedback as this gives us a better picture of how we’re doing as a company as well as provide us with a chance to improve. Heritage has an annual review cycle for employee evaluations. Pay raises are determined by performance, quality of work, attendance and dependability, in-service training, and following Happy to Oblige (H to O) principles. Heritage’s goal is to pay average or above average and we think we are on the mark. We are constantly conducting wage analysis of our positions. Wage analysis is typically based on local industry averages for wages in similar positions, etc. so when conducting a wage comparison, we consider all of those factors. In addition, we evaluate all of our benefits (PTO, health insurance, etc.) each year to make sure our employees are compensated fairly. We like to encourage our employees to continue to grow professionally and personally, whether that be helping an employee expand a skillset to move into a new position within the company, or providing monetary support in finishing out nursing school through the scholarship program. Thank you again for taking the time to write us a review. If you have additional feedback, please feel free to drop us a line: jobs@heritageofcare.com.

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Community Relations Coordinator in Paxton, IL

I worked at Heritage Operations Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

In healthcare, there are many cons that take notice to people who are not familiar with what the job entails. Having worked for a few of the facilities (owned and managed) in a variety of different roles (CNA, marketing, admissions) I can say that the residents are always cared for. The people on the business end really do try to communicate with higher ups and work on getting the necessities for their employees.

Cons

As with everywhere, turnover is always an issue but it is addressed on a consistent basis. With the management end, everything goes smoothly.

Advice to Management

Management does a great job of working on the business end of a nursing home facility. Changes are always happening and everyday is different. There is enough staff that is knowledgeable in different area. Makes working for them and learning easy and enjoyable.

Heritage Operations Group2017-10-28

November 28, 2017HRMS Analyst

Thank you for writing us a review! We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed working for us in a variety of different roles, and that you recognize our number one priority: Our Residents! The Heritage family motto is ‘You take care of our residents, we’ll take care of you.’ Although our residents are extremely important to us, we try to do everything we can to support our employees as well!! Each month, we work to say ‘thank you’ to our employees by showing a little appreciation with a cheesy joke and a goodie item—for example, in the month of September, we passed out Starburst for employees ‘Starstudded’ performance! Cheesy, but we can’t thank our employees enough for taking care of our residents.  If you would like to share anything additional about your experience or ideas about improving retention, please contact us by emailing jobs@heritageofcare.com so that we can set up a time to talk!

9. "Nice Place"

I have been working at Heritage Operations Group

Pros

Family oriented, opportunity to move around, paid parking pass.

Cons

Pay is lower than other companies, benefits like PTO could improve. A little old school in their thinking.

Advice to Management

Embrace technology.

Heritage Operations Group2017-10-27

November 28, 2017HRMS Analyst

Thank you for submitting a review! We are so glad you can see that we are a family oriented organization. When you become a part of the Heritage team, you become family. For as much as Heritage has grown over the last decade, we take great heart knowing that no matter how big we get, we are all family! In addition to our family culture, we like to encourage our employees to continue to grow professionally and personally, whether that be helping an employee expand a skillset to move into a new position within the company, or providing monetary support in finishing out nursing school through the scholarship program. You stated that ‘pay is lower than other companies,’ but we’d like to challenge that thought. We are constantly conducting wage analysis of our positions. Wage analysis is typically based on local industry averages for wages in similar positions, etc. so when conducting a wage comparison, we consider all of those factors. Heritage’s goal is to pay average or above average and we think we are on the mark. In addition, we evaluate all of our benefits (PTO, health insurance, etc.) each year to make sure our employees are compensated fairly. To your ‘Embrace Technology’ remark—YES! Heritage is committed to adopting and implementing new technology to keep with the curve. Change management with new technology is something that we are constantly working to improve, so that we have employees embracing change instead of remaining resistant—and to your point—it starts with management! Thank you again for taking the time to write us a review. If you have additional feedback, please feel free to drop us a line jobs@heritageofcare.com.

10. "You will regret working here!"

Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Springfield, IL

I worked at Heritage Operations Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Starting out pay is $12 an hour (for a reason). They have many benefits.

Cons

Constantly overworked and understaffed. The CNAs that have been there a long time do the bare minimum and really don't care about their residents. They allow employees to come in late to work and so other people who are there on time have to cover for them until they get there. DO NOT WORK HERE - THEY WILL CHEW YOU UP AND SPIT YOU OUT (and won't bat an eye).

Advice to Management

DON'T OVERWORK YOUR EMPLOYEES AND THEN FIRE THEM BECAUSE THEY WEREN'T ABLE TO KEEP UP WITH THE WORKLOAD! I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF THIS PLACE GETS SHUT DOWN WITHIN THE YEAR.

Heritage Operations Group2017-10-28

November 28, 2017HRMS Analyst

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We value and consider all feedback as this gives us a better picture of how we’re doing as a company, as well as a chance to improve. We’d also like to thank you for the time you spent working for us and we appreciate your contributions. It was certainly disappointing to read your comment that Heritage employees are overworked. Although the healthcare industry as a whole is struggling with turnover and staffing, Heritage works to stay competitive in the market and tries to make our homes a great place to work. We try our best to distribute the workload evenly, but also expect our CNAs to jump in to help whenever a resident is in need, even if that resident is not one with whom they would normally interact on their shift. Over the last year, we have implemented Kronos Scheduling for clinical staff, which allows us to have more control over our staffing and tracks when employees are arriving late. It also allows employees to pick up open shifts, which gives them more the opportunity to pick up extra hours if they’re interested and helps us with our staffing. Thank you again for your response; we are very appreciative of your feedback and are sorry you did not have an experience that is reflective of who we are.

Found 27 reviews