Hermes Landscaping Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dalton Hermes

1. "Opportunities for Employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Hermes Landscaping full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They provide you opportunities for training, to be better at your position. There is job security if you do your job and want to succeed. The passionate people I work with are great to work with.

Cons

You enjoy your work so much that it can take time away from your family.

Advice to Management

Management sometimes needs to get back in the ditches. Paperwork doesn't accurately reflect what is happening in the field.

"Great Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Office in Lenexa, KS

Pros

Excellent potential for advancement with this company. They promote from within when possible. Training programs are always available to help with your advancement. Great co-workers! The owner has worked hard to place new managers that work well with everyone. The owner is always ready to celebrate success, both big and small. Excited to see where the future takes us!

Cons

Peak season is always tough. Extra hours are needed, as with any company. When there is turnover, hours are heavy as well.

Advice to Management

Keep working to get the right candidates in and placed.

"Great sales career position"

Current Employee - Sales in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Sales in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Hermes Landscaping full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent sales potential, great co-workers, well established quality brand, wellness program, numerous training opportunities, good leadership, career advancement opportunities, promotion from within

Cons

long hours during peak season, wear a lot of different hats, not a lot of other cons to report at this time

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people

"Looking forward to the future"

Current Employee - Operations
    Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at Hermes Landscaping full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture is improving daily. People are hitting their goals and striving to be the best. New faces with new attitudes. Its great to see people working together for a common goal. I feel part of a team here at Hermes.The people that have been here for many years have also been very helpful. There is a lot of laughing and smiling around the office. i have read post on here that talk about past employees. I suggest if you want to know the truth ask the current team.

Cons

Need to keep improving systems.

Advice to Management

Keep the positive culture growing in the company. Keep enforcing teamwork.

"I have been with Hermes for a year and a half, part time."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Pros

As I work part-time, the company is very flexible with my days and hours. I have been fortunate enough to work in several areas of the company. This has allowed me to learn a lot.

Cons

Unfortunately, the weather dictates work schedules on a regular basis and no one can control that!

Advice to Management

Continue listening to your staff and considering their concerns.

"Worst imaginable Company to work for EVER!"

Current Employee - Office in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Hermes Landscaping full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers. And the ability to share our grief with each other. I do like hearing from them how hopeful they are about leaving and getting a better job.

Cons

Ownership treats you like dirt, he'll disrepect you in public, frequently, consistently - even when you're not in the room. Plan on being stuck in 1972...huge volumes of paperwork - use of current technologies? No chance. Worst decision of my life to come here. Bonuses for doing well? Forget it. Raise for taking on more? NO. Plan on getting dumped on with impossible work loads then criticized and punished for failure. Oh, and if you're on salary, plan on getting bullied into working 55+ hours per week with no incentives. You'll be made to feel guilty about spending time with your family and not working weekends.

Advice to Management

It doesn't matter. He won't listen. Never has. He chews people up and spits really good people out. Reach out to former employees on linked in to verify.

Oh, to HR - stop writing these positive reviews. And management is the only one who has written these good reviews so please stop encouraging false hope. Its so obvious.

"The Place to Be!"

I have been working at Hermes Landscaping full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company has turned over a new leaf! They've brought on great managers who support us and understand how to run their departments. It's nice to see people getting promoted and we are all being made aware of the opportunities and career paths that are available. The people are incredible here and it's nice to see how happy my co-workers are. I'm really happy I've stuck around and get to be apart of the success and growth the company is experiencing.

Cons

None right now. Good stuff happening, hope it stays that way.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting and training employees and celebrating both the small and large successes.

"my experience here so far has been great i love working for the company and plan on being here for a while."

Current Employee - Hort in Lenexa, KS
    Current Employee - Hort in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Hermes Landscaping full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

being able to learn more about things you didnt know about

Cons

being able to move forward

Advice to Management

thanks for taking care of problems that have come up and making me feel comfortable here

"I consider Hermes family!"

Current Employee - Driver in Shawnee, KS
    Current Employee - Driver in Shawnee, KS

I have been working at Hermes Landscaping full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Hermes performs at high levels completing jobs; looks, seeding, planting trees and bushes, overall landscapes. I love being around all my co-workers and learning new skills! This company is my second family. I would do anything for them. I'm good at what I do and proud of it. I am a proud member of the Hermes Landscaping family and would highly recommend them.

Cons

Sometimes materials for jobs could be better organized so everyone can work more efficiently more effectively. However, sometimes jobs change at the last minute and there is no way to predict that.

Advice to Management

Maybe rely more on the field workers who are on the job everyday and know the day in and out routine.

11. "Heading in a Great Direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I have been working at Hermes Landscaping full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy the camaraderie with my co-workers! I have only worked here a year and all my interactions with management have been good. Company culture is positive, everyone is very supportive of each other and help each other.

Cons

Unfortunately, there was a more negative group previous to the current team. The team in place however, are movers and shakers!