Heritage Valley Health Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Norman F. Mitry

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Heritage valley"

Pros

shifts are good and flexible

Cons

No input with management and no progress within job

2. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Blended Case Manager in Edgeworth, PA
    Current Employee - Blended Case Manager in Edgeworth, PA

I have been working at Heritage Valley Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Good office environment.

Cons

Stuck in the same postion

Advice to Management

Great job

3. "Good place"

Current Employee - CMA
    Current Employee - CMA

Pros

Higher pay the WV or Ohio

Cons

Points system. Employee parking. Can't take sick time although earned.

4. "PCA"

Former Employee - Pca in Beaver, PA
    Former Employee - Pca in Beaver, PA

I worked at Heritage Valley Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Company to work for. good benefits

Cons

Must work 3rd shirt every 2 weeks

5. "Lab processing tech"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist in Beaver, PA
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist in Beaver, PA

I have been working at Heritage Valley Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are Good hours and competitive pay. very friendly employees easy to find large facilities there are plenty of offices to work at

Cons

Communication problems. Sometimes upper management doesn't hear your concerns or suggestions raises take a long time when you have been there forever

"Undecided"

I have been working at Heritage Valley Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employee discounts. 401k. Annual training modules that can go towards CME credits.

Cons

There is no consistency. Employees are overworked and hardly ever noticed or rewarded for their hard work. No raises. Job duties are not assigned equally and employees are not paid accurately for the level of work being completed.

Advice to Management

Take time to acknowledge an employee for their hard work instead of treating them as if it's not enough. When an employees hard work is noticed they will continue working at that level. There is no incentive to work hard and frankly there hasn't been for quite some time.

"Registered Nurse"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Beaver, PA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Beaver, PA

I worked at Heritage Valley Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co workers and clean environment. Worked in a physician office setting. Liked the smaller setting but the pay is terrible for RNs. Good hours.

Cons

Terrible leadership/upper management. No raises. Always seem to be on a "pay freeze". Very understaffed in all areas. If you are thinking about being an RN in ANY of the physicians offices DO NOT DO IT!! There are plenty of places hiring RNs with great hours. Employees feel very under appreciated. Run don't walk away from Heritage Valley Health System.

Advice to Management

Work more with your staff and listen to their suggestions on how to make improvements.

8. "Night watch"

Former Employee - Night Watch in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Night Watch in Provo, UT

I worked at Heritage Valley Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very relaxed environment and flexible hours

Cons

Long shifts, poor quality life

Advice to Management

Provide better food

9. "Could be better, could be worse."

Current Employee - Staff RN
    Current Employee - Staff RN

I have been working at Heritage Valley Health full-time

Pros

Worked at both hospitals in various positions-I think the ground level employees really try. There are a lot of good people working there. There are some hospital programs that are very good, and the front line staff and shift supervisors can be great resources. One hospital recently had a strike and I think it will be good for the company as a lot of disgruntled people jumped ship or shifted positions. There is decent tuition assistance for advancement, but the information isn't always readily available. Pay is better than the bigger hospitals downtown.

Cons

Clinically, I think there are a lot of resources here but there is zero organization to any of it and it all goes underutilized. Not a lot of support. I find out way more from my coworkers than any of the thousands of emails constantly thrown at us. (I certainly don't even have time to check email while on shift) I asked join in on a crosstrain to another area that is grossly understaffed and was denied due to a weird rule about the length of time that I was employed with no evaluation of my experience or growth, but there were exceptions made for other people. There is a TON of nepotism at my most recent position. Seniority in no way matters here. My unit is supposed to self-schedule, but they change everyone around with no warning or real reason. Vacation is treated as a gift rather than something i've earned.
    Getting hired here is a trainwreck-expect you resume to sit no less than 2 months, and you have to follow it up more than once or you'll never hear from them. I've switched jobs and even though i'm an employee already it was nothing less than painful; nothing ready, everyone scrambling, can't get a simple uniform. (also, they're REALLY overzealous about uniforms-hope you can get them at all, and that you return the loaners on time!)

Advice to Management

You really should spend some time with your front line employees instead of constantly throwing literature and reviews and Press Ganeys at us that we don't have time to read when working. Town Hall meetings are a nice thought, but when you've put in a 12 or 16 hour day, who would stay for that? There's a pretty big divide between us and even unit management. Come to us sometimes on the unit, see your patients and staff. You will see what we need and why we need it instead reading about it on the employee portal.

"Small "suburb" hospital"

Former Employee - Former Employee
    Former Employee - Former Employee

Pros

HVHS sewickley is a small community hospital north of Pittsburgh. Staff appears friendly at first. Pay was somewhat competitive for area.

Cons

Nepotism runs rampant at sewickley. PCAs who know unit managers socially are allowed to "run the floor" in a sense. Watched one PCA constantly embarrass and harrass coworkers and attempt to do so with the RNs. When questioned, staff said she knew the manager and nothing would be done. Parking is not free. A previous reviewer mentioned staff being related. Yes, this is common. Staff has relatives working in same departments, often in supervisor positions. Scheduling is a nightmare.

Advice to Management

Separate family members who are working in the same department. Talk to sewickley staff. They have a lot of complaints that they air when you're not there.