Hertz Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Hertz President & CEO Kathryn V. Marinello
Kathryn V. Marinello

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Poor work/life balance almost expected at smaller location (in 202 reviews)

• Expect to work really long hours if you are in finance or accounting (in 525 reviews)

1. "It was amazing."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Hertz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A few pros at Hertz would be they are Flexible schedules. Good compensation. Competitive. Fun. Get to meet new people.

Cons

Not enough cars for the busy days. It can become really stressful, a line full of people with no cars to rent.

Advice to Management

Always stand with your employees.

"Steer clear of working here!"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Hertz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A decent check every week coming out of college

Cons

Rude customers, incompetent/lazy colleagues who only want to go pick up cars and never answer the phone, bad upper management, over worked (7:30-6 Monday- Friday), unprofessional work environment, never any cars, unorganized, unpractical sales goals. Overall if you are placed at a branch, I would not recommend. If you stay there long enough I can see potential skills that can get you a better job for another company.

Advice to Management

Be more professional and stop promising customers unrealistic and unachievable request.

"Manager's Associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a very easy job.

Cons

Underpaid
    Overworked
    Management and HR problems company wide

Advice to Management

HR should explain issues in a better manner.
    Don't promote people based on looks.

"Assistant Branch Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall, decent sales and management experience. Hertz gives you a chance to move up within the company.

Cons

Work life balance can be poor due to lack of staff.

"Non progressive company"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Remote sales operations from home no driving

Cons

Needs to review their drug testing policy. Very antiquated, polices...

"corporate is terrible, heavy relablitiy job, employees are lazy,"

Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hertz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ok for a career starter

Cons

employees are lazy and don't want to work

Advice to Management

watch your employees close, because you have some who work whole heartily and some who doesn't. people will run off with the managers not around and this creates a issue with customer service. my main issue is the people I have to work with, and how they are lazy and don't truly care about the people, or the organization. I'm a work horse at my location because of it, and it's coming to a end. Also, the main issue is that you have to rely on others to do small things that they take hours to do. If I need to get a car brought to my location, the person who brings it will run off & come hours later, if I need a car clean, the take hours, if I need a oil change hold removed, they take hours. And you can ask the question, "why want you do it yourself" the issue is, If I'm with a customer, and the person who says there going to get the car while I'm setting up customer up to place them in the vehicle, runs off and does other things while the customer waits for a hour to do something that takes 5 mins, than it's out of my control. same thing with cleaning a car, everyone waits until the last minute to do it, and they wait for a customer to come into, just to do it when they should have had the vehicles clean before any customers arrived. the oil change issue, only branch managers can do it, any they take there sweet time doing that as well, while I have a customer waiting to get placed in the vehicle.

"Local Manager Herzt Local Edition"

Former Employee - Location Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Location Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A good entry position and excellent training provided ( 2 weeks paid )

Cons

Limited advancement and repetitive work load. Offer us the tools to compete with Enterprise

Advice to Management

Offer the option to rotate location

"Stay far away from this company"

Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Hertz full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Met some wonderful people throughout the years and learn to perform above average under extremely difficult situations. The company matched 401k and provided good health insurance options. The company car was a plus but you had to change cars every few days.

Cons

If you are manager at the airport or off airport location, be prepared to work 50-60 plus hours and paid for 40 hours a week. In addition to long challenge days, the company has developed a culture for having understaffed locations. There is a great deal of pressure to sell coverages, and very little emphasis on providing customer service. Be prepared to not understand the bonus formula and the variables added which have no direct correlation to your operation. There's also a great deal of pressure to hit KPIs and other metrics which are unrealistic. There's very little done from upper management to show employee appreciation or acknowledgment and improving morale at the workplace. Lastly, new hires get very little training and expected to immediately perform/sell. Although it generally takes several months for new hires to learn the two computer systems, the location manager is held accountable for overall sales number despite many operational challenges.

Advice to Management

Provide more staff and a better on boarding process for new hires, instead of throwing them to the wolves on day one. Invest more in employees to improve the morale and change the stressful culture that has become the norm for many years.

9. "Virtual ExpressRent Sales Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The overall benefits were pretty good. Paid time off, plus floating holiday and sick time. Had a 401k match, medical, dental, and there were other options such as vision and life insurance.Tuition reimbursement up to $4,000 after one year service.

Cons

I had worked with Hertz as Account Service Representative before I was laid off when Hertz merged 5 sales regions to 3. I was offered Virtual Expressrent Sales Specialist one week after I was laid off. It was 50% pay cut from what I used to earn. However, I took the job because the supervisor promised that an average sales specialist makes $3000/month with commission,

It has been a nightmare since I started this position. There were discrepancies between what the recruiter promised and what the hiring supervisor informed later on when we started training. The supervisor told the class that we are committed to the department for 6 months, before we are able to apply a different position within Hertz, none of which were told to us prior to hiring. We also did not sign anything regarding the commitment, so it looked like this department particularly is holding us hostage.

The hours were from 3.30 pm - 12.00 pm and off days are Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The supervisor also promises that our schedule will change where we will get at least an weekend day off and it will based on seniority. More than 3 months on the job, the supervisor refused to discuss about schedule change and has been coming up with excuse to discuss anything related to schedule or personnel issues. We did our on-boarding 3 weeks into training, and was told that we will be given an evaluation survey regarding the on-boarding/orientation. But none was given to us. At the end of training, we requested to evaluate the training to commend on our training experience, none was given as well. At the end of the training, the department manager did not speak with us at all, only communicating by text messages through the supervisor.

When we got out of training, there was no support from the supervisor/management. We were pretty much helping each other, and learning by trial and error.We would not hear from the supervisor unless someone in the team made a mistake. The class who completed training with me, (3 others) have already planned on finding other jobs. I found out, from speaking with other agents, that in order for most of them to hit the 10% commission, some of them are resorting to underhanded selling tactics (hearsay). However, after 3 months doing this job, I saw that most customers hated it when we are pushing optional services or charge an upgrade from a car they original reserved. I made my own conclusion.

They have a training class every month because the infrastructure of this department is so flawed, supervisor so inept and the sales specialists were not given tools for them to succeed that their turnover is 50%, which is extremely high.

If you are applying for a temporary job, don't bother. They pay only $11/hour. Although you work from home, you have to pay the internet connection (which has to be Comcast Blast) and the power bill will surge because you are powering 3 high resolution large monitors. It's not worth it.

I am not rating Hertz as a whole, my previous position/department. I had the greatest manager. I am rating this department (ExpressRent Virtual Sales Specialist)

One star is a generous rating, I would not have given any star.

Advice to Management

Transparency about the position, support for the new agents, give commission for all sales transactions and stop penalizing the agents for non sales transactions and fire the Supervisor.

"CSR"

Current Employee - CSR2 in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - CSR2 in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hertz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Do yourself a favor and save some time...Don't apply! This is only a stepping stone until you find better! I have not seen any PROs only inconveniences!

Cons

Overworked employees! All levels of management do not care about employees only bonuses, store number.. All the things that don't keep employees on staff! Very high turnover ratio!

Advice to Management

Care about your employees! Don't make them cover shifts because you don't want to work or close at midnight! You were selected as a manager for a reason. Learn the role of a manager. The pay can't be that great

Showing 49 of 3,830 reviews