KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Hershey Entertainment & Resorts

Is this your company?

Hershey Entertainment & Resorts

Add a Review

Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Employee Reviews about "park tickets"

Updated Jun 11, 2019

Found 14 of over 339 reviews

4.0
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Chief Executive Officer William F. Simpson, Jr (no image)
William F. Simpson, Jr
Pros
  • "Park Benefits: Free Entrance to the Park, Free Tickets every couple of months, opportunity to grow in your stands, Employee Discounts(in 24 reviews)

• "Concierge tasks are fairly regular: selling park tickets, providing transportation, scheduling room service(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, Rough work conditions, Management does show some favoritism(in 25 reviews)

• "Low Pay and doesn't offer overtime(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "park tickets"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Ohh Hershey

Aug 19, 2017 - Ride Operator in Hershey, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Free Park Tickets and Hours - Reliable and Relatable Co workers

Cons

- Conditions in WORK PLACE (this depends in department) - Scheduling

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

unique environment

Jun 11, 2019 - Concierge in Hershey, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues are friendly and will often lend a hand. Providing recommendations is fairly straightforward with the comprehensive guides made by the other concierge. Concierge tasks are fairly regular: selling park tickets, providing transportation, scheduling room service.

Cons

The work can be stressful during peak hours. Customers will often contact you first when there is a problem with their experience. Your ability to do your job outside of regular task will heavily depend on building relationships with the other staff, and that may take some time. Guests will make requests that depend on other departments and their ability to free up often unavailable resources.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee

Poor Pay

Oct 10, 2018 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Discounts, park tickets, and some benefits are ok.

Cons

Hours were varied. You sometimes do know a time you'll be finished working at.

4. 4.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Personnel Intern @ Hershey Park

Mar 6, 2016 - Food and Beverage Personnel and Scheduling in Hershey, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learned different aspects of HR, including payroll, staffing and progressive disciplinary action. Received 2 park tickets every pay period, equaling 10 tickets total for the summer.

Cons

Lack of communication, no one on the same page,four supervisors each giving a different answer to the same question, leading to the 20 interns to each have a different thought process to how to go forward with an job duty. $75 deposit for uniforms, that must be worn while the park is operational.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fun environment

Oct 20, 2014 - PBX Operator in Hershey, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Perks for Hershey park tickets and special events Fun training if you apply for reservations/ front desk positions

Cons

employee parking is down a steep hill

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Gateway to many opportunities

Oct 13, 2013 - Concession Clerk in Hershey, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Serving customers, getting free park tickets and other discounted tickets. Working with nice people.

Cons

consistency in enforcing rules, under and over staffing when it is not nessary

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Guest Services

Nov 14, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Hershey, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great health benefits. Perks have been reduced year to year but the company still gives employees a set number of free Hershey Park tickets. Employee discount can also be used if purchasing park tickets.

Cons

Tipped employees are overstaffed making it difficult to earn a living. Management's response is to get another job. If great health benefits are a necessity (terminally ill parent, disabled spouse), inconsistent scheduling makes it nearly impossible to get a second job if you do try to compensate for the lack of income (loss of income during the off season).

8. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good job for high school locals

May 26, 2014 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good hours, free park tickets, friendly supervisors, get to operate large roller coasters.

Cons

Long hours, some rides are very boring to operate,

9. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good company

Jan 13, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free park tickets and good benefits

Cons

Sometimes a disconnect between departments

10. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Hersheypark treatment of employees has gone downhill fast. I would not let my teen work here.

Sep 2, 2014 - Food Service in Hershey, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free park tickets My immediate supervisors are great

Cons

Poor treatment of employees If you are over 18, they will work you to death and not pay OT The high level management is only concerned with money. I have worked part-time for Hershey Park since the mid-1990s. I started in high school, continued in college, grad-school, and now I work limited hours for some extra cash. When I started as a teen employees were treated well, we even got a Christmas bonus based on the number of hours you worked. This ended and when I was in college they paid us bonus pay for working late season. At some point that ended too. I work in food service, and we used to get an employee meal, which at various times was free (limited menu) or something we could purchase at half price, both were very fair policies- as its very hard to impossible to take an actual break- anyone in the restaurant will tell you how difficult it is to just clock out for half an hour for lunch, so you take 5-10 minutes at closing or during a slow period, to eat a sandwich. Then suddenly this year, if you want to eat, you have to walk to clock out, then another long walk to the employee cafe, or you can pack and lunch and keep it in your locker (IF you have one, gross!) you spend the majority of your break time walking- so if you are over 18, you don't take a break and work hungry. Also the parking/clock in situation is a mess. There is not enough parking for employees. Additionally, I have an almost mile walk from my car, to the clock in station, to my work station. (sometimes over a mile, I use a fitness watch). They make everyone.. Minors and adults clock in at clocks with assigned workers.. I get they did this to deal with child labor law issues, but then make this policy JUST for minors. I have had to wait in line, at times up to 15 minutes just to clock in, so before my shift even begins, I have to fight for parking, wait in line just to clock in, and walk a mile.. Not hershey park happy. Also the one perk, getting free Hershey Park tickets, was recently made more difficult this year. It used to be you could have your checks mailed to you, and if it was a ticket distribution date they would mail your tickets with your check- a huge convenience for someone like myself who works full time. However this year, we are now required to physically go to the park and pick up the tickets.. Which wouldn't be bad if you work hours which match the pickup times, however this summer I found myself going out of my way all but one pay day, just to pick up the tickets- (adding to the parking/traffic/ greenhouse gas problem) Also lets talk about the point based call off system. You can receive points (1 point) if you clock in 5 minutes late, I am a good employee, and received maybe 8 points total throughout my 15+ years at the park. This year I was stuck in some traffic, and after fighting for parking and walking almost half a mile to the clock in station, I clocked in maybe 10 minutes late- i received 1 point, certainly not enough to impact my record, however I wish they would have some gray area. Also they have a policy where if you are sick and provide a doctors note, some of your points will be removed, but not ALL. I have never been impacted by this policy, but I don't understand why Hershey will not remove ALL points with a doctors note? Do you want your ride operator's and food service workers working sick???

3 people found this review helpful