Hermes Landscaping Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dalton Hermes

1. "Opportunities for Employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Hermes Landscaping full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They provide you opportunities for training, to be better at your position. There is job security if you do your job and want to succeed. The passionate people I work with are great to work with.

Cons

You enjoy your work so much that it can take time away from your family.

Advice to Management

Management sometimes needs to get back in the ditches. Paperwork doesn't accurately reflect what is happening in the field.

2. "When you have to write your own positive reviews you must have a problem."

Former Employee - Project Manager/Estimator in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Project Manager/Estimator in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Hermes Landscaping full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people come into the company. Problem is they don't last long. The unrealistic demands of meetings and the fear of a verbal assault send people running.

Cons

Turnover is astronomical. In my 4 years with the company I saw over 70 people leave the company just in the office staff. These people included management staff such as General Manager, Commercial Manager, 3 Commercial PMs, 7 Estimators, 7 Designers, 5 LM Managers, 2 Sales Managers, 5 Sales, and 4 Production Managers. The reviews posted of these positions being long term is untrue. The only constant action in the company is the owner going on a tirade and belittling employees. There are a few however who have been able to make it through the emotional distress. A very few.

Advice to Management

They don't listen. They just make excuses. The people who give advise are accused of being non compliant and trouble makers. They always use the term accountable in meetings. Advise is hold yourself to the same standards you ask of your employees.

"Network Administrator"

Former Employee - Network Administrator in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Network Administrator in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Hermes Landscaping part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hourly pay was appropriate and everyone seemed friendly.

Cons

You never knew what the manager was thinking and it was very difficult to move the department in the right direction.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to micro manage the IT Department trust the people you hire and let them stay long enough to affect change.

"Don't GO!!!"

Former Employee - Sales in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Sales in Lenexa, KS

Pros

Pay was fair, not great or bad,

Cons

Everything else. Read the other reviews, they're all true.

Advice to Management

Run. Quickly. Run from the owner as fast as your resume will allow you to.

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Hermes Landscaping full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of misleading signals on the onset, long interview process, testing and drug screening. Thought I joined a good company, but it only took a few weeks for the owner to show his true colors. STAY AWAY!!!

Cons

Turnover is crazy, over 20 office/sales staff left while I was there, including the owners family members. The positive reviews have to be their HR Dept looking to fill open positions. AGAIN STAY AWAY!!!!

Advice to Management

Sell the company to someone who isn’t insane, so the poor temp workers you bus in have some kind of future.

"Not Recommended"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Hermes Landscaping full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people that work there are very nice but that's the only positive thing that the company has going for it.

Cons

All other negative comments are accurate, it is true that the positive reviews are not reflective of the actual working experiences.

Advice to Management

There is no sense in offering advice because it will never be listened to or implemented.

"Great Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Office in Lenexa, KS

Pros

Excellent potential for advancement with this company. They promote from within when possible. Training programs are always available to help with your advancement. Great co-workers! The owner has worked hard to place new managers that work well with everyone. The owner is always ready to celebrate success, both big and small. Excited to see where the future takes us!

Cons

Peak season is always tough. Extra hours are needed, as with any company. When there is turnover, hours are heavy as well.

Advice to Management

Keep working to get the right candidates in and placed.

"Great sales career position"

Current Employee - Sales in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Sales in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Hermes Landscaping full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent sales potential, great co-workers, well established quality brand, wellness program, numerous training opportunities, good leadership, career advancement opportunities, promotion from within

Cons

long hours during peak season, wear a lot of different hats, not a lot of other cons to report at this time

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people

"I have been with Hermes for a year and a half, part time."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Pros

As I work part-time, the company is very flexible with my days and hours. I have been fortunate enough to work in several areas of the company. This has allowed me to learn a lot.

Cons

Unfortunately, the weather dictates work schedules on a regular basis and no one can control that!

Advice to Management

Continue listening to your staff and considering their concerns.

"Worst imaginable Company to work for EVER!"

Current Employee - Office in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Hermes Landscaping full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers. And the ability to share our grief with each other. I do like hearing from them how hopeful they are about leaving and getting a better job.

Cons

Ownership treats you like dirt, he'll disrepect you in public, frequently, consistently - even when you're not in the room. Plan on being stuck in 1972...huge volumes of paperwork - use of current technologies? No chance. Worst decision of my life to come here. Bonuses for doing well? Forget it. Raise for taking on more? NO. Plan on getting dumped on with impossible work loads then criticized and punished for failure. Oh, and if you're on salary, plan on getting bullied into working 55+ hours per week with no incentives. You'll be made to feel guilty about spending time with your family and not working weekends.

Advice to Management

It doesn't matter. He won't listen. Never has. He chews people up and spits really good people out. Reach out to former employees on linked in to verify.

Oh, to HR - stop writing these positive reviews. And management is the only one who has written these good reviews so please stop encouraging false hope. Its so obvious.